mk15

New Honda City 2008

Hello

I am on the verge of purchasing a new Honda City gxi on which delaer is giving me 35k off . However, the threads here regarding launch of a new honda city later this year have made me reconsider purchasing right now.

Is the slated launch confirmed and any info available regarding the new car??

Thnaks  so much

Nope...no details on next car available yet but expect it to be stunning as every new honda is....and if u desperately need a car now,then its a good deal...the present city is a good car...if u can wait then do wait...a word of caution-the new city wil be slightly expensive than the present model

If the improved engine is going to be a standard fitment, then the cost increase may be a bit more than "slightly expensive". Add to that the loss of discount.

So, if you have half a mind to buy the car imm., go ahead!!

I hope the new city ain't a cab forward design and they reduce the height and make it like type 2 one .One can sacrifise space for the handling . Also the new Accord is going to be shown to public on 16-17 by Icchiban Honda and already 67 new ones are booked.

Thanks for replying.

Gord is not offering any discount. Morever , I do not have a service center in my city for Ford.

What are the cons of honda city Gxi ??

Thanks

The new honda city will be a quantum leap over the old one.. If possible do wait, but as said above, it'll be significantly more expensive.

The cons of the city gxi are price, handling, performance, braking, over-light steering...all of these making the current city a poor driver's car. It is good to be chaffered around in though as it has the best rear seat comfort in its class and it is high on quality and reliability as well.

my suggestion would be if you can wait for some time as all manufacturers are coming up with new models by mid march next year...if you spend 7-8 lakhs now you wont be able to get good value after one year due to new launches....if you are in dire need go for second hand one ...you will get it at good price and later you can switch to new one....that way you will get new technology at good price

my suggestion would be if you can wait for some time as all manufacturers are coming up with new models by mid march next year...if you spend 7-8 lakhs now you wont be able to get good value after one year due to new launches....if you are in dire need go for second hand one ...you will get it at good price and later you can switch to new one....that way you will get new technology at good price

No one would wait over an year for a new car. Anyways, by that time, news of the next set of upgrades will start making the rounds.

Don't buy a car which is at the fag end of its life-cycle, and when you have definite info. that it is due for an upgrade soon. Unless of course you want to take advantage of any massive discount that is being thrown at you.

If you are planning on waiting, you will end up waiting a long time!!

Hello all

Thanks for ur comments. I was just seeing a shoot out btw sx4 and city on aaj tak - chake pe chakka screened on Sunday wherein it was stated that honda has shelved its plan for the new city till next year due to the encouraging sales of March 2008. Any info or confirmation regarding this.

Thanks

Honda isn't intrested in India if this news is true others please confirm this and the members saying that honda upgrade no matter how the car is selling can take their words back.