rakeshsinha

Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair or TATA Indigo LS

The DiCOR engine has more pick-up and is stronger by all means. But it is costly to buy and maintain. If u must buy a diesel, then go for the Dzire diesel LXi. The Indigo LS and Dzire LXi are similarly speced but the Maruti is infinitely better in all respects.

well indian auto is in transition phase .... customers are in real dilemna what to buy what not to buy.....if he buys indigo cs in 8-9 months this model will be outdated and indigo cs will be powered by dicor engine and with discounts (tata's are very generous in giving 40-50,000 discounts) ..... if he buys tata indigo ls/lx it is going to be powered by fiat multijet with facelift and new features by year end....then he wont get a penny for the current model....

same is the case with ikon....and accent...

at present safe bet is dzire...its new and will command good resale....

if he can wait for another 10 months he will have hit a jackpot....new vehicle with powerful engines....

I do not think anyone is generous. Discounts are a matter of pricing strategy - you give a realistic price, or inflate it and then give discounts. The latter are useful in company cars, since you can get accessories thrown in 'for free'. I will prefer the former since this will also reduce the taxation incidence. Also, when a car is selling well you do not hear about discounts!

ikon s having good brand image and is also a class higher than accent and indigo. accent is a korean car and it feels cheap. want a proof drive a one lakh kilometer accent and ikon,ikon will be rattle free. go and buy ikon

Accent anyday is better than ikon n is not segment above accent ....but the person who started this thread for his query already bought aveo so no meaning of this thread ...Frg please close this thread

Its indigo cs....but hav a look at accent gle its also gonna phased out but a good car n better than ikon...even indigo is a good car but still its Tata so u never know but petrol is i think good n a Vfm car...

hi' date=' nice to hear from u. Accent GLE looks to be meant for old aged people. ICON might be phased out after which its spare parts will not be available. TATA LS Diesel remains only one option. Can u pl inform me whether DICOR engine is available in this model.
[/quote']

Accent and Ikon were launched at the fag end of 1999. That's when I bought Accent GLS and had it for 6 years. Yes it looks a little dated now, though it has beige interiors. But Accent's still doing decent numbers. Now its even a better option after the price drop. It's a decent car; not meant for spirited driving. Decent boot space, great interiors. Whats flawed is the ride and handling, which becomes wishy washy when loaded with full complement of 5 people and more. The engine doesn't look like it has 94 bhp. Not to be hustled, and dent prone because the engine lacks power to bail you out from sticky situations. That's my assessment.