rkr3ster

Used Honda CVT

Im looking for an automatic car, and Ive been offered a used Honda City CVT (2006 model) for Rs. 6.5 lakhs by a dealer. The car has 12,000 km on the clock.

My questions:

1. Is this a good price? New on road price is Rs. 8.6L

2. Is this a reliable car (i.e., is it a good buy -- I know Hondas are good, but specifically, the CVT?)

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Hey,

Hondas generally hold on well in the resale value department. Since you are buying from a dealer, try to negotiate the price down to atleast 6.5. The CVT makes for a good buy. I hope youve driven a CVT before as the rubber band effect can be irritating to some.

Also check our used car thread.

FRG

Thanks for your quick reply, FRG. Appreciated.

I am getting the car for Rs. 6.5L. Perhaps you meant 6 lacs?

I did drive the car for a short distance -- didnt notice anything very weird (re rubber banding). I guess I have to take a longer test drive -- but in any case, having come from a Maruti Zen automatic and a WagonR automatic, I dont think any A/T induced effects can be any worse!

Again -- thanks for the response.

Rs.6.5L is good quote for the Honda, make sure there are no body damages, 12000 KM seems to be quite low, check for under body damage, CVT is excellent, proper ratio all the time.

Yeah 6.5L is not a  Bad quote.But Beware and Take a Well Known Mechanic and get the vehicle Checked Cause it also may be Acceidental one. soo In case the Mechanic approves the car then goo ahead and try to negotiate and try mximum to egt the car around 6.3 - 6.4 L. Happy Motoring.

just check if there is a judder in the cvt system when starting off from rest... this problem is there even in Japanese honda fit model ( i am in japan and my friend has a honda jazz-hatchback version of city)...fixing it is really expensive and irritating..

Any automatic cant be fixed in India yet, usually its an expensive affair anywhere on earth but in India, whole transmission is usually replaced, in or out of warranty, the Honda CVT if properly maitained lasts for a long time, if abused, the judder comes up, the Subaru Justy CVT was the same case.