Zal D

Do you think the Yamaha Scorpio will sell in India

This is the Yamaha Scorpio. It is a 225cc naked bike with mono-shock and a top speed of 150kph.

20080808_082049_scorpio-studio-.jpg

Some details of the bike

SPECIFICATIONS hs_endyellow.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
ENGINE/IGNITION/TRANSMISSION
Type Air cooled 4 stroke 2 valves single cylinder
Displacement - (cc) 223
Bore Stroke - (mm) 70 x 58
Starter Electric/Kick
Fueltank - (L) 12
CHASSIS
Length - (mm) 2020
Width - (mm) 770
Height - (mm) 1090
Seat Height - (mm) 770
Wheelbase - (mm) 1295
Clearance - (mm) 165
Dry Weight - (kg) 124
FRONT END
Tyres Front 80/100-18
Brakes Front Single Disc Brake
REAR END
Tyres Rear 100/90-18
Brakes Rear Drum (Leading Trailing)
What do you guys think of it?

Thats great - a 124 Kg / 223 cc bike should beat other competitors that are in this class and weigh upto 180 Kg. The BHP and torque figures are not posted  it appears!

With a few India specific and suited touches, the bike should do well in its class, if introduced here.

this bike looks good...n as designer said it reminds of RD350!!.....so when it is going to launch here??...........

hope M&M dont case on them in court for copying the name"Scorpio"

dunno about the  handling of this bike..,but m not into much expectations from Yamaha now..

Launching an R1 prototype R15 with 150 cc.,that any normal 150 cc Indian bike n win over ..

n then launching a 225 cc bike which looks like any Indian low segment bike..,i mean whats wrong with Yamaha designing....

nywy good with its mono shock n big rugged engine..

bit i guess it still needs lot of  modification.

>

I have this bike. It is made by Yamaha Indonesia. You also get it in New Zealand and Australia. In Indonesia it is sold for Rp. 19,485,000 which comes to 87,892 rupees. It has 19 PS at 8000rpm. It comes in three colors blue, black and red. And for some reason only the red colored one comes with black alloy wheels, which i'm trying to get on mine. This bike looks like a Yamaha XJR1300 which has a 1300cc engine. It would be nice if this bike comes to India but i dont think it will. Its got good features like mono-shock and a dry weight of only 124kg but it doesnt have things like dig speedo, stuff you would find on the R15. The handles very well.     

I think thats a great bike for India, well suited to us thanks to its simple construction- 2 valve single, tubular frame, naked construction. But, it sure as heck will need way better styling to grab a good market share here. Throw on some fancy stuff, add on a digital speedometer, nifty alloy rims and boy oh boy, bye bye Karizma and bye bye Pulsar 220. And dont forget to give the bike fuel injection.

With launch of R15 this design looks pail in comparison. Karzma and Pulsar have some fairing and this one looks like a commuter bike.. Engine chasis may be good but on looks front it will fail. no individual character..

I know the looks are quite plain. I am changing the orange lens cap and going to get some clear ones put on.

Off topic can i fit xenons headlights on my bike??

I agree with raceon adn The VTEC guy, maybe the engine is good but looks crappy and since its a 225cc bike, pricing in India will be huge for it, I doubt if Yamaha can sell 100 of these here! But if Yamaha kicks the Indian Bike Designer they have out and employ one of the designers of  Bajaj Pulsar, Forutnes may change for good!! Indians Like plump lookers, not Thinners like Yamaha(apart from RX and R15)!!

there is NO way Yamaha will launch this primitive thing in the indian Market!! And Definately not with that price tag. Also, they cant use the name Scorpio as the copyright has already been taken by Mahindra. Similarly, Mahindra coudnt use "scorpio" in Europe as it was already taken by Ford.

I agree with Archit. If the Humble Splendour can have Alloys, why not this. BUT, you have to remember, if yamaha launches this as it is, they could get away with the spoke wheels if they say that it is "classic biking" or something. Then, this bike should be reminiscent of the legendary 350..

Good1 Cyrus, "Classic Biking" may help it.. but they still can run into trouble for that! the front can be said to be classic, but the rear has a Mono Shock and look at the wierd scilencer!! OMG where is it going!! neither sporty, nor classy !

no way

max cc of a bike is 200CC

that is\a kawasaki boss but in india bajaj avenger looks same to the boss

there is one extremely cool bike its name is honda cbr 150

mostly all bikes are step-thru

Thought I might add a few more pictures in this thread since its been viewed 700+ times now and here is a small summary.

I can do 300km on one tank which is 12 liters (plus a 3 liter reserve). Max I have done is 60mph (100kph).  It handles very well, so well that  I have scrapped  my  shoe tip along the  ground while turning. The tires are very good it never feels like they are about to give away, even when I have taken those really sharp turns lying the bike on its side. 0 to 35mph (60kph) is a few seconds. Haven't timed it but I'm sure its quicker than a Pulsar 220. It kicks the P220 up the butt in performance. The Scorpio Z has almost the same power (19hp) and torque as the P220, but its full weight with a full tank of gas and everything is only 131kg. While  P220 is 150 kg dry  weight. smiley36.gif

Max speed is around 150kph. People have tried it out and there is also a video on youtube where it gets upto 140kph.

s6300259gh6.jpg

s6300261gt0.jpg

s6300260hs5.jpg