aks316

What Car... ?

i want a car with airbags and abs and i was waiting for the new honda city and now that it is launched it is highly overpriced.. i dont think it makes any sense buying a honda city for 9.3Lakhs on road.. and besides i already have a honda city.. i have decided chevrolet aveo but i may wait till march.. the new version has a better gearbox which was the main negative of aveo though i dont like too much of chrome which the new version has..i just wanted to see which car would people go for out of the five if given a choice..

Id have the Honda city Vtec.

Chevrolet is just a disguised Daewoo, which is crap to begin with.

Ford Fiesta, Ive had an ikon before. Everytime it went to the shop i had shell out Rs.20,000 and it kept getting worse over the years. For that bad experience i am afraid to buy a ford.

Hyundai Verna, Firstly it is Korean and secondly why would anyone buy a HYundai?

Maruti SX4, it is a good option, Suzuki is selling this model in developed countries as well, i would consider it, if interiors had been built with better materials.

Never for for Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Road Dead, thats what FORD is called lovingly in its country of origin US of A, the Ford detiorates in matter of months, more so than say a Hyundai or Daewoo, this includes crappy electricals and the engine as well.

I would be a bit careful with Hyundai. They are excellent value for money (esp. in terms of the interiors and creature comforts) but the durability appears be be better in the Marutis. Of course by all accounts the Hondas and Toyotas are streets ahead in terms of build quality and durability.

Id have the Honda city Vtec.

Chevrolet is just a disguised Daewoo' date=' which is crap to begin with.

Hyundai Verna, Firstly it is Korean and secondly why would anyone buy a HYundai?

[/quote']

Firstly how does the optra being daewoo make it crap? Its a brilliant choice if you are looking for luxury and comfort. And now with the diesel powerplant, sensible too.

Korean? Have you owned a hyundai? Hyundais cars may not be very exciting but in terms of quality and reliability, I would rate them very highly. I would definately buy a Hyundai if given the choice.

FRG

Although Hyundai has come a long way in terms of reliability, they still have long way to go, the Hyundai engines are based on old Japanese design further tweaked by Hyundai in house, for instance, their 6 cyl as well as 4cy are from Mitsubishi, their diesels are Detroit Diesel engines, point is in all long term reliability tests done in US, Hyundai still doesnt do that well, but it does better than other Korean manufacturers and German manufacturers as well. It would be a long way before I would give precedence to Hyundai over a Honda or Toyota or Subaru or Mitsu or Nissan.

Honda' date=' Toyota are in the league of their own. Hyundai is good and improving.

?

FRG
[/quote']

Indeed and they are catching up fast, years back when the Hyundai Excel was launched in US, it was a joke, even though the 1.5L engine was based on Mitsubishi platform, it suffered severe reliability issues, same with Sontata, but they have worked hard in recent years and have improved and now pay more attention to R&D rather than marketing, sadly the same doesnt go for their consumer electronics.

But the Verna is any day a better car than the Fiesta, diesel or gas. There were initial complaints of Verna front axle coming off failures which Hyundai India did a pathetic job of ingnoring and hiding, hopefully all that is solved now.Gurkha2007-09-18 16:52:33

i dnt agree that daweoo or chevrolet is crap.. to me overall it is better than ford any day.. verna, aveo and sx4 are equally good cars with each having its cons n pros.. honda vtec is better than the rest but then it is overpriced for the honda badge..

The SX4 appears to be better value for money than the Vtec.

Value yes, car no, the engine still lacks the electric motor refinement of the Honda VTEC, of course between NHC and OHC, I would take the later in VTEC with the high revving short stroke engine.

It is not worth paying that extra for a Vtec for just engine refinement when SX4 offers more in terms of overall package.

Depends from person to person, for an enthusiast, engine and tranny is everything.

i dnt agree that daweoo or chevrolet is crap.. to me overall it is better than ford any day.. verna' date=' aveo and sx4 are equally good cars with each having its cons n pros.. honda vtec is better than the rest but then it is overpriced for the honda badge..[/quote']

^^^i second tat!!..HONDA VTEC leads the pack but outrsageously priced!!..next in terms of sheer driver involvement comes the Fiesta 1.6 but the Aveo 1.6 wud run neck to neck..also AVEO 1.6 is more of a value for a money car!!...the SX4 is obviously letdown by the space n the stylin,IMO!!smiley1.gif

yup.. you are right.. honda vtec is the best of the lot except for the price it is very overpriced because of 1 reason honda knows we indians wont mind paying a  higher price for the honda badge.. i would go for chevrolet aveo.. i find it a better overall package than the rest.. this is just my opinion.. and all are good cars..

Hondas are higher priced in US as well, their ad line there would say a car that sells itself, they also retain the maximum value in used market in US, years ago when I bought my Accord V6, I asked the Honda dealer what extras or incentives would I get, with a smile he told me in that case I am better off going to the Toyota dealer opposite to his dealership and buy a Camry there, needless to say, I bought the Honda and have no regrets.