darklord

What was worse at Monaco GP?

Its been a great weekend of racing its been a while since we've seen a race being run for 2 hours (I think the last one was also a rain hit Monaco race which Schumi won).

By the end of the race though I was wondering what was worse in the race - Kimi scoring zero points after starting from the front row; or the fact that he took out Force India first hope of points smiley19.gif. It was a great performance by Sutil to come up to P4, but a mistake from Kimi cost him the points. Being a Kimi fan, it was difficult to decide which of the two outcomes was more disappointing. Hamilton fans would be rejoicing with him leading the championship now. Well things in the championship do get interesting with this result.

Yeah! I feel pity for Force India team they had a great chance and that rascal Kimi should be punished in the next Gp . But the race was fantastic.

I feel sorry for Force India. However, as for the accident I think it is a normal wet track situation and has to be taken in that spirit.

I wonder if the track in any of non-European circuits was like Monaco (narrow, poor pits, etc.) the F1 Czars would ban it out of hand as too dangerous.

I feel sorry for Force India. However' date=' as for the accident I think it is a normal wet track situation and has to be taken in that spirit.I wonder if the track in any of non-European circuits was like Monaco (narrow, poor pits, etc.) the F1 Czars would ban it out of hand as too dangerous.

[/quote']

I am sure Mallaya is heart broken.

It was really a grand performance from the unheralded member of the team.

Monaco is Monaco. You have to overlook the pathetic conditions and safety issues for the glamour it brings in.

Would you like to see the race banned, and maybe held in Bahrain where they have to spray non-alcoholic champagne?!!

Monaco - the principality of the rich and famous. I agree with sgiitk, if it were treated purely on racing and safety its not a great track and probably wont be on the calendar. Barriers are too close for safety and as for racing, unless we have some rain like this year, it rarely provides any chances for overtaking!

And I don't mind the non-alcoholic champagne - one way or the other I don't get to taste it right smiley2.gif. But yes it would have an effect on the sponsors, cash and in turn development. It may not affect big teams like Ferrari, McLaren and BMW, but for smaller teams like Super Aguri, the cash effects would be a hard punch.

Yeah! I feel pity for Force India team they had a great chance and that rascal Kimi should be punished in the next Gp . But the race was fantastic.

Its just a racing incident. Coulthard spun his car at the same spot in a similar manner on Saturday's qualifying session. For Kimi I'm guessing his tires got cold during the safety car period and didn't have enough traction when he hit the brakes.

What a CRACKER of a race!

Yes my heart goes out to Sutil for what happened. The commentator's "EVIL EYE" so to speak jinxed what would have been Force India's first ever finish in the points.. and what a finish it would have been!!

BUT, racing being racing, and MONACO BEING MONACO.. you do expect the unexpected.

I'm sure a lot of us would like to hammer Steve Slater, and not Kimi, because if you see the incident, Sutil was already on opposite lock BEFORE Kimi whacked into him..who knows.. did Sutil break a bit too hard and because of that got buttrammed by Kimi??

Another point, if you look at Kimi's car, I think he did a FANTASTIC job of keeping the car out of the barrier's..maybe not out of Sutil's backside, but then again, we can't have it all now can we?

What the electronic media who are( pardon my French here) are sensational hookers.. always looking for something that they can blow totally out of proportion to make a few more TRP's than their competitor's.

All in all.. a pat on the back for Sutil for driving a totally fantastic race.

A rap on the knuckles to Kimi for being a bad boy.. but crap happens.. this is racing.

Cheers.

What a CRACKER of a race!

Yes my heart goes out to Sutil for what happened. The commentator's "EVIL EYE" so to speak jinxed what would have been Force India's first ever finish in the points.. and what a finish it would have been!!

BUT' date=' racing being racing, and MONACO BEING MONACO.. you do expect the unexpected.

I'm sure a lot of us would like to hammer Steve Slater, and not Kimi, because if you see the incident, Sutil was already on opposite lock BEFORE Kimi whacked into him..who knows.. did Sutil break a bit too hard and because of that got buttrammed by Kimi??

Another point, if you look at Kimi's car, I think he did a FANTASTIC job of keeping the car out of the barrier's..maybe not out of Sutil's backside, but then again, we can't have it all now can we?

What the electronic media who are( pardon my French here) are sensational hookers.. always looking for something that they can blow totally out of proportion to make a few more TRP's than their competitor's.

All in all.. a pat on the back for Sutil for driving a totally fantastic race.

A rap on the knuckles to Kimi for being a bad boy.. but crap happens.. this is racing.

Cheers.

[/quote']

'eloquently' put, but yeah that description pretty much covers everything. Monaco is a 'happening' place when it comes to racing incidents.

On a brighter note, hope Sutil (and Fisichella) repeat the heroics again in the Canadian GP.

That is nice of him.
Normally' date=' these guys are not all that courteous to a small time team!![/quote']

Where do you get this $h!t from I wonder!

EDIT!
I know.. you must work with some television news channel....
Zavo2008-05-27 15:10:46

Just reacting to what Zavo wrote!!
And I don't work with a News Channel yet!!

Well I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief at that fact..

Do let us know when you do.. I think I'll stop watching whatever channel it is you start working for..

Thanks for the vote of confidence' date=' but what brought it on? [/quote']

Well now that you ASKED..

Your narrow minded view of how the formula one world works..Your trying to make it seem like something which it's not.

Aside from a few moron's like Alonso(my favorite flogging horse of the moment in Formula one) the rest are just a happy buch of guys off the track..

So that apology really wasn't a surprise. Kimi know's he cocked up..  'fessed up and apologised about it..

The end...

And it REALLY gets my goat(or should that be DONKEY/ALONSO) when people just blow stuff outa proportion.

And on the topic of Mr. Sutil.. not taking anything away from his driving but I've heard from VERY reliable sources that were at the race weekend, he made a few passes under a yellow flag.. so if he had finished maybe he'd be docked a few places.. ah but then I guess we'll never know...

Cheers.

Well, you are in Motorsports admin, and I am not.

Never been in the paddocks, so I wouldn't know other than what is reported.

And what has been reported - Alonso for sure never, Schumi, mostly never, Coulthard, never, JPM, never, Junior Schumacher, never, and the list can go on.

Not many gentlemen in the sport, at least not in the top rung.

That is what makes Kimis gesture nice, and that is why I still stick by what I earlier wrote!

Say Hi!! to your goat for me.

Monaco always produces the thrills and the spills

remember Montoya a couple of years ago?? in the tunnel was that an accident or what

As for Kimi ploughing into Sutil... well apologies won't get Sutil that kind of race again and it is kind of sad to see that happen..

Hey that's life roll on with it