raj_5004

Scorpio VLX TD

i had driven the mHawk before, but then that was a short spin. this time i took it for a complete test drive and also booked it...

initially what i liked about the new engine was its refinement. it picks up from a low speed in any gear with an enthusiasm which suprises you! outright acceleration is much better than the competition.

the suspension though good is not the best, but you wont have a reason to complain. its pliant enough.

reverse sensors work well, tyretronics are good but cant comment on how accurate it is. the biggest grouse is absence of indication for the cruise control but it works well. u can increase/decrease speed or reset your original speed at the touch of a button. dint get a chance to test the auto headlights and wipers but this feature can be switched on/off as you like through 2 buttons on the central console.

the voice assist system is good enough.

in the 8 seater, you can slide the middle row seats back and forth to increase legroom but still legroom is only adequate. it was not uncomfortable for a 6 footer like me!

the A/C chills, the sound system is ok but the head unit rocks. has got a CD player with pen drive and SD card compatibility.

overall, i was very impressed...

@ thermalpaste: i do agree to you buddy.

@ adityam: yes the fit and finish is poor compared to the innova, but is better than the safari, i think.

@ rssh: i also thought the same buddy, but only till the test drive. the engine is a gem. very refined and ultra-responsive as compared to the competition. also the endless feature list and certain feel good factors of the scorpio's cabin make u feel its worth it, not kidding.

@ busa: yes, it rolls a lot less now but i agree, scorpio has never been a good handler. but SUVs are not meant to handle, are they?

trust me guys the vlx is not expensive for what you get

i have a month old vlx with me now

its engine rocks, its high on comfort except for the lack of cabin space

but its compact dimensions actually help me in city

i am regularly getting 11 kmpl in the city with 100% AC

all its features work well

and about the long term reliabilty, i know scorpios are known to be reliable

One thing members what is a person looking when buying 10 lakhs + car He sees comfort snob value and luxury in that order .This order is reverse in case of Scorpio.

i feel the scorpio is really good on comfort. people do crib about its lack of space but im quite well built & tall n i travel 80 kms in it everyday and also the frequent trips to gujrat and banglore (from mumbai) comfortably. so i dont think its short on comfort.

and the scorpio has earned itself quite a good reputation in the market now. though not as much as the innova... the tremedous sales figures of the scorpio Vlx prove my point. people are actually willing to spend 10 lakhs for this SUV.

also, scorpio is a complete driver's car. for those looking just for snob value, there is the innova. for back seat guys out there looking just for comfort, the safari is the best. the scorpio is for those who loves to drive. its compact dimensions are a boon in the city.

there should be a car for different people with different choices, right? what do u think rssh?

after innova,the scorpio is the next best suv in india at 7-10 lakh price range.....tavera looks from stone age,safari has reliability issues.....and m-hawk engine is far better in refinement even comparable to innova and the features u get so price shouldnt be a problem.....a vfm package

scorpio is a good vehicle overall, but i have seen a lot of sickly twisted scorpios after accidents . car is absolutely unsafe , only abs or airbags dont impart safety, the basic structure has to be crash worthy. crash testing is the way to go for mahindra.

Mos of the Scropio crashes are that the car looses grip and controll when turning in a corner or over riding it .but many say new m hawk suspension is better so I don't know much .Lets make the non m hawk one a MUV so that people don't speed it much around .

Did anyone see te crash in Colaba today ? The last 3 crashes I have seeen are of Civic only .Guys next time please think Civic as a sedan and not a sports car please!