speed

What all did you do today?

Hey FRG, you sure are a true high miler! Always upto some great trip.

BTW, sometimes I wish I had a bus like yours, just to hit the road! Can only imagine the supreme comfort a life reclaimer provides!

Do share with us your new escapades...!

As for me, I got a new 1TB External HDD Yesterday evening. Got to back up all the data!
speed2009-09-27 10:34:38

@speed: This time I'll click pictures and maybe write a small report. This is like almost a monthly trip from now on. So the bus is going to cover a lot of ground in the next few months. Yes it is very comfortable, frankly I woudn't do these roads in anything with small wheels.

Your hard disk reminds me that my laptop is showing its age as well.

FRG

Yeah, do that for sure, missed a lot of pic. updates on your Pan-India Ford trip.

Talking of Laptops, if your requirement is solely Net usage, e-mails, browsing, etc. then try a Netbook. Comes in small size, extremely easy on pocket & does the job pretty well. Actually Im planning to get one for myself soon & keep it as an addition to my Lappie.

These days Netbooks are coming with good specs - 160gb HDD, 1gb RAM, 10"LCD, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. Only a DVD R/W is missing, one can get that additional for ~ 1.5k. Otherwise the total package costs <20k.

I was using something like that - Acer Aspire? I think. Yeah the specs on these tiny things are very good. But they're just too small, great for using on the airplane but not regularly. I like my HP laptop, its given very good service for the past 4 years or so. Will probably end up buying another HP or will just get a new hard disk for it.

FRG 

Yes, its Acer Aspire One. This was the one of the 1st batches of netbooks after ASUS, MSI. Even HP, DELL have jumped on to the Netbook bandwagon now. You are right, screen size is a bit of a problem but I really admire their portability. Laptops are just called so, one can't really keep them over ones lap, they become damn hot, Netbooks excel here. Though I did hear that a 12" Netbook might be on its way, that could potentially beat the ultra portables if one doesn't need Graphic extensive solutions.

Hey same pinch, I also enjoy using my HP lappie, serving me good too!

Get an External HDD, 250/320/500 GB. Rates vary from 3-5k for 2.5" hdd's.

That's what I shall probably be doing. But before that the bus might be getting new lights/seatcovers/speakers. Hell I haven't used seatcovers in years. I'm planning to get the white towel covers. Easy to clean and good for the heat.

FRG

I guess you are talking about the seat covers that are tied & not stitched. These are surely easy to wash/clean but flipside is that they regularly get crumpled up & often become uncomfortable to sit. Still are a better choice than the fixed ones!smiley20.gif

I woke up early today!!! Someone came to have a look at my scorpio which is up for sale. I shall now be taking the Dio out for a spin.....And then its back to books and Consumer Behavior Analysis.

Also, I took one pic each of all my models in Bombay yesterday. Will make an album soon

@ cyrus Why are you stuck at Mahindra? Try something else like Premier Mini-SUV

Whatsmiley11.gif from Premier he has migrated to Mahindra, now you want him back with Premier!smiley36.gif

Yeah sure, M&M does give him huge discounts though but not because of being a mod/ or with ACI!smiley15.gif

@Rssh, hey congo man!
speed2009-09-28 16:04:21