sgiitk

Hyundai i10 Kappa Launched...Now Driven

Its surely trying to penetrate in to the SWIFT's territory.

with a 5.5 ex it is also penetrating into fabia's territory.

The top end has airbags, ABS, sun-roof

(I bet parking sensors would be missing but easy after mart fittment)

it has stuff that the only other htach to offer is fabia. And as for fabia 1.2 well it is a stright on competitor.

Plus an auto.

I think Hyudai should replace both 1.1 and 1.3 engine in Getz with this engine, if their claims for the engine are genuine. They are killing old lady with the younger one. But they are forgetting the real strength of Getz, it's space and highway manners. Perhaps they will do so once they launched I-20 in oct / Nov. Till then they are trying this engine in I-10. All the best to hyudai.

I think Hyudai should replace both 1.1 and 1.3 engine in Getz with this engine' date=' if their claims for the engine are genuine. They are killing old lady with the younger one. But they are forgetting the real strength of Getz, it's space and highway manners. Perhaps they will do so once they launched I-20 in oct / Nov. Till then they are trying this engine in I-10. All the best to hyudai. [/quote']

GETZ is the next segment, wait for i20. I guess i20 will have even better specs.

Well i20 will come this december with this engine and i20 is the new Getz !! I think the asta manual coincides with Swift ZXi (with out sunroof in Mumbai) I think they are doing some extra bit expensive but beige will make one feel more luxurious.

Well i20 will come this december with this engine and i20 is the new Getz !! I think the asta manual coincides with Swift ZXi (with out sunroof in Mumbai) I think they are doing some extra bit expensive but beige will make one feel more luxurious.

Mate, you got it wrong. Its the ASTA auto that coincides with SWIFT ZXI ? I wish maruti upgrades the SWIFT interiors to biege.

Here are the prices again

Asta Rs4,35,578(Manual) Rs4,35,205(Manual)
Asta with Sunroof Rs5,00,833Manual),

Rs5,43,844(Auto)
Rs5,00,510Manual),

Rs5,42,354(Auto)

The asta auto price in delhi is 5.43 in delhi but in Mumbai zxi is costing 5.40 only and you can add 15k easily in Mumbai ex-showroom price so the on road for the auto asta will be around 6.25lakhs and zxi costs 6.07 lakhs here.

Mate' date=' you got it wrong. Its the ASTA auto that coincides with SWIFT ZXI ? I wish maruti upgrades the SWIFT interiors to biege.

Rs5,43,844(Auto)
Rs5,00,510Manual),

Rs5,42,354(Auto)
[/quote'] is this one Asta or Astra??...may be it can Asta ...but i have never heard about it ......smiley17.gifvibhor2008-07-16 11:22:40

Mate' date=' you got it wrong. Its the ASTA auto that coincides with SWIFT ZXI ? I wish maruti upgrades the SWIFT interiors to biege.

Rs5,43,844(Auto)
Rs5,00,510Manual),

Rs5,42,354(Auto)
[/quote'] is this one Asta or Astra??...smiley36.gif

Mate, you seem to be big fan of SMILEYS. Its ASTA and not ASTRA check HYUNDAi site.

Yes. I too feel so. Its slightly on the higher side.The ideal pricing should be all the features that SWIFT has and a 60K price difference. Then i think its gonna eat in to the sales of SWIFT. What do you say ?

Well i10 doesn't have steering mounted controls nor automatic climate control and height adjustment (also less power) so the pricing is on the higher side the asta manual will cost 5.9lakhs on road so only 10k difference.

kappa1ou7.jpg

Here's a small review on the new 1.2 Kappa. The new 1197cc engine develops 79bhp and 11.4kgm of torque. The same engine is also going to be used in the i20 later this year. It definately feels peppier than the old Epsilon. It doesn't have that initial pull of the older motor, but after that it pulls well especially towards the redline. Although we haven't strapped on the Vbox to it, but we expect it to be around two seconds faster than the older i10. Fuel efficiency is also expected to be better than before.

kappa2vs7.jpg

kappa4pn2.jpg

Hyundai has chosen to keep the old size tyres and with the additional power it would do well with a tyre upgrade. The Epsilon engine will still be sold in the D-lite and Era variants. The Kappa will come in the Magna, Asta and the Sport trim levels.

kappa5vt4.jpg

There is also an automatic version on offer now. The autobox has been lifted out of the Santro and works well with the new engine. Available in the Magna trim at Rs.4.44 lakh ex showroom Delhi, it fills up the void which the Santro Auto left.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-07-16 15:30:46

Well I agree with renuka that the red and beige are not upto our taste also the tyres are too small for it and 175width is recommanded by me .Also I notice that they have changed the steering style .

@FRG what more do we get in the sport i10 in the sport pack in red and black colour?

Well Hyundai invested a lot of money in this engine and it reached Euro 5 also good FE is there because the motor lacks the initial city pickup but good mid and top range so thus saving fuel.

Hyundai is honouring India by launching the Kappa engine for the first time in the world. They will be soon launching the diesel version too. They are in tie up with Bosch to develop the all new CRDi engine.

So we are the guinea pigs for field testing !!!

Oh yeah; if you bring in old technology,we will accept it; 'cause its "Nazi" Enigneering but when you bring something real new, you feel like an experimental animal; come on SGIITK.

You alse missed the !!!. Exclamation marks indicate a tongue in cheek comment, i.e. one which is more in jest. I hope now you understand.

What I will do is to avoid the engine for the first three months or so the allow gremlins, if any, to surface and be fixed.

I hope they have taken care of a niggle on the automatic.The transmission is carried forward from the SAntro.

The transmission was originally a three speed, to which a fourth was added. This is enabled by the 'overdrive' button on the selector. In the P, R and N settings there is a tendency for the knee to accidentally knock the button for the 'OD' and switch it off. The transmission then becomes three speed. I am sure a minor judicious redesign is all that it takes. I do see the knob is different, so may be this is taken care of.