Rajeevraj

How is Maruti able to Load Dzire so much?

Here is a question. I have been really attracted to the DZIRE and may go ahead and buy it. Few questions

1. I am planning for ZXI or ZDI. My running does not warrant a diesal at this point. But still does it make sense to go for the diesal as that is said be one of the best diesal motors around and hence makes the ZDI a better performer than ZXI?

2. I was really amazed with the amount of features in ZXi ZDI versions. Most of the things like ABS, Airbags, Climate control, alloys Integrated stereo etc.. are only there in the top end versions of hiher segment cars like verna, optra, honda city etc... some are not even there even in hign end versions.How is Maruti able to provide such features at this price? Question is: Can quality of things like Airbags and ABS vary? Is there something like cheaper airbags/  ABS systems that maruti can use as opposed to say an ABS in a top end honda.

For things like stereo and alloys i suppose there can be a quality difference

1)if your running does not warrant a diesel then their is no point in spending the extra money even if the Multijet by fiat is very good.

2)Yes their is a possibility of using cheap stuff.. but personally i have not really heard abt any complaints with Swift Zxi so Dzire Zxi shouldn't have any problems

Here is a question. I have been really attracted to the DZIRE and may go ahead and buy it. Few questions

?

1. I am planning for ZXI or ZDI. My running does not warrant a diesal at this point. But still does it make sense to go for the diesal as that is said be one of the best diesal motors around and hence makes the ZDI a better performer than ZXI?

?

2. I was really amazed with the amount of features in ZXi ZDI versions. Most of the?things like ABS' date=' Airbags, Climate control, alloys Integrated stereo etc.. are only there in the top end versions of hiher segment cars like verna, optra, honda city etc... some are not even there even in hign end versions.How is Maruti able to provide such features at this price? Question is: Can quality of things like Airbags and ABS vary? Is there something like cheaper airbags/? ABS systems that maruti can use as opposed to say an ABS in a top end honda.

?

For things like stereo and alloys i suppose there can be a quality difference
[/quote']

1) Having driven the diesel version of the Swift, I can only assure you that even if your mileage does not warrant it, if you were to buy the dsl var, I would not think you crazy. It has oodles of torque, and when the turbo kicks in, it is an adrenalin rush. Decision would be whether to follow the heart or to follow the head.

2) Hi-Tech equipment like airbags and ABS are hardly sourceable from Karol Bagh!! I am sure no manufacturer in India, let alone Maruti is sourcing the same from India (Airbags at least). So you can rest assured about the quality. I am sure the image of Suzuki and Maruti as a manufacturer is more important than the few thousands they would save per car if the option was available anyways.

How are they able to afford it? The introductory price, or cross-subsidy, most likely. Enjoy it while it lasts!!

maruti is ablr to price DZire so much low is because, it is based on the swift hatchback. too many parts are similar. And they have carried out the development activities of DZire, here in india itself. so there was a huge cost saving. But dont worry, about the "indian design." :) the same people, who have participated in the design of swift hatchback has carried out the design for DZire also :)

I dont think, maruti will source cheap parts for airbag and all.. even if they want to, they wont get it.. :) because, if i am not mistaken. they are sourcing most of those parts  from  BOSCH.(for abs, airbag, also for diesel engine.)

go ahead, and book a DZire.. !!!!

maruti is ablr to price DZire so much low is because' date=' it is based on the swift hatchback. too many parts are similar. And they have carried out the development activities of DZire, here in india itself. so there was a huge cost saving. But dont worry, about the "indian design." :) the same people, who have participated in the design of swift hatchback has carried out the design for DZire also :)I dont think, maruti will source cheap parts for airbag and all.. even if they want to, they wont get it.. :) because, if i am not mistaken. they are sourcing most of those parts? from? BOSCH.(for abs, airbag, also for diesel engine.)go ahead, and book a DZire.. !!!!

[/quote']

You seem to be quite in know with the Maruti working!!

True. The commonality of parts with the Hatch would be a big help.

maruti is ablr to price DZire so much low is because' date=' it is based on the swift hatchback. too many parts are similar. And they have carried out the development activities of DZire, here in india itself. so there was a huge cost saving. But dont worry, about the "indian design." :) the same people, who have participated in the design of swift hatchback has carried out the design for DZire also :)I dont think, maruti will source cheap parts for airbag and all.. even if they want to, they wont get it.. :) because, if i am not mistaken. they are sourcing most of those parts  from  BOSCH.(for abs, airbag, also for diesel engine.)go ahead, and book a DZire.. !!!!

[/quote']

You seem to be quite in know with the Maruti working!!

True. The commonality of parts with the Hatch would be a big help.

haha... actually i am working with bosch. :)

with same model even their R&d and designing costs which are major and huge are saved in case with Dzire....even keeping almost identical looks/interiors in all their latest car i think this even helps them reducing much of costs...

very interesting observations. Anyway i visited 2 showrooms in bangalore. The dzires had gone for test drives but they suggested i test drive the swift diesal since the dzire uses the same engine and stuff. Awesome engine and so quiet it is. But i really dint like the notchy gears. felt my zen gear shift was nicer. of course probably because that was a demo car.

Anyways any version you go for it will take atleast 7 months it seems if i book now. one showroom told for the diesal minimum time is 7 months and max can go beyond that. So i decided not to book now. 7 months is too long a wait . another reason was they valued my 2003 zen lxi at 2.2 lakhs including alloys. That seemed way too low an estimate.

Another interesting point was the salesman was pushing up the benefits of the SX4. That is immediately available without any wait. The VXi version of SX4 is cheaper than the ZDi model of Dzire and they were offereing a excahnge bonus of 15000  + a corporate offer of 12000 since i am working in Intel

ya but 7 months is too much....how can any one can wait for this much time for a car.....may be there can be new model of another company itself to beat this car...

People out here in this forum feel free to give advice to wait upto an year for the upgrade version to come out!!AdityaM2008-04-28 04:52:04

2.2lakhs for 03 zen is dumbness sell privately you will get 2.7 atleast.

2.3 is a bit low, I agree, but you got to factor in the fact that the model is now discontinued, and so is the engine series in some time!!

ya but 7 months is too much....how can any one can wait for this much time for a car.....may be there can be new model of another company itself to beat this car...

People out here in this forum feel free to give advice to wait upto an year for the upgrade version to come out!!

I suppose waiting works for some people.I believe for stuff like cars/electronics/computers the moment you decide to buy you should go ahead and buy the one you like best currently available. Waitign for something better will result it another bunch of choices coming up. worst is booking and waiting for 7 months. You lose the freedom to try out the newer options :)

Anyway i decided that my zen is best for now. its really fun to drive and i like the way it looks :) So no dzire/swift/sx4 at this point.

ya but any one whos considering a car and not finding anything close Dzire Zdi and not willing to wait (its ofcourse who will wait)can wait for new models to come in or can consider some current models...

bluesapphire2008-04-28 07:31:21

7 months is a bit of an exaggeration. Its not 7 months everywhere. I have seen so many dzires already on road and personally know people in delhi who have got delivery within a month.

The waiting period is about 2.5 months for vxi, vdi, lxi. ldi. For zdi and zxi, it will be even higher. But i think that, the production at maruti manesar plant will be increased soon, and the waiting period will come down.

I think its pretty common that when a new model launches especially from Maruti people flock to buy it. I remember they had long wait times for Swift as well as SX4 when it was launched. Once the iniital rush subsides and the production ramps up it becomes quite normal. SX4 is ow a days ready for immediate delivery.

@coolcar: Waiting period in Bangalore is 5-7 months for any version. That was the info i got from the 3 dealers i visited. Of course if one had booked within a few days of launch i think waiting would have been much less.

Yeh, there will be an initial rush for any model being launched. But in DZire's case, even maruti wouldn't have anticipated such a warm welcome!!! And about the SX4, it is selling even now, in good numbers, with only a petrol option. Verna,with diesel option is selling less than SX4. Even, the logan, is selling only marginally higher, even though, its a segment lower..!!!!