sampie

Parking sensors, reverse camera

Need opinion on what type of parking sensors are available in the market & which one should be installed for the NHC. Also if it is advisable to get them installed by the service centre or getting it done thru the accessories guys would be fine - any indications on the prices and places of availability in Hyd are welcome.

Thanks

Well the types vary in styling like some have red light circles around the sensor and when brakes they lit ,this is a good feature one .Now many people like the rear bumper camera which is getting popular.

Hi!

I have recently bought a Maruti SX4, I have been facing some problems while parking it in the reverese (can't see any much while reversing the car. Someone has suggested me to get the reverse sensor installed. I saw the same installed in the test drive vehicle.

All I want to know is:

1) Is it really useful? (I had seen the sensor without the camera which shows the distance on the rear view mirror.)

2) Which one to get installed? (with or without the camera?)

3) Where to get it installed? (I guess there is a genuine maruti accessory available)

4) What is the estimate cost of the same ?

it's basically ur choice whether you want camera or not

without the camera there will be only beeps if something but no video

with camera you have double benefits of the beeps and the camera which ca show the back part of the road

With lots of discussion about my fisr car finally I decided to go with    Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire VXI with white color.smiley1.gif

Had lots of discussion about diesel or petrol but finally decided to go for petrol.

Now I have booked the car and will get it at the end of the month; I think it

Guys,

Today when I was reversing the car in a parking area, I couldn't see a small child ( around 2 years ) standing just behind the car. Luckly somebody alarmed me and the little one was not hit. Thank GOD 

I feel the requiement of an  accessory which will give a  clear view of  the rear side of the car ( to get a view at a lower angle ).  Can anyone suggest a solution?

My car is i10 Asta

krish

You have 3 choices

1. Fix a mirror as we see in big SUVs like this

2. Fix the reverse buzzer that shouts if it finds objects in its way

3. Fix a rear camera and connect to a screen in your dash

Choose the one based on your budget.

creativebala2011-02-17 09:10:02

@krish: i too ordered one for my polo costing 3700/- its option 2(beep type), the only available VW accessories option. 4 sensors with acousting warning system. ***EDIT*** Can somebody throw some light on FRESNEL LENS and its usfulness/ what it is actually and how much it costs?ashikawa2011-02-17 11:06:03

In my views,option 2 is okay,even I have installed the beep type parking sensors on my Innova and i10.It works brilliantly and since I reverse using side-view mirrors so it makes me pay some more attention whenever it warns me.Cost of parking sensors varies from 1500 for those low quality Chinese ones to nearly 4-6000 for something worth paying for.

Buzzer type Reverse Guidance System are the best ones amongst the all available in the market today, as they;

-Require Minimal Installation Cut & Fix job.

-Cheaper & Reliable.

-No effect of Dust/Dirt on the its Sensors, whereas Cam working is affected by Dust/Dirt, etc 

Go for the second option.  It is simply a good simple innovation to make reverse parking easy at a very reasonable price.  My Xylo E8 came with this feature factory fitted.  It has got 3 sensors on the back and works very well.  The transparent digital display indicates the distance (in units starting from 100 to 1 in descending order) with color coded directional points.  The color changes from green to yellow to red with suitable low to medium to big audio beeps.  It alerts you to stop if the distance is really close.  Even after that you can still move a bit and still leave ample space for a person to move around the car on the backside.  This feature is one of the best features in my Xylo and I sorely miss it in my old Esteem. 

As said by dr_nishu, dust is the biggest enemy for cameras and this alone should make you avoid the third option.  And, for the first option of fitting a mirror on the rear, forget it.  It looks very odd on a small car.  And, is very inviting for kids (and even for others) to tinker with it when parked outside.

Such fittings looks good on huge/big SUVs.  So, avoid it in your car.

@dr.nishu

In addition to this buzzer, how the negetive fresnel lens is?

@rameshbabu.n

I am not talking about mirrors put on SUV's. What i am saying is a contact lens kind of film, put on the rear windshield from inside to get a better rear view while reversing.ashikawa2011-02-19 02:53:37

@ashikawa;

Its also meant for same purpose but same Dust & Dirt complication will persist again for NFL. Since your car(Polo) is going to Serve you without Rear Wash-Wipe feature. So, its not fruitful to think about that. 

No one can match the All-time working efficiency of EM Waves based Beep type RGS. 

@ashikawa;

Its also meant for same purpose but same Dust & Dirt complication will persist again for NFL. Since your car(Polo) is going to Serve you without Rear Wash-Wipe feature. So' date=' its not fruitful to think about that. 

No one can match the All-time working efficiency of EM Waves based Beep type RGS. 
[/quote'] Agree. Keeping in view dusty enviroment in india, NFL and camera will definately get affected. In addition you can not expect them to work during dark, that time only infrared or electromegnatic sensors will help.

smiley3.gif i got my reverse camera for Rs.750 + 100 bucks fitting charge. It works perfectly fine at night time also. Since i already had an Touch screen HUD, I connected the camera into it.

my first post in the gadgets section.

want to help my best friend , who is currently looking for a diesel sedan , and his confused about issue of parking cams/sensors , whether after market ones can be relied upon/ how much do they last/ which is the best one etc....and sadly i have no idea which manufacturer or product to suggest.

its even more important, as he is veering towards a car just because it has a parking sensor, so u can understand he really has difficulty in parking cars.

i accompanied my  best friend today for back to back test drives of vento highline tdi and verna sx crdi 1.6.

He was in love with the vento all along,

But there came was a twist.

as expected, my friend was completely enamored by the vento, right from the cabin space,to the rear ac duct, explosive acceleration and handling. add to that, he didn't mind the growl from the monster and the vibrations on the clutch !

it was all fun, till we returned back to the facility, and he had to park the car. and all his excitement drained as the lad craned his neck out to park, with inputs from me at the back.He said , he absolutely loved the car, save for the parking affair, and didn't mind the 3-4 months waiting period too.

next up, was Verna, and the first thing on his mind while getting into the test drive vehicle, was the PARKING CAMERA,

understandably, he is a gadget freak , and within a minute or two of getting used to the cam, he had this satisfied,drool look on his face, and the rest of the short test drive, he didn't really notice how the vento differed from the Verna, and despite my REPEATED assurances that we can get equally good or better reverse cameras and sensors for the vento, he doesn't want to believe a market fitted camera, no matter how costly can be as good as a factory fitted camera.

can anyone really suggest top of the line parking cameras and sensors for the vento. ???? he has difficulty in parking otherwise too, even in his old zen. which otherwise has great rear view visibility, and i get a feeling he is just veering towards Verna on the basis of the parking cam, even though he admits the vento suiting his needs otherwise.

Can anyone suggest a top of the line parking cam and sensors, which give a massive view of the rear ?

i have no clue on rear parking sensors , let alone cams, and it would be nice if someone who is actually using one, can tell me about his/her experience.

THANKS.......

@Mclaren:

I'd advise you people to get parking sensors for the sedan car as reversing camera has its full use in SUVs,while in sedans its better as well as cheaper too to use parking sensors.I have the same in my Laura and generally use ORVMs+Sensors and the result is always simply perfect.

I have neither used sensors or camera's till date. I think any sedan needs one, especially, in India where we get to park is any nook and cranny available. I don't mind getting out of the car and get an idea of the space available. Now most cars, as mentioned by sgiitk, have a high waistline and low clearance and that compounds matters. Here is one example of where Hyundai is bought based purely on features at hand rather 'wishy washy' ride it comes with.

Durango Dude2011-06-23 04:39:55

I am waiting for the warranty period of my ANHC to expire so that I can go ahead with the aftermarket fitting. Going for the Reverse sensors from Honda is going to burn a deep hole in my pocket. Reverse sensors are nowadays a necessity in cars, due to rising traffic, parking spaces, high waistline of cars, and already-high-tension-state of mind of the people.