Sign in to follow this  
adi1991

Delhi-Nepal (long back trip)

The only other vehicle other than that sleeping maruti van and ours was a mahindra scorpio. We planned that we will get the vehicle on the divider and cross to the other side (which was totally empty). Good plan, but how to get the car on the divider. we first started breaking the plants on the divider to make the way clear to cross to the other side. Seeing this the scorpio guys also came to help. We used these branches to make a slope type thing, but that was to spongy. I then saw a big piece of cement (piece of divider coming off). it was probably a cut for people to cross (to small for a car) and thus that peice was not properly attached to the divider. I got the wheel spanner from the car and broke that. The scorpio driver found another one like this and got that too. So putting sand branches grass and cement blocks we made a slope. 

I was the first one to move, with scorpio guys and my dad watching anxiously if I will make it. Try one, the car gets on one cement block but the other one slips and the first try failed. Luckily the cement piece jumped and it fell away from the car or it could have done some serious damage. In this try a lot of burning rubber smoke was made.

Try two, the piece is in place. I press on the accelerator and move. The car got on both the blocks and on the divider. Ok now all the four tyres were on the divider (real big divider isn't it). Now to get the car down on the other side. I slowly move forward with my hand on the hand brake. slowly moving, slowly moving, The car moves down, front tyres are down (the car didn't hit from under good ground clearence) slowly the back one are down too. The car is back on road (just on the opposite one). The scorpio guy follows, he has a little problem, more than mine but his big tyres help and he makes it too.

We pass around some 3km of traffic, finally we saw what was the cause for it, it was no river bath or anything but a accident. Some tractor trolley had over turned. I wonder why wouldn't anyone move it. We cross that and found a cut back inside our lane few kms ahead.

After we pass on the whole delhi, looked better at night. We were to stop over at our patel nagar residence, but then thought lets add another state to our journey and crossed into Haryana into gurgaon. We came to our house. I got down and opened the gate lock. Got accent inside. Saw octavia and then Pajero standing behind. Smiled at all and went inside.

That night in bed I thought, What would have been better for this trip, a 11Kpl Pajero SUV? or a 17Kpl Accent CRDi? I got my answer and the reason why I was made to choose accent over Pajero. And slept off.

definitely smiley1.gif

So what were the learnings Adi' date=' other than to ensure one is carrying enough money with him smiley2.gif Also to carry a first-aid kit is a must.
[/quote']

learning........ well not to turn back ever if you want a trip of a life time.smiley2.gif

u thought this coz u were not having enough money..otherwise choice is obvious pajero or octavia for long highway trips...and the reason we buy expensive cars is this only and cheap car even having money thats for city use...but then u chose accent and u forgot money so that was good and saying is like that only "Jo Hota He Acche Ke liye hi Hota He"

u thought this coz u were not having enough money..otherwise choice is obvious pajero or octavia for long highway trips...and the reason we buy expensive cars is this only and cheap car even having money thats for city use...but then u chose accent and u forgot money so that was good and saying is like that only "Jo Hota He Acche Ke liye hi Hota He"

ahhhh........ yes!

I am not saying take a accent and not a pajero to your next highway trip. Pajero remains the best. But you got my point "Jo Hota He Acche Ke liye hi Hota He"

adi19912008-07-03 10:08:42

I agree. Provided an option, Pajero anyday is a better choice over Accent for long distances. Also the kind of terrain who drove in, SUV scores way above than cars.