lineshshah

don't buy good year tyre

the white wall tyres are sure a traffic stopper here, for my Landmaster and I shall not forget how the Vice President, Marketing , MRF tyres cordially mailed me two times and also saw to it that the tyres reach the MRF showroom here.

Hey guys, since you seem to have an established contact, could you do me a favor and help me get the white wall tyres for my 1966 Amby. Would really appriciate any help in the matter.

I have used OEM bridgestone  on Accent 65,000 km done tyres still have too much tread it can be used for 15,000 - 20,000 km more as claimed by the tyre shop,

Alas!!! as the tyres are more than 5yrs old they have developed bubbling so had to change them

goodyear tyres were never good on grip nor lasted long ever since i used them on my omni. MRF & Bridgestone were good and safe to drive. so, i've decided to change the goodyear GT3 on my Fiat punto to Yokohama S.drive.

"but some other company gives Unconditional warranty like jktyre or bridgestone etc."

and do u seriously think they will replace it ? i have goodyear tyres on my corolla and one of them had a wall problem , went to the store where i purchased it from , he said 'ke sir yeah aapk galti ki waje se hua hai' fired him left and right an finally got the tyre replaced

How are Yokohamas? No one has discussed about those...?

Crap.

The only good tyres are Bridgestones.(I personally think so)

Though Apollo comes a distant second.

i have santro xing may 2005 model . 37000 km runs my both front tyre are desaped!

company 

gives 5 years warranty or 40000 kms (note : tyres are under warranty)

I get a feeling that we are making much ado about nothing. People seem to have lost track of what the original post was all about.

As for preferences - the tyres I have are the best / worst depending on whether I am happy with them or not!

sgiitk2009-08-17 07:26:09

How are Yokohamas? No one has discussed about those...?

Crap.

The only good tyres are Bridgestones.(I personally think so)

Though Apollo comes a distant second.

What Rubbish. Yokos are in a Different league altogether. They are Brilliant. The Grip levels are phenomenal.

which tyre lasts well with decent grip?

You are looking a essentially opposite requirements. So yo have to make a compromise. You may add road noise to this as well.

At one time (may be still) Michelins sold in the UK reputedly used a softer compound than those in mainland Europe - reason wetter roads in the UK! Also, sometimes they had more aggressive tread patterns.

sgiitk2009-08-18 03:10:15

We have a Civic which originally came with Good Year tyres... and to my horror it was worn out by 22000 kms... thats ridiculous!! Now i've got Bridgestone tyres ... I hope it performs better!

The Bridgestones on my Accent needed replacement starting from 15000 or so. Once I got the alignment done by an independent I have done a further 38,000 and the new Bridgestones still have a lot of life left.

@anirudh- Please refer to your car's owners manual for this information. Alignment is usually done every 5000 Km's (or earlier if you feel your car pulling to one side on level road).