vibhor

Which Cheapest Car will you Prefer??

Which cheapest car will you prefer??  

1. 1. Which cheapest car will you prefer??

• Tata Nano(top end variant)
    • Maruti 800 Dx (top end)

i would be able to decide better after nanos launch, once i check it out.

but on face of things ill go with nano as 800 is a very old car & devoid of basic safety.

also that i would like to show solidarity with mr ratan tata, who in my view, is going to benefit millions of people in india . we need such dynamic leaders to do more good in the future too.

ya....its a gud thing but nano needs some safety features eg: airbags.....like one on the european version...know it wil increase cost but ..can pay little bit for our lives.... 

maybe later on a version with airbags also comes. 

but what about the basic structure of the car(nano) , is it crash worthy? would it go for euroncap testing?

I would go with maruti esteem .
I dont know which thread u r replying........if u r replying to this one so u should vote between tata nano or Maruti 800........smiley1.gif

i vote for the 800, i dont want to be seen around in the "world's cheapest car" even if its more practical! and what practicality isw everbody talking abut in the nano? if you wanna refuel it, you have to get down and open the bonnet. if you wanna place something in the boot, the rear passengers have to get down and the seat folded. sorry, but its ridiculous!

the original beetle had to be refuelled by opening the bonnet...it maybe a chore for all those who can afford better cars...but the car has an aim-to put the nation on wheels(nation refers to ppl who cannot afford an 800,which is the cheapest now)...for those who think of the nano of a luxury,it wont be a problem for them...they wil get used to it

ya i agree with designer Sf....atleast Tata dreamt of it and made it ...Raj and speed and even me and many can afford some good cars so definately we will not like somethings in Nano but wat abt those who cannot even think of car......Even now carmakers are considering impossible to make 1lac car ..so we should be proud of Mr.Ratan Tata rather considering those drawbacks...its price is half of cheapest M800 and considering price its not half in features or space....

yes designersf & bluesapphire are right in saying that nono is going to be luxury for some. hats off to mr. ratan tata whose cared about the dreams of millions to own a car.

But the very intresting thing about 800 is that..when it was launched it was sold very much and now after a decade also there r proud owners of our little 800.........but now sales have become quite low.....bcoz of alto......dont know the Nano will be able to like this.......smiley20.gif   

yes designersf, you are absolutely right. but 1 more reason i will avoid the nano is its crashworthiness. how much ever TATA tries to convince me that it meets all safety standards, one look at the tyres or the whole car is enough for any ***** to understand that this car is safer than only a bajaj chetak!

for those who may say its safer than a bike, i'll say your bike is more reliable buddy! tata cant make reliable, trustworthy cars in the 3-12 lakh price bracket, what do you expect from its 1 lakh car?

and btw, the on road price of the top end nano is 1,70,000. so its not exactly half the price of an 800.

yes, untill now theres no car from either tata or mahindra thats crashworthy, be it safari or scorpio even. ive witnessed some nasty crashes of both & the occupants were not at all safe.

tata plans to offer nano globally, so it will have to adhere to stringent safety norms.