asheesh1982

Zen the best

Hi,

I own a Zen for past 3 yrs and covered 108000 Kms. In these 1 Lacs odd kms that car has been the most reliable one, taking the abuses, good handling giving ample confidence.

I think the car will do about 1 lac more without a fuss.

I dont have the pics right now but will upload it. I have driven many vehicles in india and abroad. I wont say its the best, but the piece of mind it gives is the best. Whenever i goto mumbai from BLR, i preffer driving it down and back. A decent effeciency of 22 on highway it is cheaper than any flight. In 1 lac kms, i had 1 battery changed, twice tyre changed and regular servicing. The only problem is small tyres apart from it, I think its the best. It can be raced and have touched 140 Km/h on it. Now its old and 120 is decent enough. Even the works manager of my dealer in Mumbai tells me, if at all i plan to sell he will buy it.

hey asheesh i also have a zen lx 2001 model which has done 1,02,000 kms......i just adore my little zen ..the handling is quiet good and this is the car which comes close to a car with sporty handling...throw it into any corner and the car never dissaponts you....your zen seems to be quiet fuel efficient....my one now averages around 16 kmpl on highway and around 9.5-10 kmpl in city with 100 % ac usage....i just wish that the old zen comes with the engine of the swift petrol...it will be superb.....even i am a bit troubled with the low gc of the car and im planning to get 13 inch tyres fitted so the gc might improve a bit !!!!!

Have you not started a new thread on the exhaust issue. You should avoid multiple psots/threads on the same topic.

The Zen is a beauty on all counts. My son had a Zen 1997 (I also had a 1997 auto, both carb) and later an Alto VX. These were supposedly comparable cars with the latter more powerful as well.

We will take the Zen any day. It is a fun car with a superb engine, and gearbox. Also the suspension is far better.

I beg to differ from you. Its a thread about ZEN. Generally zen is considered as a reliable vehicle. Though some websites autoindia.com rate it as 3 of 10. I expect we can share the issues neone is having with Zen and share views. I hopre its not a bad idea.

I beg to differ from you. Its a thread about ZEN. Generally zen is considered as a reliable vehicle. Though some websites autoindia.com rate it as 3 of 10. I expect we can share the issues neone is having with Zen and share views. I hopre its not a bad idea.

With whom are you arguing? I do not see any adverse post. I hope you are not emulating Don Quixote!

Incidentally both our Zen's had 13:" wheels as OE.

Maruti went from 13" to 12" due to rim bending in harsh conditions. My son had to get his rims straightened every few months in Manipal. I never faced this in Kanpur. Also, when his car was with our daughter for four years in Gwalior I do not think the rims needed straightening even once.

Of course going from 13" to 12" compromised the handling of the car.

Zen is a fantastic car. My uncle's zen di has clocked 172000 and is still doing good despite his rash driving habit. He doesnot have any problems in getting regular servicing spares, though he got a bearing related to engine after 2 weeks. It is very reliable and he has no intention to sell his car.

Just went to Pune and back to BLR last weekend.

This car has surprises for me every time. I could get efficiency of read it

23.49 KM/L.

And in BLR the worst i have got is 16.2 Kms

Had valve timing done again. Pick up has increased like a new one. Amazingly

I also have 01 lx zen and it has done only 18000km but Fe I am getting is about 10-13kpl may be due to some rusting or resistance in some body part overall it has the best gears after swift family.

i am amazed by the kind of fe of your zen..the car has run how many kms ?????  my zen lx 2001 has done now 1,05,000 kms but the fe has come down now to about 11 in city(using or not using ac doesnt matters). cant comment about highway cause this car hardly visits the highway.

yup!!!1' date='11000.is really very much!!...so you have another car also or you are still using it??:-)[/quote']

We have a Indigo but thats with my dad in Orrisa and this baby is with me in BLR , day in and day out long or short trips, mostly to Mumbai

yeah with that kind of speeds you can surely get figures like these....even my zen with ac on for whole journey and full load driven in speeds of 100-120 kmph averaged close to 19 kmpl in its last journey !!!!

well my zen has completed 1,05,000 kms...due to it being winter in delhi i dont need to use an ac so mileage has gone upto about 12 kmpl in city....i am happy coupled with the decrease in fuel prices !!!!