hsb_sx4

sx4- 1 year report

hi friends! i bought my sx4-vxi on 5th july'07 and here is my experience with the car -

my initial experience was not so great as the car i got was from some false lot with poor clutch and pressure plates and hence the car used to rattle a lot at low speeds. but thanks to good folks at maruti who, after a few complaints, changed the false parts(for free under warranty) and the car is working fine thereafter. the overall mileage i get is around 12-13 km/ltr. here are the pros and cons of car:

PROS-

1. great looks

2. excellent dynamics and high speed stability

3. very comfy front seats

4. huge ground clearance

5. large boot space

6. good service backup

7. forward visibility is very good due to high stance of car.

CONS-

1. space at rear is not so great

2. rear visibility is poor because of high boot and thick C pillars

3. a few NVH issues

4. door handles and ORVMs dont feel durable enough.

Overall it has been a very good experience with the car. if you are planning to buy one, then just go for it. hope you find the review useful.

very useful indeed, for wannabe sx4 buyers.

manufacturing defects should be brought down to 0%.

but as usual good work by maruti to satisfy consumer in the end.

Well the rear space is too less for me atleast my head touches the roof .I am better in zen rear than SX4 I think its a design flaw or something .Also it look cramped and you feel suffocated (I am 6'1'').

Well I think if they get the 1.3lt ddis it won't be worth it as  the car is heavy and only 90bhp for far more lower torque .They can bring the 1.6lt ddis with 100bhp so torque is upto mark .I think that Fiat is not permitting to give that now due to Liena lauch with it.

There are no plans for a diesel SX4 yet. Maruti has no extra engine capacity in its diesel engine plant. So whatever is made is going into the Swift and Dzire diesels.

the city mileage is 10 - 11 km/ltr and at highways, i get around 13-14 while driving at speed of 100 at max. maybe the good mileage figures are result of 195 section tyres instead of 205 of zxi.

considering the levels of grip and stability at high speeds, i am completely satisfied with the car. there isn't any bodyroll and the tyres have great grip. but at high speeds, the engine gets a bit noisy and vibrations creep inside the cabin. also those large wing mirrors, that do their job faboulously, create a lot of wind noise. the suspension is stiff but the ride quality is good and improves with speed.

the city mileage is 10 - 11 km/ltr and at highways' date=' i get around 14 while driving at speed of 100 at max with ac working all the time. maybe the good mileage figures are result of 195 section tyres instead of 205 of zxi.[/quote']

well i dont think sx4 is coming in diesel anytime soon...even the grand vitara which most needs a diesel its been denied to it so its obvious that sx4 is nt coming soon in diesel...i am impressed by d fact that sx4 is averaging 12-13....for me it has sorted out d only reservation i had against sx4...a worthy option to honda city  !!!!