Zal D

Yamaha FZ16 Thread.

i have ridden the bike many times...my friend have one...it took abt 22 secs for me to do 0-100 whereas in p200 i did the same in 16 secs..difference of whopping 6 secs...i m totally a performance freak n like to squeez every bit of power from engine..still i like FZ for looks,quality and reliability but i dont want to regret afterwards for compromising on performance..

I'd suggest you to avoid FZ, given your power requirements. Try R15, it would suit you very well with fored pistons and top-end power along with ride, handling, quality and reliability.

@ anjan, can't u keep both RX 100 and FZ?once sold, you might never get the RX 100 back. you would surely miss it. its an enigma, a mystery..I had a friend who sold off his RX 100 and got a new bike. but after  sometime, he started missing his RX and we jointly did a hunt for his old RX and it took more than 1.5 years to track it down. by the time, it had changed over 3 owners. Now, my friend is happily riding his old RX which he brought back from the last owner after paying the price that guy asked. In a way it shows the emotional atatchment RX can create. IMHO, you shouldn't even think of disposing your baby.

Hi ,

while going to Noida from Meerut yesterday I saw these 3 Motorbikes with UP-16 Numberplate and these motorcycles were masked from front. I suddenly realized that these were Test bikes and from front it had big fairing.

IMAGE_044.jpg

Which bike you are referring? FZ? else start a new thread for that.

To upload pics, go to imageshack.us. Upload pic, resize it to 640*480. Then copy the link and paste here.

There is new that the R15 will get some performance upgrade and the Fi will be remaps to get more power. They are also considering a slightly bigger rear tyre.

my bro crashed my FZ last week.no major damages.few scratches and half broken front brake lever ...these(below)  were the parts replaced..i have listed their price..

Protector Muffler--Rs222.00

Image0165.jpg

Air Shroud--Rs180.00

Image0166.jpg

Scoop & Guide air--Rs205.00

Image0167.jpg

.the front brake lever costs Rs55.00

Protector Muffler,Air Shroud,Scoop & Guide air were the names of these parts printed on the bill..

.hope this info will be useful if you have to replace these parts..if

you have replaced your FZ parts..post the price of the parts..

My FZ was also crashed long back. My friend had made it. It costed around Rs. 5200 rupees. Will update complete details when i reach home(after a week), as i'm in Chennai now. Surprisingly i found FZ's parts cheaper than P150(found out with my friend, who recently fixed his P150)

Does anyone know how to remove the pricol speedo cable from the front wheel?coz my bike has aready past 500 kms and the srevice wala is in a audit. and wont take my bike for service and i don't want to keep my bike on it's atands for long....

I'm from the UK, I visited India on holiday a few months ago and saw the FZ16 and my jaw dropped. We don't have anything this stunning for sale in the UK. I'm thinking of importing one to ride here. Do you guys see any problems that could arise ?. Are these made to a good international standard or just good enough for the Indian market ?

I'm from the UK' date=' I visited India on holiday a few months ago and saw the FZ16 and my jaw dropped. We don't have anything this stunning for sale in the UK. I'm thinking of importing one to ride here. Do you guys see any problems that could arise ?. Are these made to a good international standard or just good enough for the Indian market ? [/quote'] You may not get international quality of the superbikes of UK but it is the best quality in India ,but given a choice why import a 14bhp bike.

Avoid prolonged operation above 4500 r/min.After every hour of operation' date=' stop the engine, and then let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.Vary the engine speed from time to time. Do not operate the engine at one set throttle position.IMG']smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle[/img]

i have been operating at constant throttle, will it make any harm?