rakeshsinha

New Honda City ZX 1.5

hi, hv decided to own Honda city ZX 1.5 out of SX4, Ford and Aveo. I don't like swift Dzire for its shape. I will be buying Honda in this month only as hv heard that the mileage kpl is 12/17 city/highway. Is this true ?? the other features in this car are exciting as hv seen in 'Imperial Honda-Kolkata'. Please suggest whether I am doing right??smiley5.gif 0ne concern is - price seems to be on higher for 1.5 hv to pay 7.85 lac. whether Honda is doing anything ??smiley3.gif Regards - Rakesh

The present Honda City is being phased out and a new model will be in the market by Dec 2008. So if your need is not urgent and can wait for another 7-8 months , the newer model can be preferred.

City v. SX4 is another thread. The mileage of the City is brilliant, and what you are stating appears to be in the ballpark.

The new model is expected to have an all VTeC line up of engines. I expect it to be somewhat costlier, and bigger.

typos corrected

sgiitk2008-04-09 04:57:52

ya its going to be worth wait....coz when Honda launches new models other companies have to keep silence and see the sales of honda...

A wait of anything over 2 months is not justified, whatever the car (on Indian roads today, that is) may be.

My humble submission.

(I should know, I am going thru a 2 month waiting for the Fabia!!)

The present Honda City is being phased out and a new model will be in the market by Dec 2008. So if your need is not urgent and can wait for another 7-8 months ' date=' the newer model can be preferred. [/quote']

hi thanks !! the new version of Honda which u r advising to wait for will be even costlier than the present. Meanwhile I got a good news that the 2008 Aveo 1.4 LS has removed its previous errors (gear shift, safety etc). can I go for it as its special edition is fully loaded and FE too??

City v. SX4 is another thread. The mileage of the City is brilliant' date=' and what you are stating appears to be in the ballpark.

The new model is expected to have an all VTeC line up of engines. I expect it to be somewhat costlier, and bigger.

typos corrected
[/quote']

Thanx my friend. All the cars (Chevy Aveo, Ford fiesta, Honda City) except Sx4 would be phased out in this year. Wat we shd do than?? Moreover, the VTEC version of Honda would be even more costlier. My budget is near around 6.5L. Can I go for new 1.4 Aveo (2008 special edition) as all the releted difficulties with it have been removed and they are providing airbags (of course ABS in hight end version). A fully loaded Aveo looks to be better and economical than SX4 and Fiesta (of course not better than Honda on mileage ground). Hi reply soon... 

@rakeshsinha. In general you will find the new model better specified, somewhat bigger and about 5-10% costlier. Just see my post in the SX4 future thread about the horrific crash someone had in a City (Mk I) and walked away unharmed. At least shows the City is well put together.

hi' date=' hv decided to own Honda city ZX 1.5 out of SX4, Ford and Aveo. I don't like swift Dzire for its shape. I will be buying Honda in this month only as hv heard that the mileage kpl is 12/17 city/highway. Is this true ?? the other features in this car are exciting as hv seen in 'Imperial Honda-Kolkata'. Please suggest whether I am doing right??smiley5.gif 0ne concern is - price seems to be on higher for 1.5 hv to pay 7.85 lac. whether Honda is doing anything ??smiley3.gif Regards - Rakesh

[/quote']

Honda City is a good car, though this model is in it's last leg: Honda is phasing out the iDSL and bringing out all 16 valve VTEC, scorchers..sure won't be cheap... but will reclaim the market with a flourish, that's a given. But even the present City is very, very, userfriendly and very, easy to drive in the City; the electric powersteering is a boon in the city; mileage is just fantastic. But its barebones basic when it comes to equipment, even after all the things that have been added off late. When I drove the demo car, the feeling was I have been driving the car for atleast 10 years, it put me to ease completely; though I had driven it for the first time. My dictum when buying a car: "I want it all, I want it all and I want it now!!" <reminds me of the song>...soo went ahead and bought an Elantra...no regrets.

Wait for the new honda city.. It'll be awesome. Take a test drive of the aveo form the dulichand motors showroom so that u can drive on the bypass. U'll get a clue about the car then and there. If u like it, then go for it.