hsb_sx4

sx4- 1 year report

Hi 

hsb_sx4. Nice review. Do you get any rattles on your car like on most Marutis?

How are the  brakes, does it fade on long journeys?

Give a rating for your car based on your overall experience on a 10star sale.

@Raj: The low speed ride is a bit stiff but not harsh. The ZDI has a more harsh ride because of its 16" wheels and low profile tyres.

@Crazycat: Thanks buddy. I haven't yet faced any kind of rattles in my SX4. This can partly be because I dont drive rashly. The brakes are excellent and even without ABS they work great. On a scale of 10 star, I would give 9. The 1 mark it looses is just because of the NVH levels at high speeds.

@Harryccc: The gearbox is short and precise. The gears are a bit hard to use but the throws are short. Sometimes the reverse gear is difficult to engage but that's a problem with even my Wagon R. What I do is that I engage the reverse gear when the car is in a very slight momentum. Otherwise, its good enough.

@Raj: The low speed ride is a bit stiff but not harsh. The ZDI has a more harsh ride because of its 16" wheels and low profile tyres.

@Crazycat: Thanks buddy. I haven't yet faced any kind of rattles in my SX4. This can partly be because I dont drive rashly. The brakes are excellent and even without ABS they work great. On a scale of 10 star' date=' I would give 9. The 1 mark it looses is just because of the NVH levels at high speeds.

@Harryccc: The gearbox is short and precise. The gears are a bit hard to use but the throws are short. Sometimes the reverse gear is difficult to engage but that's a problem with even my Wagon R. What I do is that I engage the reverse gear when the car is in a very slight momentum. Otherwise, its good enough.[/quote']

thank you hsb_sx4... engaging the reverse gear when the car is in momentum is not a recommended practise which will affect the life of the gear box.

Yes you are right Harry but a very slight momentum does not make any harm. Just like, to engage gear in a stationary bike is sometimes difficult and you have to move it a bit to engage the gear.

I do exactly the same wit my car. I engage the 1st gear and slightly depress the clutch so that the car does not remain stationary. Then, engaging the reverse is very easy. But one must be careful that the car moves very slightly and the accelerator should not be pressed even a bit.

Yes ABS would be a good option as in swift VXI it costs just 20k more and that's a small price considering safety. However, I have never felt the need for ABS in my car and the tyres have never locked up.

hi hsb sx4 the mileage u mntioned is just abt 10-11 kmpl in city.any improvements in it now.i was comparing the sx with the honda city and deciding to buy one-so which is better in terms of mileage,comfort and handling