CYRUS43

EXCLUSIVE DRIVE--FIAT 500.

It is a dream come true for me to be very honest. And i would firstly like to thank the People that made this possible. Manish, i owe you one.

Now, I didnt know i would get to drive the car until really late in the evening. And my excitement knew no bounds when i finally got the call. When i finally reached the venue, it wasnt there. I was dishartened but was told that the car will be back in around 20 mins or so. So i patiently waited, for the 500, i was willing to wait for hours to be honest.

Initial Observations:

I have been in a friend's  Palio Stile 1.6 several times and to be very honest, the build quality is nothing to write home about. The Palio feels outdated and a little shoddy. This on the other hand has already completed around 30,000 kms and the build quality is amazing. The key is a beautifully crafted device much like what the Skoda Octavia has. It is a squarish key, which flips out from the Main remote. The Boot release is on the remote itself. I liked the wheels, though not the signature multispokes, it was a nice split five spoke design. Even after it has gone all over india, the Chrome on the wheels didnt appear to be peeled off or damaged in any way.

Interiors: 

Classy is an understatement. I have always had a soft spot for an orange backlight display, (that is one of the reasons i use a sony ericsson walkman phone) and i just loved the 500's interiors. I was in a Passat the other day and to be honest, the interior is a great place to be in. It is nice and comfy....but it is too normal for my taste. The 500 on the other hand, is a like a newly acquired toy for a little boy. The translucent hazard light button..the red dashboard..the superb audio setup..the white leather wrapped steering wheel..and of course, the brilliant Speedometer/Tachometer arrangement. The only reason one would push this car to redline is to watch the Speedo Needle chase the Tachometer through the gears.

With a chunky gearknob and large simple buttons for the radio and ventilation systems, the 500 has a good looking but functional cabin. Space in the front is good but those in the rear will be cramped for legroom and thanks to that sloping tailgate, headroom too. Fit and finish is good though

Hey good to see you had a good time in the 500.. I have seen this car and it lookes really nice, from outside and inside. I really like the look of the dash board of the 500 and the speedometer

It is a shame its so expencivesmiley19.gif

Man... I don't know whom i should blame; myself for not having earned so much money as to buy this little masterpiece of Fiat smiley5.gif. But seriously, i will give up buying a home for this one if any one offered me a 20 year loan on 15 lakhs!!! smiley4.gifromeo_1592008-08-14 02:01:02

@ Cyrus it would be nice if you post some pics. of exteriors & interiors of the car.

The car at this price is squarely for Fiat fanatics. Also for those who want to live in the past. Nothing special for  a 15L car !

Fiat openly said they just wanna sell 100 cars in a year . Well car is just 2 sweet and buddy well written experience , some pics will b even better . I can feel ur excitement which u had while driving it and writing this post . 

@ Cyrus Oops, just read your signature "

CYRUS "FIAT CRAZY BAWAJI" DHABHAR...............", & therefore all the adulations about 500 !

Also posting the same material on different forums, doesnt make much of a sense.

Also posting the same material on different forums' date=' doesnt make much of a sense.
[/quote']

I don't understand what's the problem with that!! He is a member of different fora and and if he wants to share his experience with people of all those fora what's wrong in that?

I don't understand what's the problem with that!! He is a member of different fora and and if he wants to share his experience with people of all those fora what's wrong in that?

Do you what you posted in some other thread, let me quote that for you-"And why do you keep lifting the threads as it is from other forums?

Also kindly give the proper reference when you take the info. Most of

the times they are copy-pasted verbatim from other sites!",  so, do you know what you are talking, no use of double standards & mind your own business.

Do you what you posted in some other thread' date=' let me quote that for you-"And why do you keep lifting the threads as it is from other forums? Also kindly give the proper reference when you take the info. Most of the times they are copy-pasted verbatim from other sites!",  so, do you know what you are talking, no use of double standards & mind your own business.
[/quote']

Dude, in this case he was writing about "his experience" in two different media. WHy should any one have any problem with that?? And in the other thread it was "plagiarism". For a guy who steals mirrors and wheel caps from others i don't expect you to know the difference!!

hey cyrus a really good review of fiat 500.....well d car looks better than the swift according to me...keep up the good work and dont listen to people who only know to criticize others !!!!

Dude' date=' in this case he was writing about "his experience" in two different media. WHy should any one have any problem with that?? And in the other thread it was "plagiarism". For a guy who steals mirrors and wheel caps from others i don't expect you to know the difference!!
[/quote']

What 2 diff. media, Forums is just one one media. You have shown your caliber or rather the lack of it, remember you later felt sorry for your alleged "plagiarism remark", in that particular thread. As I earlier also stated, your posts are not adding any quality , rather you are just being plain abusive. Atleast you can rest in peace as your belongings are safe. But what an irony , you are unable to see the loot by Skoda!! or maybe you have already been robbed by them & now want to justify your loss.

This car is simply cute...i visited the site and also configured it and it was fun doing that...but its too pricey to have one...but i hope there will be some people who have enough money and are bored of Bmw and Mercs and other cars as there Xtra cars.. ...so this can be choice of many...well nicely written buddy..

What 2 diff. media' date=' Forums is just one one media. You have shown your caliber or rather the lack of it, remember you later felt sorry for your alleged "plagiarism remark", in that particular thread. As I earlier also stated, your posts are not adding any quality , rather you are just being plain abusive. Atleast you can rest in peace as your belongings are safe. But what an irony , you are unable to see the loot by Skoda!! or maybe you have already been robbed by them & now want to justify your loss.
[/quote']

Obviously you don't know what you are talking aboutsmiley36.gif. Youc couldn't say anything substantial so you are piggy backing on a slip of the tongue "media" remark. If you read the posts in earlier thread i just explained what i meant and was no where apologetic. I say the same thing again, what the person doing there was 'plagiarism' and was not expressing his opinion. And where did Skoda come in to picture here?? I have never even mentioned it anywhere!!

Obviously, you are stressed out!!  And frankly I don't have so much free time as you do to pick on fights for some insignificant things.

Blah blah ..... Even I dont have time for roudy members like you. & just see what have you done , the said member is feeling so hurt because of your rotten comments, that hes wanting to leave the forum. An apology from you to the member will not cut short your stature.

The "said member" is neither hurt nor annoyed. This is getting irritating. Enough Bickering from the both of you. Stop trying to show each one up and start posting something with relevance in the forum.

FIAT India has goofed up again. In FIAT 500 they had a winner but they made it a 'also ran'. If only they had manufactured this car here, and priced it sensibly around 6-7 lacs, they would have given Swift a run for its money.

some people just do not learn.