Zal D

Do you think the Yamaha Scorpio will sell in India

Thanks Vibhorsmiley4.gif

I do like the looks of it too, but I do feel bikes in India have more style. Sadly engines are small but I love their style and feel they would do well around the world if sold as bikes for learners.smiley1.gif

Thanks Vibhorsmiley4.gif

I do like the looks of it too' date=' but I do feel bikes in India have more style. Sadly engines are small but I love their style and feel they would do well around the world if sold as bikes for learners.smiley1.gif
[/quote'] welcome Zal buddy!.....

.yes, you are absolutely right!..i agree with you!....that indian bikes have got more style but sadly less power!..as you said!smiley17.gif

Hey guys I had said early on that this bike was a down sized Yamaha XJR1300 so here is a pic

xjrit1.jpg

xjr2lik5.jpg

And here is a pic of the Scorpio Z with alloy wheels

325041lye8.jpg

Not a very big difference it them except Scorpio has Mono shock

The Yamaha XJR1300 is real cool man' date=' but it deserves even better styling.

[/quote']

Its suppose to be a classic sports bike look. Thats why it is so simple looking.

It seems that many guys in this forum likes the bike. But frankly I dont think Yamaha is even thinking about launching this bike in India atleast inthis present "Avatar".

This bike has the look and features of the last millenium.C'mon it may have a brilliant engine and good in handling but in this era, who will setlle for spoke wheel,analog instrumentation,plain looked tank and side panels,chrome silencer,handle bar after paying a hefty amount of 87000 bucks.

If u can fit its engine ito FZ than it could be a dashing prospect.Bcoz as far as look is concerned FZ can challange any bike in India even the higher priced one such as P-220,Karizma.Also its tyre,suspension and chassiss feels well equiped to carry a higher capacity engine.So far its only -ve point is that its performance is not meeting its heavyand naked looks.So if u can have this brillian engine(@ Zal D) into Fz : it could rocksmiley10.gif

@itssanguine, Cheers buddy...I also thought the same...

The Scorpio's engine may be excellent...But its looks are a decade old in Indian market..But as itssanguine said, If the engine is fitted in FZ, then surely it will rock the roads and Indian premium bike market too

itssanguine

' date=' even my thought is the same. FZ lacks power and this deficit can be overcome by this engine.

But Scorpio could've done well in India if it was brought into India before two years and a minor facelift.

[/quote']

So true. Give the headlight a look like this:

zr750l9f1jy6.jpg

(This may be my next bikesmiley4.gif)

Black engine color and black handles and boom!

BUT as I have said this bike is the down sized XJR1300 so you can't go changing much on it...

Oh yeah. How much is the bike there?

This bike is $12500 so comes to RS 375000. But once I get my full license I can ride one so have another 1 year to wait. But I should be able to get a used one with not too many miles for less.

Zal D2008-11-16 02:58:45

well dude i don think a bike so bland would sell fr dat rate....guess if yaamaha spruses up d looks n make it look macho den its gonna be a runawy success.....given d respect yamaha has earned frm its previous 2launches evey1 is awaitin d next biggy!!

What is a full license buddy?

Do you mean that learner's license and full license ? or is there something else?  

Ya, you have leaner license and one of the rules is you can't ride above 250cc. Once you have full license you can ride whatever cc carry passengers so on..

Zal D2008-11-16 08:47:04

Wonder what yamaha was thinking when it designed this piece of sh....

Sure it will sell...Only if its priced below 40k.

I read about some guy sayin that outside india only poor people and people who cant get license own 250 cc bikes.At first i couldnt believe him,but looking at this bike makes me trust him now.

Really wonder what yamaha was thinking when it designed this piece of sh...

Wonder what yamaha was thinking when it designed this piece of sh....

Sure it will sell...Only if its priced below 40k.

I read about some guy sayin that outside india only poor people and people who cant get license own 250 cc bikes.At first i couldnt believe him' date='but looking at this bike makes me trust him now.

Really wonder what yamaha was thinking when it designed this piece of sh...[/quote']

Well i am not poor first of all. And i am on my learner license. If i wanted to spend $8000 on some 250cc bike which is not vfm then i could have! I rather buy something that is cheaper and save my money for a bigger 650cc plus bike!!!!!     Zal D2008-11-28 02:21:59

Thats a good idea man..U never mentioned u were saving for a 600+.

So this one was more like a 'practice bike',eh?

I wasnt labelling anyone,just the designers.

In any case,such a bike wont sell here without major modifications(atleast the body) and a huge price cut.Seriously,it looks very very outdated (the RX100 looks much better) and doesnt suit the price tag...It reminds me of the suzuki 'zeus',which looks like my great-grandfather designed it...

Anyway,dont forget to post pics of ur new bike once u get ur hands on one..!

Thats a good idea man..U never mentioned u were saving for a 600+.

So this one was more like a 'practice bike'' date='eh?

I wasnt labelling anyone,just the designers.

In any case,such a bike wont sell here without major modifications(atleast the body) and a huge price cut.Seriously,it looks very very outdated (the RX100 looks much better) and doesnt suit the price tag...It reminds me of the suzuki 'zeus',which looks like my great-grandfather designed it...

Anyway,dont forget to post pics of ur new bike once u get ur hands on one..![/quote']

Ok buddy. Ya its a learner bike and in nz you can only ride upto 250cc on a learner license.