vibhor

Maybach 62 spotted in Delhi!!!

smiley1.gifHi friends!!...this one was intresting so i thought to share with u all!!...a very alert team bhpian spotted the MAYBACH 62 in Delhi!!!!....special thanks to 'sidindica' a teambhpian...for amazing pics!....so guys check out these wonderful pics of MAYBACH 62!!!.....smiley17.gif.

54970d1222859956t-maybach-62-1.jpg

54971d1222859956t-maybach-62-2.jpg

54972d1222859956t-maybach-62-3.jpg

54973d1222859956t-maybach-62-4.jpg

54974d1222859956t-maybach-62-5.jpg

(Pic courtesy: Sidindica a teambhpian..thanks!!)

It must just fit in my driveway; perfect...just imagine getting caught in a traffic jam in this: I'd break into a 'coldsweat' even with the Maybach's a/c in full blast, imagine getting pranged by a careless biker or autorickshaw. It will need a convoy of lesser cars to protect it all round.

The current Maybach in India is priced at Rs 4.5 cr.  This one will tip off Rs. 5 cr. for sure!! This is over a crore more than the Roller... But, the Roller is a different ball game altogether. The Roller is for feeling princely - someone who would want to feel like they have the royal blood flowing in them. Amar Singh, Jaipur Maharaja, Stud farm owners etc.  But, the Maybach would make one feel like the high-flying honcho... head of a very successful business empire etc. Someone like the Ambani's or the Mittal's would suit this car better.

I, for one, would suit best in a Honda City!!!

Just a trivia... The first Maybach owner, was put behind bars!

Guess why? He was the owner of the Manikchand group - and gifted this car to his 18yr. old daughter (this is some 4 yrs ago)!!!  IT raided his coffers & was put behind bars, 3 months after he gifted it to his daughter. Pheww...some people, I tell you ----

I'm sure his daughter would not have been able to tell the difference between a Contessa & C class. Let alone a Maybach!

But, the irony of life is, the people who 'can' tell the difference, cannot afford one! Hahahahahahaaa...

The Maybach has achieved the dubious distinction of becoming the worst seeling car of this year. As per MSN, it has sold from Jan-Sept 08, hold your breath, just one car in eight months.

Maybach 57/62: 1 sale so far in 2008

AEE257BFD587F231BDE62EC95D49F.jpg

If Maybach is aiming for exclusivity it's going the right way about it, the sum total of its sales so far in 2008 amounting to ... one car. Whether it's the credit crunch, a rare attack of eco awareness or simply the realisation that money don't buy taste, the Mercedes-derived uber-limo hasn't exactly got super-rich buyers queuing up.

It's not like there isn't a market for six-figure limos either, Rolls-Royce selling 146 Phantoms over the same period. All rather embarrassing for parent company Mercedes, which, as our Tom found out recently, has a rank of the cars lurking in a back lot at its flagship Brooklands sales outlet. Pop along and see what kind of deal they'll offer...

Like they say that money cant buy taste.

Eventhough this car is too good, as i said before, the PHANTOM intimidates you. You look at it in awe! Follow this simple test, which car would you prefer among these two? Which is more likely to find its way as poster in bedroom walls?

Its the looks that matter the most in these exuberantly priced cars which are fully luxurious. The Phantom just steals the show when it comes to styling

The 'shock and awe' effect of the Phanthom is missing, it looks like an extended S class. I think uber limo's should give aerodyanamics a 'go by' and have a front end as ornate as the 'Bulandh Darwaza' and be as long as an 'Anaconda'. Should be a 'real palace on wheels'.