speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Don't go for X2. It is the older Windows mobile 6. Not upgradable to 7. I9003 is a good phone at 18k, however better to spend 2k extra and go for I9000 Galaxy S. Amoled and Samsung is more focussed on rolling out its updates!

Bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500. It's nice and screen is awesome and works seamlessly with my BSNL 3G SIM. It cost me Rs.33500. Meant to be a gift for my son who got selected to TCS via campus. But the whole family is vying with each other for it.

20110915_112722_150920111131.jpg

20110915_112745_150920111132.jpg

20110915_112805_150920111133.jpgDurango Dude2011-09-15 11:28:18

@DD' date=' iPad1 with 3G can be bought for 23k & iPad2 3G for 32k(both 16GB).

?

Anybody having experience with Motorola Defy & Dell Streak?
[/quote'] It was my son's decision, I also seconded him. May be Apple will be the choice for my next phone. Does the SIM have to be cut to be inserted into the iPad slot?

Can we make calls from/to the tab? Does the Skype app support video calls? The handsfree comes standard with the tab, must say it is one of the best headsets to listen to music, all the old songs sound as though I have been given a new pair of ears, that good.

Yes the Galaxy i9003 is good for 16k . It is the best smartphone in which all the features can be used to the maximum. Its is a best allrounder and I think the reduce price from 19k earlier this months makes it a good buy .

Also the Moto Defy and Dell streak though may look good with a good VFM attached to them but they suffer from louzy lags and poor OS and app interface despite being androids.

I9003 is a good mobile, but the problem is that it is not getting a Gingerbread update.

A better mobile phone would be Xperia Neo V, costing around 17k, comes with Gingerbread, SE has already made its intentions clear of getting Android 4.0 update for its device range.

Xperia Neo and Ray are real good. Ray has higher resolution camera and Neo has larger screen.

Moto Defy is not a recommended buy. You will be stuck in the same Android version which will feel very outdated compared to the excellent UI we are seeing right now in Sony and HTC.

2.2 is already 2 generations old. After 2.2 we have had 2.3 and just now 4.0. Both are huge upgrades over 2.2.

Blackberry Playbook has received real good reviews. But it would be better to spend 3k extra and go for iPad2, bigger screen, better OS.

Congrats Nishu' date=' damages & does it support in-camera battery charging??

[/quote']

Thanks BF.

Yes its having In-Cam battery charging facility & can be done both by Dedicated charger or by PC-USB Port.

Features HD Video recording also.

Hi guys, seeing you all after long time...

I need your help guys, am in search of a good & practical tablet, i am confused between ipad2 & Galaxy tab10.1, overall i find Samsung better as its more practical like it can be connected to USB drive via adapter, can read MS Office files, file transfer via cable or bluetooth-both are easy while ipad does not support bluetoooth transfer & cable transfer has to be only via itunes.

Can any one tell me, when specs wise Samsung is better, why everyone still reviews Apple ipad as best tab???

1.)

Also, whats the difference between Samsung tab 10.1v & 10.1, the 10.1v comes with 8mp & different looks, but which is latest.

2.)

Also,i will be visiting USA soon, & there is good price offer in USA, so from where should i buy, does the 3g US model has normal Sim card slot compatible in India or ipad like micro-sim slot. Also, 3g will be available only with contract, so how to deal with it as i will have to break it anyhow after reaching India.

3.)

Also, does both the tabs come with non-replaceable battery or is it a different case

The answer to these questions will be very useful for me so please help me to solve my queries ASAP.