Zal D

Yamaha FZ16 Thread.

Does anyone have any idea if the FZ16 will be sold in other countries? 
i think yamaha has other good bikes with powerful engine and many other countries dont like to have 150cc's....Only indians are crazy about that

Please someone help me out with the mirrors. It doesn't look nice on the bike.

try may be the apache rtr one they look pretty decent when compared to the fz mirrors !!!!!!!!!

AND one more thing if anyone get hold of the bike plz post a good review about the bike , coz waitin for new year to buy the bike after a complete review of the bike and wat is its true on road capabilities are !!!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday , i have bought this black cutie .. in 68300/- in faridabad

well , mirrors and front no. plate irritate me .. these mirrors are same as crux and alba .. yuk yuk ..

dealer told me it's better to write number on front mudgard when permanent comes up .. and i think he was right..

well there is enough talk about torque .. so don't need to explain ..

lucky you!!smiley20.gif

hey why cant we add the number plate at the usual location - i mean in between Headlamp & Mudguard??

is there some other option for number plate & mirrors...

Dipendra, as mentioned in the previous post - y dnt you try with apaches mirrors & tell us how it lookssmiley2.gif

Honestly .. far from driving a apache i don't get even chance to look at it ...

it's all pulsars and pulsars... so forget about it's mirrors... as u guys suggest .. i might look at apache mirrors..

..For  No. plate on usual location ... they said they made wind tunnels.. to air into them and cool the engine (as bike is air cooled )..

No the number plate cannot be added to the usual locations. With long travel suspension' date=' it will definitely crash. I saw FZ16 doing stoppie and there is no place for the number plate. [/quote']

hmmm, u r right crazy cat!! the below pictue clearly shows that the Number Plate cant be fit at the regular place.....

fz2.jpg

so whr do we place it then?

The Yamaha dealer is recommending to stick the number on front Mudguard. Why Yamaha is not giving preference to number plate. I've seen Gladiator's(RS and SS) number on the front fairing and the case is same on R15 too.

Does anybody got delivary in Kolkata ? Booked one at East Ind. Sup. Corp. on 20th Sept. & they promished to deliver it today.But when I called them today they said it could take another 4 - 6 weeks ! I don't know what's going on. I have already paid them in full. 

yesterday ' date=' i have bought this black cutie .. in 68300/- in faridabad

well , mirrors and front no. plate irritate me .. these mirrors are same as crux and alba .. yuk yuk ..

dealer told me it's better to write number on front mudgard when permanent comes up .. and i think he was right..

[/quote']

Hi.. plz give a detailed review of the bike. What is the mileage, top speed and how the pickup is?

yesterday ' date=' i have bought this black cutie .. in 68300/- in faridabad

[/quote']

Hi.. plz give a detailed review of the bike. What is the mileage, top speed and how the pickup is?

yeah dipendra congrats, you're one of the first to have got delivery of this long awaited FZ16 on our forum. Hope you'll come out with a splendid review soon.

Thank you so much .. guys ..

though i never write  reviews ... so let me try :)

I never go beyond 70kmph simply because i don't want to mess with engine in first month only ...and mileage it gives about 35-40 kmpl(about 38) at city conditions : as far as pic up is concerned it it zooms to 0-40kmph quickly .. even in first gear it goes beyond 20kmph .. pic up is best in class (that's all i wanted )..

but  .. when in 5th gear .. i  can feel it is only 13.8bhp :)

but all of these compensate when u put this bike on road ..  pulsar and hunk  is no match for it in looks department.

However i am quite satisfied with performance of this bike . but i know .. no bikes comes with problem free ..  when i rode it in road back Tyre create sound with road .. i don't know it is problem or a feature .. ;)

and i likes its wide handle(like bullets) .. that's make handling very easy  to me .. may be not same for all ..

i have bought from green automobiles ,faridabad .. i know, i am not gonna buy anything from them again .. nor i do my serviceing there ... rude .... girgit ki tarah rang badalte hain .. ek baar paise de do .. bas they don't care at all ..

but personally i suggest if u are going for pulsar 150 vs FZ then go for Fz but if pulsar 200 vs FZ is concered then go for pulsar 200...

pros : suspension ,pic up ,looks,handling

cons: milage,post delivery service