FuelRunGod

What Car For Touring?

Hatch.. None.. coz your back would be FUBARD.

Sedan.. Id say Skoda vRS.. but your pocket would be considerably lighter by the time your done

SUV.. erm.. I wouldnt.

MPV(new category) Id choose the Innova Diesel.

FRG.

You could use the EDIT button..

hahahahhahahahahahhahahah

EDIT.. I just see you did.. hahahhahahhah

This is PRICELESS I say!!
Zavo2007-09-13 16:47:16

my suggestions are-

Everybody would like to go on a drive across trhe country in their dreams in a BMW X5or a Maybach... but honestly reliability and servicability are much much more important than outright driving pleasure...so here  goes..

hatch- indica ( easliy servicable-a must because u have to tour the country, anybody can repair it,if it goes wrong, self repair also possible as it is basically simple and it has been proven in the K2K rally..)

sedan- hm ambassador 1800 ISZ with power steering,A/C( rugged, reliable, proven, servicable, shone in the K2K rally)

muv- no opinions

suv- Toyota Landcruiser.... this bloody thing will never go wrong and is proven everywhere in the world at the hands of the UN, taliban,.. and also parts are available in india via toyota...

hatch-Hyundai Getz 1.3 or Ford Fusion TDCi

sedan-Mitsubishi Cedia

MPV-Innova diesel (theres just no better choice here)

SUV-Mitsubishi Montero

i have chosen cars that are spacious, have good ride quality and strong build quality,plus decent power and handling. these are very practical choices.

For touring I would take the Accord V6' date=' plenty of power and smooth ride,[/quote']

A little late I know but heres a question

Would you have your own private fuel tanker following you as well?

my choice:

HATCH - swift diesel

SEDAN - octavia rs

MUV - No choice but if I have to choose then INNOVA.

SUV - Land cruiser 4ltr V6 petrol anyday for the smoothest and tension free drive if petrol was on the sponsor / wife / inlaws / mafia / friend / office / you add

Hatch - Swift VDi ABS.  I have personally driven the VXi for seven hours at a stretch on twisty mountain roads and wasn't shaken a bit.  Driving was just a breeze coupled with the reassuring suspension.  The added advantage of diesel would take it a step further. 

Sedan - BMW 3series or 5 Series or any BMW sedan your wallet can afford!  Wish I could afford one.  They are really the ultimate driver's cars and certainly are grand tourers. And guys, the Octavia is no real sedan, it is a hatchback! Or if you are Abhishek Bhachan, you could use your Bentley Continental GT. 

MUV - This has to be the diesel Innova.  It just eats miles with ease along with an exemplary ride.   Hats off to Toyota for giving us such a refined car. 

SUV - The sky is the limit here, and it really depends on your pocket.  For the sake of it, I would choose the Land Rover Discovery.

Jitz

Hatch - Swift VDi or ZDi if available  or the Fusion Diesel

Sedans - Middle Variants - SX4 in petrol and Verna in Diesel.

High Variants  - Ofcourse Our CIVIC or the Laura Diesel

Premium - BMW 7 series

MUV  - INNOVA

SUV -  Audi

The Mahindra Bolero anyday. The older ones do not have a tachometer and thats a very bad thing that M&M have done. A five lakh plus SUV minus a tachometer!! The new one Im yet to see or drive- do not know whether it has one. The older dashboards were also of very cheap pseudo matt finished plastic. But in overall practicality and driveability it scores over many other SUV's as it is simple and rugged with a practical touch. You can go to Sikkim. There are no Ambassadors or Qualises or Innovas. The Sikkim Govt moves on Boleros-all its ministers and top bureaucrats. The Himalayan roads are so treacherous and the cloudy and rainy  weather take their toll. But the Boleros stand out on the mountainous roads. I have driven long distances on Boleros and find them the best!! M&M must make it more appeaing by adding more luxury features.

Hatch - I like my Getz ( I dont like Swift personally )... i also used to love my old Zen...

Sedan - I like Baleno, Accent, Lancer, Esteem and now Verna

Premium - Defnetly Civic... I also dont like City

MUV - Defnetly Innova and NO NO to any Mahindras

SUV - nothing like the CRV... 

hatch- swift vdi

sedan- i feel my baleno. good comfort and suppotive     seats. ggod visibility all round. very good highway milege (i got 20kmpl max, with a/c. average is 18 on highway)

MUV- innova, for sure

SUV- new montero

I may be a bit prejudiced, but...

Hatchback: Alto (I'm partialsmiley4.gif); best in class mileage, very few problems, but no space and legroom.

Sedan: Octavia or Optra

MUV: Definitely the Toyota Innova

SUV: Pajero or Prado (if you can satiate their thirst, that is!)