Sign in to follow this  
cavallino

What gives, Mr. Raikkonen?

I've been waiting to see the fastest driver in F-1 (in terms of natural talent I believe he's got the measure of everyone) really get going and I thought he'd do it in qualifying at Spa. Instead he has yet again been out-qualified by Massa and is on the dirty side of the grid on the second row.

After sleepwalking through the first half of the Hungarian Grand Prix and pretty much all of the European Grand Prix, I'm afraid he's turning more and more into the post-2000 Mika Hakkinen. I.e. after winning the title, seemingly losing interest and only waking up long enough to set the fastest lap of the race.

Sometimes I wonder if he's waiting to drive the 2009-spec cars that will have more mechanical grip and less aero, and therefore more like racing cars rather than the ugly aero cluttered machines they have now. I hope this is the case and he really hasn't lost interest in F1 after winning a title.

Come on Kimi; put the hammer down already!

Good to see so much support for my man, Kimi! I don't know if he is bored or out of form or has already earned huge amounts of money but I just hope he drives like the way he drove in Spa, yesterday. He was pure aggressive poetry to watch yesterday! Very disappointed that he crashed out but I guess that is the way Kimi is, he just wants to win at any cost.

I hope Kimi has finally WOKEN UP!

@ Speed: Mika and Kimi are Finns, so is Heiki.