Juggernaut

New Skoda Superb...

Hi All,

Today, on my way to work, I saw the Skoda Superb in disguise form. My work is near the Bangalore Bosch office.  And I get to see 'soon to be released' cars from time-to-time doing some simple testing in and around this area. I clicked a few pics using my iPhone.  But, since I only have a learner's license, I cannot upload the pics.  If one of the administrators or a member with Advanced license can let me know your email address, I can forward the pictures to your email ID and you could probably publish them.

Thanks,

Juggernaut (Kumar)

Bangalore

are u sure that it was new superb only???if yes then its really great!!

....to upload pics there no such need to have bigger licence...just go to www.imageshack.com to upload pic.......am waiting for them...plz post as soon as possible..!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-09-29 13:06:47

So Guys.....here are the pics snapped by alert ACI FORUM member JUGGERNAUT(KUMAR)...... thanks for the excellent pics juggernaut!!(Mods kindly watermark them)

img00851qa3.jpg

img00811mz1.jpg

....more to follow.........

Thanks Vibhor.  From the looks of it, the car is under-going Bosch product testing. I would say, this will take another 1-2 months before it is ready for launch. I saw the Fabia like this and it took a month before it was launched.

Also, inside the Bosch facility, I hear there are disguised versions of: Tata's MPV (Innova beater), Mahindra's MPV, Nano, Hyundai i20 etc. Hope even these cars would make a quick visit to the outside world...!

I agree... they could have done a better job with the back.  Anyway, the tail lights are a direct pick off the Jaguars!!  Anyway, considering Skoda's parent company VW is struggling with the Passat in the same segment, they might not allow huge price advantage. They are looking at a lowering the Passta's price by a few lakhs of rupees in the coming months.  That would make it under the 25 lakh segment.  Which would mean, this Superb would have to be still lower!!  Which is a good thing ---

Also, the boot is a two way set-up.  It opens both, just the boot lid and along with the rear glass. That's what has made them compromise on the rear design. Personally, this feature is pretty useless. No one in this segmemt (25 lakh +) would want to feel like they are driving a hatch-back.

well the new superb will be a worthy competitor to the new honda accord and with the diesel advantage its gonna sell...the problem why the previous superb dint sell because it resembled octavia a lot but now the identity crisis has been resolved !!!!

according to the news superb will have a common rail diesel engine finally but not the 6 cylinder avatar....a 6 cyl common rail diesel will put its performance in league with cars like a6 and 5 series  !!!!