Zavo

A doozie.. any thoughts??

OK peeps..

Here's a question.

A friend of mine needs to get a small car for his sister to potter around Bombay in (mostly) and some expressway driving.

Not very difficult you say right. WRONG!!!
She's very fussy.

Here are the needs, a small car with ABS and airbags, Diesel(don't ask me why.. its something the lady wants, if you wanna argue pm me and I'll give you my friends number) God knows I've broken my head over this one.

Now heres where it gets interesting. She does NOT like the swift, is not too impressed by the Fabia either. Yes yes I know.. I don't know how I'm friends with them.. but hey.. to each his/her/it's own right?

Price really isn't an object since they were considering the Fabia, so I guess you could cap it off at about 9 lac's.

I've kinda convinced them to look at a smallish sedan, but the criteria remains the same. Diesel, ABS, Airbags.

Thought's please Ladies n Gents.

A good one. I was about to react' The Santro family' then realized the diesel issue. Does not the Getz have ABS and Airbag (no sure here) as options?

sgiitk2008-04-07 05:23:35

AS per the autocar tech sheet.. only the Getz petrol has the ABS option..

Indian car companie's SUCK as far as giving this very important safety feature on the cheaper spectrum of vehicles..***** I tell ya..

The Fabia makes good sense here. Too bad she doesn't like it. But given the conditions nothing else really fits the bill. The other option would be the Dzire ZDi, but Im guessing she won't like this one either.

FRG

A diesel ABS airbags no swift ,Getz out of idea, DZire kicked ass ,  tell her than Ford Fiesta is a small car and is a hatchback (like octiva lie) .Tell her to import some good small diesel car if money doesn't matter (wait for i10 diesel best bet)

It really is frustrating to live in a country where the market is developing and you are a car lover.

It burns me to the core to see countries with developed car market's where you can virtually build your car from scratch.. I wonder if we're ever going to get there in our collective lifetimes.

No the new SXi as far as I know now comes with ABS as standard. Earlier' date=' the alloys were standard and ABS optional, now its the other way around.

FRG
[/quote']