sanzgod

Shud i wait for FZ 16 r go with Pulsar 200?

Hey guys, im quiet new to this forum & before posting my questions i did go thru few crazy & many interesting conversations among the active team members.

I was just waiting for the festive season to buy Pulsar 200cc for me. Now i saw FZ 16 & the problem started. Im totally confused on which one to opt for! I googled for FZ 16 & went thru few reviews. I liked the design & a completely impressive look of FZ 16. But still feel that Bajaj is Bajaj.

Guess FZ16 will be out today! So hoping that u guys can kick out my confusion.

Thanks in advance.....

Hi Sanzgod wellcome to the forum

in my opinion go for yamaha Fz16. its stylish muscular very different looking bike in india today. though its 160 cc(actually 153) but its very apealling. pulsar is very common now a days in india.

just check out the design style personally (visit nearest dealer)take a test ride i am sure you will like the fz16. after all Yamah is Yamaha.go for fz16  

Buddy ur answer lies in ur question: Bajaj is Bajaj.

It can never compete with Japanese when it comes to quality & reliablity. Till now its forte has been look & VFM.

Now as far as look is concerned dont u think pulser would look a generation older when parked alongside FZ-16.

So if u want to spent ur hard earned on a quality product than FZ-16 is for u.Or if want to extract max value out of ur money(i.e.200cc engine with more power) than go for Pulser.

But I am willing to go for FZ-16 and is ready to wait for a month.

yeah! i do agree that FZ16 has got THE style in it, Any idea whats the pricing? cos according to the Yamaha its costing aroung 65k, when i called a Showroom in hyd, they said its 75k.? Does any one know the correct pricing?

Its 75k in Bangalore as well!

I would suggest you to prioritize your need. Pulsar 200 is tried and tested.

Yamaha is not! and Yamahas are not doing too well with whatever releases they are coming up with post RX bikes.

If you want to go for looks and "Brand New" tag and a die hard Yamaha fan, Go for FZ16( i would loved it to have a bigger engine though). The reviews are good making it a good bike for a 150cc.

You also have a option of Pulsar 220 which has good looks and a big heart!

hmm, im thinking abt ur suggestion "itssanguine"

im just waiting for the on-road pricing & on-road performance of this FZ16.

i have seen few reviews where in there are some disadvantages of FZ16 r listed, like pilion seat very small & tail lamp looks crappy.

sharash, dont you think 220cc looks overdone with its extra fittings like old LML Adreno.....

by the way! whats up with the mileage of 200cc & 220cc??

The Pulsar 200 has lost its identity with the 4 pulsar varients, as they all share the same looks.

FZ16 is totally new and a very capable machine. But dont know how it may perform in the long run.

Deepak DS

Hi SANZGOD and welcome to the forum. I would suggest you to go with the FZ16 as Pulsar 200 is a very slight improvement over 180 both in looks and performance which is itself a slight improvement over 150. Moreover, all the pulsar range looks similar and does not stand out in crowd except 220 with bigger fairing.

if you dont want to take a chance with FZ16, then you may try Karizma or Pulsar 220 if your budget allows.

sharash' date=' dont you think 220cc looks overdone with its extra fittings like old LML Adreno.....

by the way! whats up with the mileage of 200cc & 220cc??[/quote']

mileage of p200 is around 35 and p220 is 40 coz of fi engine so little bit better then carb cousin p200 !!!!!!!

karizma very bad mileage of 30 ,my friend had to go back to his activa for city driving coz of all the traffic in bangalore mileage was sometimes lesser than 30!!!!!

fz is still not tested so dont know but can expect 45 i think coz of smaller engine !!!

so it all comes down to wat kind of use your bike is going to be for ???

if for long distance touring and minimal city use you can go for karizma or p220 !!! (my fav is karizma here even through i dont like herohonda bikes in the looks dept)

for mainly city use and some long distance comutes you can look at both p200 and fz !!!!! (my fav is bajaj p200 still coz it is hamara bajaj but i would have fz also any day coz it comes from the makers of the legend  rx100 ,rx 135, RD 350)in these two bikes if you want mileage go for fz !!!!!!!!

(if mileage is your biggest concern then forget all the above and go for honda unicorn which will give a mileage of 50-53 one fo my friends thanks me till this day for suggesting unicorn and saving him lots on his fuel bills !!!!)

guys! i really thank you all for ur good suggestions with good reasoning. My drive would be in HYD & thats one of the hectic places to drive. distance i travel shud be not less than 50kms a day. Till now, i havent thought abt mileage, coz thats not in a high priority list for me. im planning to take a test drive for P200, FZ16 & Unicorn. Lets see which suits my stylish needs.

thanks all again smiley2.gif : more suggestions are welcomed.

No, I haven't seen any FZ16 on road as its officially launched on 1st and I will have to wait for longer to see it here at HARIDWAR. But considering your daily running of 50kms in hectic traffic conditions, i thing that FZ16 will be the most flickable bike and joy to ride because of its high torque figures.

You can also check out RTR FI as its priced similarly and is a very good bike to ride in traffic due to short wheelbase.

Hi guys, has anyone of here booked FZ-16.I ask my nearest dealer at Panipat but he told me that bookings have been stopped due to production constrains. But bookings in delhi are going on. I think either Yamaha is playing a discriminatory role or my dealer is a dumb.Can u people give some advice????

Hey! I'm in a similar situation. I decided to buy the bike int eh first week of september when i heard of its launch in mid-September. Then i went to showrooms and they told me Oct1. Now I'm being told Oct 15th is when the first lot of bikes will come. Isn't this a bit fishy now? I definitely want a bike before Diwali and am now considering the Apache RTR Fi or even the P200.

I have seen pulsar 200 it has got the same looks. I like the new Yamaha FZ16 it looks different. Yamaha will again rock the road. I think you should wait for FZ16

=====================

pamal

worldinfo<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This is my personal experience on RTR F1. My coleague got a RTR F1 4 months ago & when we drive this bike on 60 r more speed, engine vibrates & we can feel it while driving..... Dont knw whether others had same issues with RTR F1.....

Suggest you to please check before going for it.

RTR is horrible byke.. it even doesn't match performance of pulsar..

Go for FZ 16... its performance is on par with any of this segment bike.. totally a way ahead of all existing bykes in 150  or 180 cc segment...

i had seen and had test ride of FZ-16.. its sexy .. looks l ike justa super byke,... no bike till date was as sexy and eye catching as it is..

Here are few things i found hot:

bike has   got centre shockers...

bike is first bike in indian market having wide back tyre and tube less tyres in byke.

it s looks are muscular n sexy...

it doesnot vibrates at even top speed.. very smooth... while al other bykes in this segment  starts vibrating at 80 plus speed.. it is smooth even at 110 plus speed..

its engine has 5 gears and has powerful engine   ... n  pick up/engines of yamaha bikes are most  good and technically sound in all world bikes

its is kick less bike.. has a powerful self start system

technically too perfect..

n  sooo ooonnnnnnn...

i found it amazing.. so i am also booking the same bike.. but only thing is it will be in market after 10 th oct and is only avalable on advance bookings.. i will get it only after 20th now,... but i think i can wait for mnth to get best thing in market

Ritesh bhai! you r suuuuuper.....

i was eagerly waiting for such a response on YAMAHA FZ16..... After reading this one i shud be a fool to even think abt other bikes.....

well this bike is too good with those looks and finishing and its yamaha so quality technology is must though a bit on expensive side this one is to go for....pulsar and all are nothing in front of this..

well ritesh i dont know about other bikes but karizma doesnt vibrates at all at even 110 or more ....

I heard a lot about karizma thru u guys, even that one sound like a good option for me to go for.....howzz the performance, mileage & cost when compared with fz16 & p200?? Yamaha's delay is making me so confused to decide on my bike.....

buddy go for yamaha though its segment lower and thus has low power but karizma though a very good performer and still holds value but it will get replaced soon with new model and new technologies...but now also i prefer karizma when compared with p200 coz i have seen and heard lots of quality issues with bajaj and thus will not go for it..

but now its yamaha all the way either fz16 or r15...if u need to wait then wait for sometime and go for it but still if not both the yamahas then its karizma all the way