FuelRunGod

Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Test Drive Report

hey anvesh d price difference is due to the big difference in exchange rates..a simple question...y is the us dollar dearer compared to the indian rupee ????/ this is because the us economy is stronger and healthier than the indian economy and hence such price differences..i hope u have got the answer !!!

Mate plz get your maths correct.

well i dont know what the fuss is all about....their's something called product stratergy as well...volkswagen has a premeire image...as to the power output i think jetta must be having good performance in both petrol and diesel....if a 170 bhp petrol comes in india den u people will be bragging about d fact that d car's mileage is 6-7 kmpl.....look d equation is simple if u want a performance car at 13-16 lacs go and buy a civic or accord or corolla....and even i thought that sonata must be quicker than laura but when i read the test i was shocked....being 40 bhp down and still matching it on 0-100 run..amazing...but if u still want a jetta with more power than get d jetta's performance enhanced by pete's !!!!

You are not gettin point mate. WHy is the price still high ?

Why not? There are some Nazi's among us who swear by anything German; and will call it 'brilliant'; probably they have German sheperds for pet's and wear a swastika on their underwear. If VW's get's good volumes at that price point, why not make a killing and also keep the premium image. And the smile on Thomas Kuehl's<in the latest ACI><sales head, Skoda><looks like a perfect weasel to me> face says it all, if you Indians can suck up to a car as underpowered as the Fabia, why not I laugh all the way to the bank. It's no a question whether the car is worth the cash or not: the question is will they ever be able to price that piece of junk as they do here, in the US or UK, and get away with it???smiley21.gif

well i dont know what the fuss is all about....their's something called product stratergy as well...volkswagen has a premeire image...as to the power output i think jetta must be having good performance in both petrol and diesel....if a 170 bhp petrol comes in india den u people will be bragging about d fact that d car's mileage is 6-7 kmpl.....look d equation is simple if u want a performance car at 13-16 lacs go and buy a civic or accord or corolla....and even i thought that sonata must be quicker than laura but when i read the test i was shocked....being 40 bhp down and still matching it on 0-100 run..amazing...but if u still want a jetta with more power than get d jetta's performance enhanced by pete's !!!!

I don't know what's the fuss abt 0-100 times. You hardly get to test these things in real time traffic. What matters in real time traffic is in gear acceleration, and see the times yourselves for Sonata and Laura. And the majority opinion in the forum if some one points out a mistake abt a 'hallowed' german or a czech marque seems to be that "How can you say something like that!!!??? Don't you know it's GERMAN!!!"

Ok the petrol should have got the 1.8lt petrol and 25bhp more but you get good economy from the 1.6lt and max power is something we rarely come across in our roads.

well i dont know what the fuss is all about....their's something called product stratergy as well...volkswagen has a premeire image...as to the power output i think jetta must be having good performance in both petrol and diesel....if a 170 bhp petrol comes in india den u people will be bragging about d fact that d car's mileage is 6-7 kmpl.....look d equation is simple if u want a performance car at 13-16 lacs go and buy a civic or accord or corolla....

If what you mean by bragging is "complaining" then let me clear that I am not going to compain about mileage if the engine is powerful. I want power, period and obviously power comes with the price of mileage and I accept that. My Palio gives me 8kmpl but I don't care I enjoy driving it. And yes, with only this petrol engine in the Jette, I will prefer buying the Civic anyday!

So all I am asking is for choice, one car for the mileage hungry and one for the power hungry. Unfortunately due to the economics, most of the car manufacturer's are nowadays only looking at the former.

Let me be clear that I am only talking in terms of petrol options here. I have never owned diesel cars and I do not intend to.

well anvesh y dont u carry out an intensive research on d concerned topic ???  but we indians sometimes get a raw deal frm car manufacturers.....but there is practically no one who safeguards the interests of consumers in india...

I alone cant research mate, need some one to help.

But VTEC Guy was telling this topic has already been discussed, I asked him for the thread name so that i can gain some info from that thread.

But he didnt reply

I just took a test drive of the new Jetta diesel top of the line version. Not too impressed with it. Has a peppy engine but feels too light. Doesnt give that solid german build feel. Interiors also very basic, lack many features like parking sensors etc. Engine is very noisy. Also the cabin feels very cramped inside. Rear leg space is very poor, like the octavia. For 19 lacs on road in Mumbai i'd say it's completely not worth the price. I dont know why all the auto magazines are saying its priced well. They must be making a lot of money smiley36.gif

I think the Civic is a better option even though it doesnt have a diesel. The big price difference more than makes up for it.

I bet if the new Corolla too turns out to be priced around civic levels then Jetta will have no takers.

I think its more due to lackluster product rather than absence of dealer, because people from our City have been buying cars in hordes even when dealers were in Delhi or diff. States.

Have the deliveries of Jetta begun ? I have not even seen a single Jetta on road so far' date=' otherwise buyers in Punjab run out to buy new cars.

[/quote']

I have seen few in Chandigarh , around 4 and 1 jetta has been bought by my friends' friend smiley17.gif , thats top model .