speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Nope, my 450D does  not have that, but from 550D onwards it is there. Nikon has one too but the name is different. But CA mode has got different features in different cameras. The latest model should have more options in CA mode than its older version.

EDIT

Nikon has "Scene auto select" and "Assist image" in all cameras. This is similar to CA mode. Nikon D5100 has "Special effect" mode in addition.

sb-alto2011-11-18 05:17:33

Hi bornfree. NIKON D3100 is the best. I have it.

Here some pics for you. 

Very nice snaps, Aerospeed. Did you use a tripod ?. BTW out of all the cameras shortlisted by BornFree, there are better(technically) models than D3100. If he can push for D5100, it will be worth it. What say ?

Sb-Alto@ Thank you. I never snapped those pics, and my sister only interested in photographs, only I helped to choose her a right brand. Being as an amateur, i think D3100 works better in role, and D5100 is suitable for professionals and i think so.

Great snaps by your sister.

Even I support Nikon to Canon, when it comes to camera performance down the segment. Actually even D5100 is not a professional camera. It is a mid range amateur camera. D5100 is more feature rich and has special effects mode, which BornFree is actually looking for.

Finally its time to buy a new mobile for myself . Its has to be an Android and budget is 18k + - 1k smiley2.gif.

Contenders

1.Moto Defy Plus

2. Lg optimus black

3. Lg optimus 2x

4. Samsung phones

I am looking to keep the phone for atleast 4 years so I need android 4.0 upgradibility ,sturdy build ,atleat 1500mAh battery .

I am thoroughly confused on which phone to buy ,my hand is big thus I need 4 inchh screen . Samsung has got me confused because they have too many phones in this price range but I want one with AMoled screen also I didn't like the UI of samsung . I prefer HTC but it has no phone in this range . Some one help me out !smiley5.gif

Has the S.E. Arc come to 20k ? What about the Arc S? I remember the SGS 2 and SE Arc came at the same time and were closely priced at a delta of only 2500 bucks. But look whats the scenario now. SGS 2 is still 27ish and SE Arc is 20ish.

Why didnt SE guys give a front cam in Arc ? Thats what made a huge difference.

Bought the Dell Venue Pro. Have used iOS and have used Android but I must say Windows is the cleanest user interface I've personally ever seen. Loving it till now. The app world is obviously very limited but its growing. Loving how it has the slide out qwerty keypad and the AMOLED 4.1inch screen. Got it for 20.5K off flipkart.com.

@rssh

SE has officially announced that its Xperia range  Arc S, Arc, Play, Neo, Ray, Mini(new), mini pro(new) will be getting 4.0 in March. Neo is around 16.5-17k on Snapdeal. The screen is 3.7 inch.

The 4.0 inch screen Xperia Play is available for 21k and 4.3 inch Xperia Arc for 23k.

There is no surity of when and whether Samsung will update its Galaxy range to ICS except for Note and S2. Good Sammys around though are S Plus and Galaxy R. Dont go for SLCD. Its Gingerbread release was a huge fiasco and got several delays.

However do go into a Nokia showroom and try out Nokia 710. It is a great powerful phone, excellent UI, better battery management than Android and you can be assured of upgrades till your phone meets the minimum specifications.

Don't be fooled by dual core claims.

Doubliing of cores increases speed by 50% over same ingle core. i.e. 1 GHz dual core is eqivalent to 1.5 GHz single core. Also as most apps currently available are yet to use dual core you dont get much benefit, except a responsive UI, which even after this lahs behind iOS and WP7.5 devices.

I promised myself no Nokia from now on ,even if the Windows Os is good enough . Sony hasn't got many good ownership reviews on the forums also the Lg black and 2X will get 4.0 in december this month

Now I am inclined towards the optimus black 970 because of the awesome screen and lightness of the phone also @17.5k its a steal isn't it .

BF, yes thats what made a big big difference in the sales of Arc and SGS-II. Because I feel SGS-II is too blunt shaped for 30k bucks and Arc is too attractive. But still Arc fails to attract buyers.

-- Lack of front cam.

-- Super AMOLED Plus display in SGS-II is eye-poppingly awesome.

Now I have shortlisted the lg optimus black 970 and moto defy + . The screen in LG is really very attractive than Moto . Is a scratch guard necessary for a Gorilla glass phone ??

Raul, well Screen size is a bigger priority for me but Ray's looks are better.

Drift, I had shortlisted Arc for my next purchase. Now its out.

Btw camera gurus, how's Canon SX200HS ?

@BornFree

Did you mean SX200 IS ? or SX 220HS ?

Sx200IS is discontinued long back. 220HS is a good one but why down to this ? BTW in the price bracket of 15-17k there are better options.

@DD

Nice capture. A bit more light would have made it a pro shot. Hyatt Regency reminded me of my old address. I used to stay very close to Hyatt Regency Kolkata. Nice Hotel and awesome cuisine.

sb-alto2011-12-20 15:02:59