Sign in to follow this  
zander

Suzuki Hayabusa 2008

There are rumors of Hondas RC-61 which promises to be a technological tour de force on the lines of their NSR-750, also Yamaha is coming with a revamped R-1, 2008 is gonna be one good year for the megalomaniac bike fans.

sure she loks a stunner. But as with all superbikes in India, where are you going to ride this baby? I vote for a Honda CB 400 Hyper Vtec - its neat, easily maoeverable and got more than enough power to get you away from the traffic light first. Most of all, shes a good high way cruiser with a silky smooth engine. I had a GSX 750 and found it almost impossible to ride in Mumbai, though on the highways, shes a dream.

I agree man where would you ride those bikes .. i wouldnt mind a BMW 1200 now that would be fun to ride on the highway and off... i guess i wouldnt crib if i had a 650 either.

its not about where u would ride the bike, cmon india is seeing a rise in super fast highways day by day. as for me if u are in total control of the bike, then you can ride a 200bhp plus sbk in complete traffic, afas it doesnt get over heated n stallssmiley2.gif. sticking to the topic, the new hayabusa is a true let down, in terms of looks. the previous gen bike looked much much better than this, was expecting a better design fom suzuki this time. looks like a cake baked in a hurrysmiley11.gif

Honda CB 400??????????????????? are u guys SERIOUS? youd actually pay money for that?

as far as the new Busa is concerned, I say its gonna kick kwacker @$$.

anybody whos ridden the old Busa will attest to its mind-numbing acceleration and vein-popping mid range. and the new motor is larger and has lighter internals. the Busa has always been a bike which blended massive power and acceptable handling, and the new one has distilled that essence. even on our not so nice indian roads, on any given decent stretch, the busa is a bike which will make you laugh (and cry) like no other.

hey maximus, the busa has a rep man. the ZX14 R may be better, but its the busa that howls my tune. everytime. maybe ill change my mind after i ride a 14R, but for now, its the big bird of prey.

hey, sorry chaps. i made a mistake with the power to weight ratio of the busa. it weighs 220 kilos and has 198bhp or 191bhp(varies from source to source). that means 900bhp per tonne/868bhp per tonne. you have less reason to argue now. smiley4.gif  

LoudPipe - absolutely buddy, the Busa has a rep, but IMHO, a Kwacker has infamy (that somehow appeals more to me!), look at it from the early GPZ days down to the latest ZX10R, and we havent even mentioned a certain Z1 yet!!

I dont know mate, for sheer ear pleasure, a Kwacker strikes all the right notes, for me the rest of the jap big 4 sound almost the same, bees, too much of a cliched drone! As for the ride, am sure the ZX14 out 2009/10 will be the ONE to watch out for! (simply because Suzuki seem to be in 2 minds, should they, shouldnt they!), now if only Honda took the Blackbird back to the drawing board! smiley36.gif