Innocent

Confused buyer: SX4 vs. Verna vs. D'zire

Hi Friends... based on your valuable comments in my earlier thread, I have excluded Aveo, Fiesta (beacuse of high maintenance) & City (beacuse I do not want to buy a car which is scheduled for a significant makeover, and cannot wait for few months to buy the new variant) from my preference list.

So this leaves me to zero-in on SX4, but I missed to compare it with Verna.. so need your thoughts over it and also how good D'zire fits into this comparison.

One problem I faced with SX4 during Test drive is it's poor rear-visibility.

GO for SX4 ZXi .A piece of advice switch to the tyres of VXi varient and put after market alloys if you are driving in the city .Excess of everything is bad and so is grip.

go for either fiesta or aveo or honda city if you want a petrol car.. i personally dont like the sx4.. desire and verna looks ugly.. if you want a fully loaded car then buy aveo or fiesta or else go for honda city..

go for either fiesta or aveo or honda city if you want a petrol car.. i personally dont like the sx4.. desire and verna looks ugly.. if you want a fully loaded car then buy aveo or fiesta or else go for honda city..
he doesnt like gm n due to change in model doesnt wanna go for city n also doesnt want ford due to high maintenance so only option for him are sx4 n verna...   

Why is everybody writing off Swift Dzire petrol here? It is not as if the dzire is good only in diesel format. Why don't you test drive dzire once and check for yourself innnocent. I think its s great package. Anyday better than verna.

The Verna is an older car compared to the SX4, and the petrol variant is not very good.

Between the Dzired and the SX4 I suggest you take thorough test drives of both and decide which car you prefer. Since both cars have same interiors and poor rear visibility, it is up to you.

SX4 has more space, and a more powerful engine.

DZire has greater maneuverability and is a good car for congested roads where drivers and pedestrians lack civil sense. Both cars provide similar mileage.

But I still stand by my earlier suggestion: Go for the Ford Fiesta 1.4

Verna has many problems tyre burn out by normal people and small things like low power head lights and many more so if Hyundai comes with update then it would be good.

Sx4 Vs Verna-

1. better build quality & interiors - 1.verna 2.sx4 
2. better handling - 1.sx4 2.verna
3. Low Maintenance & peace of mind - 1.sx4/verna
4. vfm - 1.sx4 2.verna
5. resale - 1.sx4 2.verna
6. Fe - 1.sx4/verna 
7. ride quality - 1.verna 2.sx4
8. performance - 1.sx4 2.verna
9. gearbox - 1.sx4 2.verna
10. looks - 1.verna/sx4
11.safety - 1.sx4 2.verna
12.refinement - 1.verna 2.sx4
hope this helps.

Its clear......either the SX4 or the Dzire..Even though the Dzire is a segment below, it is still an awesome package.. I like the petrol Dzire a lot because I know about its performance and mileage, owning a Swift. The Dzire is a more rev eager engine which loves to pull and is very refined.. The SX4 has got good midrange grunt, but overall isn't as smooth as the Dzire's engine.. If u self drive then the Dzire has more than sufficient space in it, and being a size smaller, is a blessing in crowded city streets.. Its good on the highway too.

I told it before only that its segment down but some others are comparing it with all these higher midrange so let it be..n if he likes dzire then nothing to do with segment.. Even if we think dzire should not be even with logan it should be with premium hatches as its simply nothing else but swift ..but ya if u can compare swift with logan for its engine then yes u can compare dzire also

Hi Guys.. would like to share my excitement with you that today I have booked a D'zire ZXI (there is a 02 month waiting period). I took a test drive of both SX4 and D'zire and in that D'zire appealed me more (in terms of better handling, ease of driving/ride quality, engine refinement and mileage). The rear view and back seat is also better than SX4, and I am also excited about the safety and luxury features I would be getting in this price range.

Would like to say a big Thanks to all you again for all your help/suggestions provided on my querysmiley31.gif

Hi Guys.. would like to share my excitement with you that today I have booked a D'zire ZXI (there is a 02 month waiting period). I took a test drive of both SX4 and D'zire and in that D'zire appealed me more (in terms of better handling' date=' ease of driving/ride quality, engine refinement and?mileage). The rear view and back seat is also better than SX4, and I am also excited about the safety and luxury features I would be getting in this price range.

[DIV'][/DIV]Would like to say a big Thanks to all you again for all your help/suggestions provided on my querysmiley31.gif

Enjoy your car!!