lineshshah

don't buy good year tyre

i have santro xing may 2005 model . 37000 km runs my both front tyre are desaped!

company 

gives 5 years warranty or 40000 kms (note : tyres are under warranty)

i go for warranty company officer inspect tyres also tyre dealer inspect it

company officer rejected warranty and the dealer asked me goodyear's policy is not good

but some other company gives Unconditional warranty like jktyre or bridgestone etc.

JAGO GRAHAK JAGO !!!

You are right lineshshah, I too have had very bad exp. with goodyear. My car has goodyear eagle venturas & the tyres have had almost every imaginable problem. Goodyear does not comply with the  Warranty system properly either.

Good Year tyres are wearing out faster than any other tyres. I got only 12000 kms on my fiat petra d. After that I tried MRF and Bridgestone. They both gave around 30,000 kms which i think better figures for a heavy fiat with frequent alignment problems. As innocent said its only good for a year.smiley36.gif 

Good year aren't good even in grip nor in life .JK tyre provide long life but poor grip ,bridgestone gives better grip but less life .MRF slots in between.

Good year aren't good even in grip nor in life .JK tyre provide long life but poor grip ' date='bridgestone gives better grip but less life .MRF slots in between.[/quote']

What about MICHELIN ?

Thanks for the updates- thought Goodyear was too good for years' date=' not one.MRF is my favourite among the Indian companies. [/quote'] You have another reason to relish MRF because of good customer support and they custom built the white wall tyre for your car.smiley4.gif

well i think we should not be buying tyres other than michelin,bridgestone and mrf rest all is crap !!!! i dont know what the mrf tyre is made off ????/ it lasted for 60,000 km on my zen which were company fitted the mrf zvts !!!! well d thing is simple if u want an unlimited life of tyre buy mrf though it has a harsh ride but if u want a soft ride than buy a bridgestone...even bridgestone lasts till 45,ooo kms !!!! even d civic when it was introduced it was being sold with goodyear tyres.....now civic being sold with michelins !!!

Thanks for the updates- thought Goodyear was too good for years' date=' not one.MRF is my favourite among the Indian companies. [/quote'] You have another reason to relish MRF because of good customer support and they custom built the white wall tyre for your car.smiley4.gif

Thanks rssh - the white wall tyres are sure a traffic stopper here, for my Landmaster and I shall not forget how the Vice President, Marketing , MRF tyres cordially mailed me two times and also saw to it that the tyres reach the MRF showroom here.

I have now got fitted a new MRF  MOTO-O (3.00 X 18) rear tyre on my Yamaha RX 100 which is a tough workhorse. it cost me Rs 1150=00 with the tube that is about Rs 300=00 costlier than the normal MRF NyloGrip 3.00 X 18 tyres.

sonycamv1652bz4.jpg

loading.gif

sonycamv1653zc9.jpg

loading.gif

my corolla came fitted with bridgestone potenza...d car has done 30,000 kms in 2 and a half years and looking at d tyres they look as if they r brand new with hardly..the salesman at toyota was telling if used properly d potenza can easily do 60,000 kms !!!!

I have Appolo Tryres fixed on My Maruti800 OEM fitting. Have done 60000Kms and the tyre is still worth to run another 10000Kms

I have fitted aura radials whehn I bought the car.

Also Appolo radials have been fitted on my TATA Estate, They Gave 3years/50% tread wear warranty, no questions Asked.

I have done 20000Kms on the car and the tyre is good

I recommend Apollo Tyres

Gsaneshramsmiley1.gif

Good to know that Apollo tyres have come of age. I had apollo radials on my Gypsy in 97, they were just alright then.

But, certainly my experience with Goodyear has been the worst, I got them on my Corolla as an upgrade to stingy Bridgestone Potenzas, since then its been trouble all the way.

I have a 2001 Zen, it came with the JK Tyres 145/80 R 12 (tube type). They lasted for 36000 Kms and then i had to change it since the tyre walls got weak... i have heard a lot of quality issues in JK Tyres... now i changed them to Apollo 155/70 R 12 (Tubeless)... believe me guyz its done 10000 Kms and provides an amazing grip, the tubeless feels much lighter and the certainly driveability has improved. Will definately recommend Apollo.

So, I shall look be towards APOLLO as my next tyres! But they do not seem to be coming in all the sizes. Maybe Apollo would introduce diff. sizes from time to time.

One point worth checking is the weight of the tyre. Just heft it and you will have the answer. I think there may be a factor of as much as 2 here between the lightest and the heaviest. Remember the tyre and wheel constitute 'Unsprung weight' a known factor affecting the handling.

As for the 37,000km Goodyears, you are looking at less than 10% valuation (3,000/40,000) and if you are unhappy with the tyres it is not worth it!!!!

but sg sir u have to agree on one thing that mrf and bridgestone are the tyres which can really last for long especially mrf...d mrf zvts which came in my zen lasted for 60,000 kms !!!!

I never said that. I have high regard for Bridgestones - excellent grip, but a bit noisy. Goodyears have a reputation of being durable but have poor grip.

I have not hefted tyres of late, but when I did two or three years ago Bridgestones and Goodyears were far lighter than the rest! In general the lighter the tyre the better it should be.

Incidentally I hear that Maruti uses three or four vendors incl. Bridgestone 7 Goodyear.. Hyundai sticks only to Bridgestone. Honda City uses (mostly) Goodyears.

My own preference as you can guess is Bridgestone followed by Goodyear. Of course if imports are also allowed then I may prefer Michelin and Pirelli!!!

sgiitk2008-08-07 11:29:52