Zal D

Yamaha FZ16 Thread.

Hi,

I read crazycat, sandy & tappet talking about the front number plate, I have also seen many of the guys riding the YZ with the front plate fixed over the front visor.

Come on guys how can you bear to ride the bike with a front plae fixed like that.

Get a white radium sticker pasted on the front mudguard and the digits in black over it. It looks neat and solves the frontplate problem.

gettit!!!!

had first close look of the FZ16 today morning. someone in our society bough it recently. its rear wheel was chained so that no one could steal it. looks cool in meat. i think it has broader tires thatn the R15. looks mascular.

Also read a comparison between FZ16, Pulsar 150, Apache RTR and Hunk in overdrive magazine today.

Topspeed is 106.7 kmphits less than the pulsar  and RT (111kmph) and even the hunk beats it at 108 kmph. Also its slower to the 0-80, 0-100 race. only third fastest of the lot for acceleration. And its the costliest. nearly 9k more than the cheapest hunk out of the 4 bikes compared.

But ofcourse the looks take it all. For average commuter that will mater more that outright performance.

yeah vtec its the new looks with that muscular lining in fz is taking it for yamaha. and also it did changed the way for 150cc bikes to be just FE and black alloys theme to this one. havent seen it but the news created by this one says it.

No doubt FZ-16 is costliest of the current 150cc lot and on paper its performance figures doesn't justify the higher price tag.But a small test ride of just 5 min will disappear all fears regarding Value for money.

It is not just the outright performance that only matters but how it is being delivered.......

It is far more refined than Pulser and RTR. Gearbox is also precise and showers quality all around.

In handling department quick turn in city is just fun.....but similarly cornering in highways at high speed is also reassuring..thanks mainly to high centralisation of mass.

In crowd it draws attention like no ther bike in this segment can....

The feel-good factor, quality factor , novelty factor all are pretty much evident....just look at the massive headlamp,even more massive rear tyre,exposed chain, short & stout silencer, solid looking alloy clamp plate and handlebar,chick footrest...the list is pretty long

Detailing is simply awesome and has set a very high benchmark for others to folllow.This is year or two ahead of the current generation of 150cc bikes.

About performance : this bike is city oriented and that is where its customer base would be. And how many of us go past beyond 80kmph in city. And till then its low end performance is enough to stay with the competitors.

To compare Fz with RTR or Pulser is just like comparing iPhone with N-96.Performance of nokia is better but it fall flat when comes to desirability.

Similar is with Fz.It is definetely costlier but the extra money spent will bring a wider grin.

i got FZ on 2nd november. I am going to get first servicing done on coming saturday.

FE is not good as compared to other 150cc......although its not a head ache for me,but I am getting around 40 only (all in city no highway)

I used to get  around 47 in Unicorn so i think FZ is thirstier by atleast 5km/pl as compared to Unicorn.

@tappet: I ve already submitted 2-3 post in this thread regarding its performance,look,handling etc.

Also comparo between FZ & RTR(FI) is out in BIKE mag. All i can say that Bike mag his buttressed my believe that FZ is best in its segment.

It is practically quicker than RTR in the city although peak output of RTR is more than 2PS ahead of FZ. How...mainly because its superb low end grunt and super cool city oriented handling.

In highway though RTR scores over it and i believe pulser and Hunk too can beat it for Top speed....but mind you margin is not huge.One more important thing: stability of FZ in highway is better than RTR and Pulser due to its longer wheelbase and superb rear tyre.So it gives u confidence to actually ride at pretty high speed.Also while RTR and pulser vibrates seriously beyond 7000 rpm FZ is pretty refined almost like Unicorn-the current benchmark.

In the ghats the amazing control provided by monosuspension trumps RTR in the long corners although later scores in short corners as it is compacty and nimble with more power.

So guys although figure suggested that FZ's achiles hil is its performance but in real world driving this is far from true.It is infact more fun,more refined and more reassuring.

But its the FE which may be a hindrance for many prospective buyers.

As far as look,features etc are concerned it has no equals.

So all in all FZ: the best allrounder is here to rule in Indian Market for a long time to come.smiley2.gif

Guy'z   ..can u help me choose a bike im confused between p200 an FZ ....im  6 ft tall...nd will it suit me.....asfar as the desigh ,engineering ,etx,etx, FZ= ROCKS coz its YAMAHA.... i dont wanna regret after bying it....i saw @chinthan's pic's it ook kindof  s small on HIM .....HELP!!!!!!!!! ive checked both the spec's t wheel base ... almost same for both (+- 5mm ) ..seat height 's also same...but it looks lik a kind0f small  muscular toy byke ........ HELP.....plzsmiley19.gif.....

Hi telectroguy,

even i was concerning very much like u but finally i bought FZ, i m very happy with it. it is comfortable. I extensively read all post regarding height and i came to know that, even a person with height 6'2" has bought FZ, when u ride it u'll feel it bigger bcoz of its tank, ride p200 imediately after that it will feel smaller. so, my advice is to forget p200

had first close look of the FZ16 today morning. someone in our society bough it recently. its rear wheel was chained so that no one could steal it. looks cool in meat. i think it has broader tires thatn the R15. looks mascular.

Also read a comparison between FZ16' date=' Pulsar 150, Apache RTR and Hunk in overdrive magazine today.

Topspeed is 106.7 kmphits less than the pulsar  and RT (111kmph) and even the hunk beats it at 108 kmph. Also its slower to the 0-80, 0-100 race. only third fastest of the lot for acceleration. And its the costliest. nearly 9k more than the cheapest hunk out of the 4 bikes compared.

But ofcourse the looks take it all. For average commuter that will mater more that outright performance.
[/quote'] dude, who told you this is the maximum speed of yamaha fz16. The official maximum speed is 132kmph and personally i tested is more then 115 kmph while thr was still room for some more. And also will like to tell My yamaha Gladiator had gone beyond 112 kmph many times on DND flyover, connecting Delhi and noida. 

Company's claim are not always true. They give high figures to sell their bike/car. Top speed of FZ is 109kph according to ACI. Considering our traffic, top speed is of less importance. What is needed is torque, which FZ has more and less gear shifts. You can move your vehicle in 2nd gear with very little effort.

Last Friday, i tested my FZ's potential. It is simply superb. Power delivery is great and it can stay ahead of other 150cc bikes for sure. The more days pass on, the more I love my FZ. FZ rocks.

@karan, till date i've not tried to reach the topspeed. The max i went is 84kph.

I read in an online FZ community in Orkut that new colors are expected to arrive soon. A member in that community said that he spotted a Silver/grey FZ  testing. But why should a launched bike do testing?

I already saw yellow and Blue FZ(it seems that they painted it) in two dealers in Coimbatore and they looked good. Hope to see the new colors soon as it is very easy to change FZ's color by spending around 3ksmiley2.gif.