praveen.selvam

TVS Taurus Fiero F3

I dont know how or why people keep on diggin up this long dead piece of non-news ever few months or so...

First of all, that "thing" was never called the Fiero F3. It was the Taurus concept, which TVS displayed at Auto Expo 04. A blatant rip off of the Sachs B 805, down to the paint schemes, this concept, like all the others TVS have displayed over the years, was to remain just that. A concept.

The Fiero name is dead and buried. The Taurus concept has lost its novelty. TVS will surely bring the artillery for Auto expo 08. but it sure as hell wont include this thing.

Concepts..??

For me concepts are like Katrina Kaifs photo on an orkut/matrimonial website profile.. the real female actually would be someone else.

If its not meant for the roads..  then I am not interested.

its quite startling to see the lack of foresight amongst the younger gen bikers (??), of course, todays concepts can never become tomorrows reality now can it!   *cough* BKing *cough* 

How about starting a thread on the benefits of concepts in terms of generating some publicity, excitement, "show off strength (designing/R&D), and of course, most importantly showcasing it to check feedback on feasibility of making it a reality! Oh well! Ignorance is bliss I guess!

Diesel - Lucky you!!! That isotoproton thingy  looks juicy dont it!! nice pics :-)  next time take hawk along too!

Saw these two from TVS in the 06 Auto Expo.

P.S - Self Camera' date=' no great photographersmiley9.gif

0055it2.jpg

0066nx6.jpg
[/quote']

Not that I want to question your authenticity! But I think those pics were clicked by someone else....If you google around these pics are there on many forums/newpapers etc...and were clicked by some pro photographer!!!

Saw these two from TVS in the 06 Auto Expo.

P.S - Self Camera, no great photographersmiley9.gif

0055it2.jpg

0066nx6.jpg
[/quote']

Not that I want to question your authenticity! But I think those pics were clicked by someone else....If you google around these pics are there on many forums/newpapers etc...and were clicked by some pro photographer!!!

I think those are authentic.. i.e clicked by DIESEL

I have also seen other photos of these concepts found easily on the net. But the lighting of these photos seems different than the others..

TVS does great stuff with concepts! But they hardly ever make their way to our roads!

Lets see what TVS has in store for us in AE08!!![/quote']

Such moves raise expectations, restores faith among loyal customers and keeps the stock prices from plummenting down... 

Max: Agreed, concepts have a purpose to serve, and that is, showcase future trends in design and technology. But THESE TVS prototypes are what we call, "parts bin specials". They are nothing more than assorted elements sourced from the far east put together to form a (non-runner ?) prototype. It says nothing about the company as a bike maker.

That being said, in all probabilities, TVS has shed this attitude. Expect them to put up an impressive display at Auto Expo 08.

Max: Agreed' date=' concepts have a purpose to serve, and that is, showcase future trends in design and technology. But THESE TVS prototypes are what we call, "parts bin specials". They are nothing more than assorted elements sourced from the far east put together to form a (non-runner ?) prototype. It says nothing about the company as a bike maker.

That being said, in all probabilities, TVS has shed this attitude. Expect them to put up an impressive display at Auto Expo 08.
[/quote']

You said it.

After all, "Proof of the pie is in the Eating"

On second thought..  dosent these concepts might give away its future design elements to the competitors..??

For Example the tank mounted turn indicators seen on the Taurus of the other TVS concepts has finally materialized on the Flame..  in this way competitors might as well get a sniff of future things to come.

I think its much better to surprise everyone with soon to be launched production models. Like what Bajaj did with the Pulsar 220 at the auto expo 2008. Agreed it has been a long wait since but it has been worth the wait.

Payeng: Every marque out there has moles inside their competitors.. its a well known fact. Trust me' date=' TVS doesnt have to wait till Auto expo to know whats cooking in the Bajaj kettle, and vice versa... smiley2.gif [/quote']

Whatever Bajaj or TVS wants to display in Auto Expo 2008, it better be production ready/soon to be launched models...   Coz I am entering in my 30s by 2008..!! smiley1.gif

Nothing is secretive as far as the products are concerned. Every Company knows clearly what has a possibility for India and what doesnt. What each Company suffers is the speed to compensate the competitors features at the time when the competitive product is released. For example, at the Auto Expo, the P220 would not have been a surprise to the others. The features included in the P220 is nothing new to the global biking industry. What is new is the introduction of these in Indian bikes. By the time the other companies did some R&D and stabilized on the product, P220 wouldve already been launched. In this case, what Bajaj gained was the R&D period wherein they decided there was a possibility for a split seat, rear discs, DTSfi, etc. and this was the perfect time for itself. So if the other Companies dont go ahead with those, they have their own reasons too.

Think of other possibilities. Comet didnt click much as a commercial bike. Same could have happened to P220 too. There is no hardcore rule that says P220 must click. Also, other Companies may not have a highly stable model like the Pulsar who design has been a revolution. Its taken so many versions, but still stays in the market. A new deign means more expense for other Companies, which also involves a certain amount of risk. Design is something that cannot be judged. The result is known only during the launch. Bajaj played safe in this case. Also, each bike a Company launches is an upgrade from its previous versions. There are very few exceptions.

So, every Company knows what the other Company is aiming at. The ultimate motto being business, each Company decides to market what is best for itself at the moment.

If only you can come to my house (1st/ B-37, Lajpat Nagar, new Delhi -24), I could have have shown you the negatives.

Rest assured, you might find similar photos on google, but not THESE.

BTW, does it mean my photography is good?smiley2.gif

I do not recall mentioning TVS or the bikes shown in my earlier  post. I was merely referring to "CONCEPTS" and the crude mindset that afflicts young wannabes that if its not for the road - theyre not interested. I had actually typed out a longer reply earlier but on clicking the post reply button it gave me an error, am not going to type it all out again because I fear it will be a wasted cause anyway, BUT -

In hindsight - may the number of ignorants multiply, may concepts be dealt with disinterest if not meant for the road, all the more better for someone like me who knows what the concept of a concept is all about! smiley36.gif 

ps - I have still not mentioned TVS or the 2 machines shown...or whatever anyone thinks they would rather be called, if not a concept or prototype, not that it matters because that never formed the basis  for my post in the first place!

As for the pics - I would like to say here that I know the member personally and there is NO doubting his credibility, he is someone who can  be trusted implicitly!

yes Diesel that does mean the pics were good, as a matterof fact, get a DSLR!!! smiley36.gif

..at the Auto Expo, the P220 would not have been a surprise to the others.[/quote'] 

Well it certainly was a surprise to me smiley1.gif 

By the time the other companies did some R&D and stabilized on the product' date=' P220 wouldve already been launched. [/quote']

I am very happy that it has been launched..  I guess so are you. smiley1.gif

Think of other possibilities. Comet didnt click much as a commercial bike. Same could have happened to P220 too. There is no hardcore rule that says P220 must click. [/quote']

There is a long list of over 2000 people in Bangalore who are in queue waiting just to book the bike...   I think the P220 has clicked for Bajaj.

BTW Praveen, Ill soon join you for a road trip on our P220s..!! smiley1.gif

Thanks Praful, have lots of pics from 04 & 06 Expo, thought of starting a thread, but then all have seen the bikes and cars already, so it would have been a wastage of virtual space. So didnt post it.

BTW, the 04 Expo was better at least in terms of variety.