Rajeevraj

How is Maruti able to Load Dzire so much?

Yup that is true. When i went to look at the diesl dzire. The salesman first convinced me that i do not need a diesal based on my requirement(this anyways i knew myself) then he was gently trying to convince me to go for the SX4 instead of waiting 5-6 months for a dzire. And to be frank the SX4 is an awesome car especially the tuffness of looks :)

for some reason i prefered the older esteem than this............. dezire is just a overgrown swift and so does maruti agrees...... and thats why its swift dezire..... i think instead of dezire either buy a normal swift or SX4 if it fits in the budget

for some reason i prefered the older esteem than this............. dezire is just a overgrown swift and so does maruti agrees...... and thats why its swift dezire..... i think instead of dezire either buy a normal swift or SX4 if it fits in the budget
completely agree with u Adi....the older esteem looked good as it looked royal car but poor build quality n interiors were not acceptable ....

and upgrade on esteem and not on swift would have been better........
absolutely true a major uplift with only basic shape change n rest all new car would be good as for now its really selling well as its Vfm n is from maruti stable.... our comments n suggestions are not going to be heard adi.....

Look at it this way. The Esteem, with the M1000 as the starting point, was around since when 1992?

Any change, unless it ripped out the heart and soul of the vehicle, and replaced it with something abso new, would have given us guys something to crib about - that the buggers in Maruti are flogging a dead horse still.

As for it selling well, are you sure? Anyways, it does not have 7 months waiting lists!!

I think the model was at (or maybe well past) its expiry date, and it was a good call by Maruti, which at last seems to be ready to bite the bullet and get rid of the older models to revamp their lineup.

The sweetest thing in the Esteem was anyways the clutch and gearbox, which lives on in the Swift.

And if you wanted it because of the power to weight ratio, you would have to live with the rattles and squeaks!!

Those who have to crib, will always crib. Esteem was a great car. But dzire is no less. Just because it is an extension of swift, does not mean it can not be a good sedan.

ZDI is a better option as its almost as powerful as the diesel and you want feel that much of a difference as the ZXI itself is not a spirited performer.Even though the mileage you run is low it might make sense if the mileage you cover is 1000kms a month as new age diesels are not that heavy on the pocket and the fuel prices  and the extra kmpl you get on a diesel compared to the petrol will definetly make diesel a cheaper option.

How maruti is able to price the car so cheap and load it with features --

Compare prices of a similar specd Swift to a Dzire the lowest version is 70k costlier and the top specs are 100k costlier so for a boot you are payin so much more money and as far as maruti is considered its the extra cost of sheet metal and some plastics which they have to shell out for manufacturing a dzire.

above is a simple explanation

Maruti can get a better price from suppliers as the suppliers will be able to get economies of scale .Inventory holding cost will again be low as they do not have to store two different inventory for swift and dzire. Capital investment will also be less as many of body parts /chassis are common and so on.