bluesapphire

Hyundai i20 (Spy Pics on Page 3)

Great Pics Zander...Shooting for an Ad means we will get this here soon...

But this should replace the Getz to get success otherwise if priced high it will see the same fate as of getz...

Hyundai do something this time to counter Swift..

Looks big and great..Finishing looks good and styling is also good..

And interiors will be good for sure ..

Agree with speed, if Getz 1.1 is sold side by side they need to cut down the price of Getz further. Regarding competing with Swift. I think i20 will bridge the gap between Swift and Fabia. Swift ZXI sales might be eaten by i20 IMO. But what Hyundai should also thought  of countering  is the Swift VXI version. But i20 wins hands down in space, i think interiors would also live up to the expectation.

@BS, where were you missing buddy!

Hyundai will have to price i20 rightly to counter Swift, as Getz was simply no match. Emphasis would be more on pricing because the looks of the car are average, I mean nothing cutting edge like many modern designs.

Hey everyone here, I am slightly differ from your view that swift was successful because Getz was priced on higher side. Agree that Getz was priced on higher side, but the success of Swift was due to following reasons:

1. it was more replacement of Wagon -r and Santro. Ppl are faded with Wagon-r and Santro, and then the swift was more practical car, in city, compared to Getz

2. Getz is quite spacious and big car and hence it was not as manuoverable as Swift. The ppl who needed a car with highway presence, still go for Getz compared to Swift.

3. Maruti Tag is attached with Swift.

its looks slightly bigger than the Current Getz , though pricing would be the key and yet to wait and watch wether hyundai will replace the Getz or price this i20 slightly above the getz! Coz the same thing they did with the Santro instaed of Phasing it out they put the i10 in slightly higher price tag ! till then fingers crossed!

Also Zander , FRG or any other member have any idea about the specs of this i20 , i mean length , width , wheelbase etc!

Cheers!!

mndvishnu2008-09-16 12:55:49

Going with the i10 -its such a fantastic product of its class, i think Hyundai will do the same with i20 though i cant tell whether it will be successful or not but the product will be much better than Marutis and i10 actually moved to different level quality wise with the likes of some biggies..But again price will be key factor and dont forget that Hyundai is eyeing this car mainly for export and not for local sales..

@bluesapphire- i don't think hyundai is launching this car mainly for export purpose, especially after the success of i10.

i think this is really a very good product if launched in the right price bracket.but considering getz's price, i20 with better and more powerfull engine, i guess its base model will cost around swift's zxi price tag!