rakeshsinha

Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair or TATA Indigo LS

hi guys and gals, Namaste. Please guide me which will be the better out of these petrol sedans which I have shortlisted keeping in view my limited budget. If u hv information that ICON will be phased out suddenly, pl do inform me. Also pl inform if one of you have recently purchased Indio LS (4 Mtr) car which is available at mouth watering price after 12% new excise duty relaxation. My budget is 4.5 to 5 and I don't like hatchbacks.

Its indigo cs....but hav a look at accent gle its also gonna phased out but a good car n better than ikon...even indigo is a good car but still its Tata so u never know but petrol is i think good n a Vfm car...

The Ikon was launched in Oct 1999, so needless to say it is a very old car. It is low slung, with old fashioned interiors, poor mileage etc.

The Accent, should have been phased out with the launch of the Verna but it wasn't. Being an owner of an Accent, i would not recommend it to anyone.

The Indigo CS is a new entry level sedan and is priced very attractively. It has some minor setbacks like a slow pickup and below average interiors, but it is overall a much better car than your other choices.

The Tata Indigo petrol -oh I can't think about such a car.The diesel Indigo is a better choice but your budget does'nt permit.This is because of the Tata gremlins which pop out anywhere anytime. The diesel is economical to run and so such such gremlins can be tolerated a bit. But for the petrol- we pay for the car's consumption and if there are mechanical hassles then ?????

The Ikon  has had its time and is going to be phased out sooner or later. Moreover the maintenance costs and fuel consumption are quite well known.

The Hyundai Accent  should fit your requirements. The best will be to stretch your budget and go for a Swift Dzire- its hassle free, economical on the fuel and if you can save enough for the base diesel version then  that's the real car in this segment.

The Ikon is to get a major upgrade...Its better to wait for it as its gonna get a 1.4 diesel from the fiesta....The CS looks much better from the back and is low on maintenence and has cheap spare parts...Ford is expensive to maintain although the fiesta engine may reduce the maintenance as its pretty reliable...

yeah, Ikon will get a major overhaul by the end of this year and will be pretty much around. But it is an old car with high maintenance and engine dosen't have good performance.

U can try the Dzire VXi or the Accent GLE. The Logan is good too but its a tad too basic.. Plus petrol motor lacks sparkle.

the ikon is such a well balanced car. Rear legroom is decent, it rides well. Indigo is not reliable, ikon is expensive to maintain. You really don't have a choice. If you love driving, then go for an Ikon. If you want practicality, I strongly recommend the logan. Indigo CS is a close second option and Ikon should be the last unless you want a car that handles well.

The Ikon is not around for much longer' date=' that is for sure, but you really have not given us much to choose from, have you? !![/quote']

ya dear friend. u can suggest me for other cars also in this segment. My budget is appx 5 lac, I don't like hatchbacks and can go for a diesel varient. thanks

ikon is going to be phased out by september and new ikon is stated to take its place and it looks damn good better than fiesta...its going to compete against swift dzire with petrol and fiesta 1.4 diesel engine....if u can wait till then it is going to be good option....otherwise right now according to me there are two options indigo cs LS diesel model which is going to cost you around 4.7 lacs on road or swift dzire lxi petrol which is again going to cost around the same....all other options logan, accent, ikon flair are not going to fetch you good resale value and are outdated models....my choice if going for petrol swift dzire lxi...if diesel nothing beats indigo cs

Its indigo cs....but hav a look at accent gle its also gonna phased out but a good car n better than ikon...even indigo is a good car but still its Tata so u never know but petrol is i think good n a Vfm car...

hi, nice to hear from u. Accent GLE looks to be meant for old aged people. ICON might be phased out after which its spare parts will not be available. TATA LS Diesel remains only one option. Can u pl inform me whether DICOR engine is available in this model.

The Ikon was launched in Oct 1999' date=' so needless to say it is a very old car. It is low slung, with old fashioned interiors, poor mileage etc.
The Accent, should have been phased out with the launch of the Verna but it wasn't. Being an owner of an Accent, i would not recommend it to anyone.
The Indigo CS is a new entry level sedan and is priced very attractively. It has some minor setbacks like a slow pickup and below average interiors, but it is overall a much better car than your other choices.
[/quote']

hi confused,

....but wat about INDIGO CS DIESEL available in just 4.50 L and giving a mileage of 15/19 city/highway. I wd love to buy this if DICOR engine option is available in this. Any idea abt DICOR??

dicor engine will come into cs by end of this year when new indigo full size will be launched with fiat's engine...as of now turbo intercooler is being used but definitely by end of year tata will bring in dicor in cs because of pollution norms and then resale value of current cars will definitely come down

The Tata Indigo petrol -oh I can't think about such a car.The diesel Indigo is a better choice but your budget does'nt permit.This is because of the Tata gremlins which pop out anywhere anytime. The diesel is economical to run and so such such gremlins can be tolerated a bit. But for the petrol- we pay for the car's consumption and if there are mechanical hassles then ?????
The Ikon  has had its time and is going to be phased out sooner or later. Moreover the maintenance costs and fuel consumption are quite well known.
The Hyundai Accent  should fit your requirements. The best will be to stretch your budget and go for a Swift Dzire- its hassle free' date=' economical on the fuel and if you can save enough for the base diesel version then  that's the real car in this segment. [/quote']

hi, do u hv any idea of DICOR which is a diesel engine fitted in Indigo and leads to better mileage and pick up. Is DICOR is available with Indigo LS. Should i go For itsmiley19.gif????

no indigo cs does nto come with dicor engine!!! it is more refined then turbo engine being used and has almost same mileage....dont buy indigo with full boot coz new one is coming by year end...

Air Conditioner 

tick.gif

Power Windows  

tick.gif

Power Steering

tick.gif

Anti-Lock Braking System

delete

Air-Bags (Driver | Passenger)

delete

|

delete

Leather Seats

delete

CD Player

-

Specs Availability
Overall Length 4150

mm

Overall Width 1620

mm

Overall Height 1540

mm

Kerb Weight 1155

kg

Mileage (Overall) 12.4

km/liter

Seating Capacity (person) 5

person

No of Doors 4

door

Displacement (cc) 1396

cc

Power 70

PS @

rpm

Torque 140

Nm @

rpm

Transmission Type Manual

Gears/Speeds 5

Gears

Minimum Turning Radius 5

meter

Tyres 175/65 R14

The Hyundai Accent  should fit your requirements. The best will be to stretch your budget and go for a Swift Dzire- its hassle free' date=' economical on the fuel and if you can save enough for the base diesel version then  that's the real car in this segment. [/quote']

hi, do u hv any idea of DICOR which is a diesel engine fitted in Indigo and leads to better mileage and pick up. Is DICOR is available with Indigo LS. Should i go For itsmiley19.gif????

What you mean is perhaps the Indigo CS and not LS. LS is the second higher version in the diesel line-up (4000mm plus length with 24 % excise duty) before the LX.

The Indigo CS comes with the old 1405cc turbocharged engine that has been powering the Indigo since its launch. They don't offer a DICOR now with the CS.The Fiat multijet 1.3L and the DICOR are future options . The CS also does'nt have a power window fitted version.Its meant to make the car look like a budget car with less options and  the buyer pays @ 12%  excise duty.

The DICOR engine gives a higher BHP output, better mileage, is more throttle responsive and less polluting.But its only available in the 4000mm plus Indigos that are taxed @ 24% central excise duty.

Yes, I fully agree that the Accent looks dated and old today.

anjan_c20072008-04-16 14:20:28

@rohit has got the DICOR facts about right.

I am guessing your budget is around 5.5. I would not suggest you to go for any Tata car. I never trusted Tata cars.

You can go for the DZire at this price. Its an excellent car with good boot space and good mileage.