speed

What all did you do today?

hmm - today woke up around 11 am > went to the gym, college, got home, played ps3 then went to airport to fetch my dad.. ( just got back )

Note From Admin: Please stick to the forum decorum. Certain things can be kept to yourself. Further such posts will be deleted without warning.
FuelRunGod2009-11-17 07:31:27

TODAY:

I went to my car for a usual checkup because Mom and Dad are not here

so i really had fun today

becuase i really tested civic's sound sytem to its full potential!

i was listening to Boom Boom Pow at the volume of 35!

i measured the dB and it was 180 dB!!

it was so cool!

TODAY:
it was so cool!

I can't help but caution you that music/noise at that level causes deafness.

TODAY:

it was so cool!

Hey archit, 180db is very very very loud, trust me. You need a huge system to get the sound pressure upto that level. What setup do you have in your car?

Hey archit' date=' 180db is very very very loud, trust me. You need a huge system to get the sound pressure upto that level. What setup do you have in your car?[/quote']

+1. If my memory serves me right - The dbDrag world record with a single subwoofer setup (18") is 180.5dB!! Your eardrums will suffer permanent damage way before that.

I'm spent the day planning a SQ upgrade for my car - bought a pair of Alpine SPX-17PRO comps. Now I'm wondering if I should run them active or passive.dtandon2009-11-21 15:14:19

TODAY:I went to my car for a usual checkup because Mom and Dad are not hereso i really had fun todaybecuase i really tested civic's sound sytem to its full potential!i was listening to Boom Boom Pow at the volume of 35!i measured the dB and it was 180 dB!!it was so cool!

hey sorry guys i wrote it the other way

it is actually 108 dB

and the system is stock!

Was at the Toshiba Service Center for most of the afternoon. (Have been juggling office work and running to the Toshiba service center for the past few weeks -almost new Toshiba notebook's motherboard when phut on fine evening. Sent it for repairs. Got it back with exterior damage and several things not working! Its once again with the service center for replacement as its under warranty, long drawn affair. Even after flashing my legal background, looks like I'll have to approach the consumer forum as the notebook is under warranty!)

Taking the Altis for her first service on the 27th...will write on the experience in the Altis owners thread on Friday!

Well tried my new Guitar which i bought yesterday, then went with my father on our Site and also on hunt for some new properties in the morning. Then again got busy with my Guitar, planned for De Dana Dhan for tomorrow and now am online.

Saw 2012 a new Hollywood movie with my family.Its very well made and the special effects created are like "never seen before".The plot is terrific and harps around the "End of The World" theme. Everything in the film focuses on the D Day on December, 21st, 2012 when the world will suffer natural calamities of volcanic and seismic nature of catastrophic dimensions, triggering earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes and totally mutilating or annihilating the earth's crust upon which the civilisation dwells.

Though a very tall claim, the justifications are many like the in-line planetary configurations and so on, that they say happens once in 644,000 years.The film refers fleetingly to Mayanism, which propounds the "End of the World" theory around that date.

Its a film made on a fictional apocalyptic disaster theory.Producer-Director Roland Emmerich has proved that it need not always be Steven Spielberg, ( for this kind of films) who is the father  science fiction and special effects in Hollywood.

This film is a must see for everyone for entertainment if nothing else.

anjan_c20072009-11-29 12:58:13

Hello Anjan what a coincidence, I had also been to the movies, guess what, it was 2012 with the family. One thing I couldn't understand was amid all that chaos how do the  phone's work. But, yes, why think too much when all you want to do is spend some 1.5 hrs enjoyably with the family and kid's. I go to the movies mainly coz the theatre I go is Mayajaal which is away from the city on the ECR and some spirited driving on this narrow two laned highway is good for you and the car. smiley2.gifDurango Dude2009-11-29 13:09:08

But is it a good movie?
I am thinking of watching it.
I also watched Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani today.

Post edited

Note: Use Capital letters where required.
BornFree2009-11-29 13:20:47

but is it a good movie?
i am thinking of watching it
i also watched Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani today

I'd say if you want to watch it go to a theater, don't see it on DVD, you'll probably switch it off even before the first 10 mins. 2012 is not a patch on Independence Day and Bill Pullman is much better than Danny Glover as President. But, yes the movie is watchable, John Cussack outrun's Mother Nature almost alway's. Special Effect's are good.