speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

currently I am using Nokia Lumia 720 since a year with developer update 8.1 running on it.

and laptop is MacBook Air 11 inch with Haswell processor 2013 model.

You could also check the I phone 4s and the HTC one Mini. Both are great on it's own

Already having iPhone 4s, given it to my sis.

Have been to Croma outlet today & checked out few handsets like Sony Xperia T2 ultra, htc desire 816, Nokia XL, Nokia 1020 phablet phone & Samsung Note 3 neo also.

No one appealed & convinced to be bought. Samsung colors seems to be too much saturated, specially in Note 3 Neo.

Note 3 is better.

Our Daughter (in law) got a purple SONY XPERIA M.

That leaves only my wife and our second son to buy new devices.

They are hunting now.

Woah! Some serious buyings going on! hehe

Fathers Day round the corner :

Weighing in Sony Z2 with HTC M8

50K budget

Sony Z2 - Awesome performance, graphics, Good display, Camera and Video quality are great too.

HTC M8 - Looks, Display, Good camera, 3G calling video quality is awesome, performance.

From this two the M8 is easier to hold and with that rocky metal body is the best for your Father.

Yes , HTC is it.

Even with its not so good camera.

However , no retailer near me is willing to open the box and show the phone in flesh, everywhere i visited in South Delhi they says first buy it and then we will open the box to show you the same.

Also checked with HTC , they say they dont have a HTC exclusive brand shop in my area, they say they only sell through multi brand retailers . Croma, Vijay , Sangeetha , Mobile Store etc

Also the prices that i am getting online are way cheaper than these retail stores.

Grey colour in HTC M8 is available everywhere i went , no one had either the silver or the gold one

Will have to buy it online and ask them to ship it to Amritsar

PS :

Just learnt about Flipkarts service that promises next day delivery to buyers who shop frequently for a charge of rs 500, something on the line of AMAZON PRIME , some lucky users have been offered the same free for three months.

Just learnt about Flipkarts service that promises next day delivery to buyers who shop frequently for a charge of rs 500, something on the line of AMAZON PRIME , some lucky users have been offered the same free for three months.

500? I bought a Pen Drive some days ago they charged me 50 for One day delivery. In Ahmedabad !

The EMI on the two Samsung phones that I bought last years have ended .

1-S4

2-Tab 2

I am now looking for another phone with a slightly bigger screen from the S4 but certainly not as big as the Tab.

Though on a limited budget this time , 20K

Prefered brand Samung as Service centre close by.

Looking for a good Laptop.

I'm all enthusiatic in Gaming, Softwares and all this. So need to be a heavy system.

Budget - 50K

Usage - Internet, Gaming, Work.

Prime requirements - Graphics, 8GB Ram, Good Processor, 1TB HD, Decent Webcam.

Softcornered Brands - Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Del..(Can consider others)

Suggestions are appreciated!

Looking for a good Laptop.

Softcornered Brands - Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Del..(Can consider others)

Suggestions are appreciated!

Apple branded ones won't be available in that budget.

Within your budget range, you can either go for hp. Personally i dont like Dell laptops.

Another option is ACER or ASUS, though these brands may score a bit less in terms of brand value but they're much reliable & are available in great configurations in your budget range, Asus even comes with i7 processor in that range.

Apple branded ones won't be available in that budget.

Within your budget range, you can either go for hp. Personally i dont like Dell laptops.

Another option is ACER or ASUS, though these brands may score a bit less in terms of brand value but they're much reliable & are available in great configurations in your budget range, Asus even comes with i7 processor in that range.

Budget not a problem.. Can increase to max 65k.. though I don't think it would be smart to choose apple's base lappy. So apple ruled out

Shorlisted these Laptops :

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-15-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdpzjm3hyzfbfg?pid=COMDPZJC9STYFRP9&srno=b_1&ref=24e25246-f61f-4ccd-9df6-2459871ded4b

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z510-59-398016-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-8gb-ssd-win8-1-2gb-graph/p/itmdsj3yfucyaddr?pid=COMDSJ3XGGH88QZD&srno=b_3&ref=005003b1-d6e7-4893-8aff-f6bd5b0396e8

http://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-v5-573g-laptop-4th-gen-ci5-6gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph-nx-mcgsi-002/p/itmdp98yr6hefcqz?pid=COMDP98WHKMXAHSM&srno=b_3&ref=1b270d97-aba7-4109-99b0-f1afe19b6f62

try to buy these laptops from ebay they are having a few promotions.

sometime back while buying HTC M8 for Father's Day had a pleasant experience at ebay .Found the phone for close to 42000 mrp 59900 ,there also if you opt for a citibank card payment you get additional discounts as cashback.At that time M8 was available at CROMA for 49990 mrp 59900,

Heading to CROMA now to buy Grand 2 ,( 5% cashback on SBI cards )

Guys,

I am planning to upgrate to a premium andriod device (Smart phone) now. My budget is 40K + - 5%. Which one I should go for? can someone throw some light on this please?

I am sure lot of us have upgraded and are using some nicest devices, share your experience.

Edited by Sstar

@Sstar - The HTC One M8 should be your choice. Priced around 45k odd. Consider increasing your budget a bit for this one. Really is been ruling the Android premium market since launch.

Also look at the LG G2, Sony Z2 and Samsung S5.

Yea, I have checked out Samsung S5 and Xperia Z though have not seen HTC M8. But I am little more linclined towards Xperia Z or Z2 which ever comes in my budget.

I will check out M8 first though.