Arka

Judgement of Swift/Dzire diesel

Hey folks I was thinking that how good is the diesel motor in the swift/dzire-performance wise?? How good will it be in the city and on the highway, the speeds it is capable of, its load taking capacity....etc.

Though I am not planning a buy or anything, I am still very eager to know..

well swift dezire has one of the best diesel engines.....its mileage is yet to cum exactly but its arnd 12-14 in city...

i have driven it to 150 with AC and 200 being its maximum speed..soo you can very well imagine its load taking capacitysmiley2.gif..it's pick up is also good...it increases as rpm goes above 2...

well swift dezire has one of the best diesel engines.....its mileage is yet to cum exactly but its arnd 12-14 in city...

i have driven it to 150 with AC and 200 being its maximum speed..soo you can very well imagine its load taking capacitysmiley2.gif..it's pick up is also good...it increases as rpm goes above 2...

Why would the mileage cum? smiley2.gif On a serious note, the dzire diesel should struggle to touch 165. I feel that it's adequately powered for Indian roads.

it will be very tough for the DZire to touch 200. It should go to around 160, not very much more.

The engine  in the Swift/DZire (Diesel) is very good, it's quiet and gives excellent mileage.

The hatch itself has max speed of 180kmph so how can a bigger car with same engine do more .? The performance is adequate in the city but you can't drag with its hatch sibling.

I understand...!! But compare it with other rivals like the Indica dicor' date=' fiat multijet, skoda fabia....!!

[/quote']

Thought I would point out that the Swift and the Dzire use Fiat's multijet engine.

200 is impossible even for the getz diesel i think....its performance will be more than sufficient unless u always want POWER

Is this car being talked about a BMW 325i or a diesel, Fiat powered, Dzire that can touch 200kmph?

Getz Diesel does 200 with outmost ease.

?

?

and here are some intersting points about it

?

No offense, but if you have done 200 + with "utmost ease" on a Palio Diesel, then the least I can comment on is that you were either driving down Mt. Fuji, or more likely, a very faulty speedo.

Get Real!!

hey guysz every car in india has abnormal speeds printed on the speedo.......maruti 800 has tilll 140 though itz max is 120,santro till 180 but its max is 150 sumthing........apart frm that the diesel engine of swift is the engineering marvel of the century.....the revolutionary fiat mjd.........it feels as if ur driving a petrol !!!!

No offense' date=' but if you have done 200 + with "utmost ease" on a Palio Diesel, then the least I can comment on is that you were either driving down Mt. Fuji, or more likely, a very faulty speedo.
Get Real!![/quote']

Dude, i never claimed i did 200+, what i said the Hyundai Getz Diesel can do 200+ with utmost ease, i know it is hard to believe so check this out.

And thats a 88bhp Getz Diesel, the Indian version is 110bhp, so that should do 200 with ease, there is a video of that too on youtube, just do a search smiley2.gif

In fact the Indian version of the Hyundai has just 200 kmph on the speedo. Which means that the top speed will be "a bit" lower!!

http://imgs.indiaautomobile.com/newcar_images/hyundai_getz_prime/hyundai_getz_prime_int1.jpg

Hey aditya i dont think its diesel coz in diesel there were beige interiors from the very beginning(Acc. to me)..