FuelRunGod

New Honda City Test Drive Report

Thanx FRG for the indian pics...ya surely indian version looks better than Thai same as done with Corolla too...

there are no alloys but these caps too looks good...

I think Indian City's suspension has been raised..What Say???

@archit = actually, mainly because of alloys!....i like its beige interiors which are much much better than thai version!...but thats my personal choice only! :-)

but whats the reason??!? why honda dosen't want to sell it now??smiley17.gif

B'coz they want to get rid of the ZX stocks which may be difficult to sell simultaneously with the 'E' Base Model of the new city.

Any Idea why Ichibaan Honda (Kalina-Mumbai) and Arya Honda Worli Showrooms have shut shop just before the New City Launch smiley25.gif.

The New City Still not arrived in showrooms. I was given a date of 7th Oct by one dealer and 3rd week by another. Now the 1st one says 10th and 2nd 15th Oct.

Hi, I just saw the city in the showroom today and it looks pretty good. Front is just like the civic in the U.S, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the boot space. I was disappointed it didn't have fog lamps, xenon headlamps etc. but interior looks good for a city. I'll take my ipod tomorrow and try to plug it in to test the sound system.

I'm in the proces of booking one and the dealer says deliveries start around 15th of november, is this accurate?? or does it take longer than they predict?. Unfortunately the car is not availible for test drive until november too because they just have 1 model which is a bummer :(

but whats the reason??!? why honda dosen't want to sell it now??smiley17.gif

B'coz they want to get rid of the ZX stocks which may be difficult to sell simultaneously with the 'E' Base Model of the new city.

Any Idea why Ichibaan Honda (Kalina-Mumbai) and Arya Honda Worli Showrooms have shut shop just before the New City Launch smiley25.gif.

The New City Still not arrived in showrooms. I was given a date of 7th Oct by one dealer and 3rd week by another. Now the 1st one says 10th and 2nd 15th Oct.
oh thanks raj!!

..but they should have been cleared up the stock before launching new city!smiley1.gif

even i prefer biege interiors though the car i presently drive has grey interiors..i wonder why every car manufacturer offers grey interiors in thailand !!!

they offer different options

for example civic here has 3 options for interiors

GREY

BEIGE

PURPLE MIX WITH BEIGE

very well review from a TeamBHPian....Yup the climate control should have helped and even looked better than these cheap looking AC knobs which seems to be of Not so good quality..

And 1 thing i want to ask is , New City misses only CD player or even MP# player..

An excellent car now my short list (for 2009) is Altis, Civic, City.

I do find a few omissions in the City annoying (I think I have brought it up elsewhere as well). These are the absence of rear discs, climate control, CD player ( hear an OE unit costs over 10k!) , alloys and finally IRS!

i just had the first glimse of the new city at the Linkway Showroom at malad.

i went to book the vehicle but came back quite dissappointed.

My first impressions:

The exteriors look as good as seen in pics. The headlight looks really cool, though i think it could have been designed even better.

Looking at the interior pics, i was aware of the not so good quality of the a/c nobs, but i was surprised to see the seat fabric of the SMT model. It was no better than the oem fabric in my 2005 swift. I still love the beige covers on my 2005 gxi city (simply too good). Sad to see Honda has taken a back step instead of going forward. The steering was really good though.

Also the pics of the interior on the Brochure show Beige colour on the door plastics but was it was not to be. The plastics were light Grey and looked aweful and CHEAP. I would readily pay another 10k for better looking and quality interiors. And i think 90% buyers will agree with me. The interior was said to be 2 toned but it is 3 toned.

I was going to book the SMT or SAT but Looking at the overall interiors, i decided that i would have to upgrade the seat covers and probably the door upholstry, i thought it wise to go for the EMT as the extra 50k for the SMT seems no good comparing apples to apples. Couln't test the Music player as i was not carrying the Usb Cord of my mp3 player. The radio on the player was OK at best.

Also would like to add that a lot of accessories on the Thai model go amiss in India. For starters a 6 six speaker system gets converted into 4 speaker system. The alloys are gone and gone are the fogs. The interior apart fom the speedo and steering wheel was no good than my Swift and thats dissappointing for a 9 lac car.

Moreover Honda is providing leather covers ,fogs and alloys on the outgoing model which is much cheaper . The dealer did not take my booking for the EMT and after tadays 1000 pt fall on the sensex , i'll rather wait a little though and may be decide after the test drive or maybe next year.  

I also had my 1st. bad experience with the new City. I received an Email from local dealer requesting me to check out the car, though I was'nt very excited, as in heart of heart's I knew that so much hype would certainly fizzle out on seeing the car. Still, I went to catch a glimpse & to my utter disappointment, there was no car on display. I had to cover around 30km to see the car, but for the *****ic dealer, I abused him thoroughly & made up my mind that now when I get a chance to take it on TD, I would vent out all my anger on it!

From Raj's post, its evident that Honda has used the scalpel with impunity & would be selling the car on mere hype created by its looks. Their 1st. move only had put me off when they went in for a soft launch, then later proper launch & finally starting deliveries so late. Customers should not make a beeline for this car, if they want Honda to provide more worth.

I was just going through the Autocar Oct issue, first drive new city.

the dark grey interiors look better in the pics, even seat fabric looks better than the model launched. Mr. Sorabjee claimed the dark grey interiors were dull but i think he would agree with me when he get his hands on the indian spec.

Also the bright red colour on the Autocar July issue gives a killer and sporty look. And the bluish silver ( exec look ) from the off website could replace the regular silver shade.

One plus i missed out on was seat comfort. i think , on both front and back the seats are more comfortable than before though a long ride would make a better judgement. Expect typical honda reliability and refinement, though i have yet to test drive one.

But interior quality is Sorely Missing.

A lot of people who have blindfoldedly trusted honda and booked it without having a look at the interiors will be dissappointed as pics on brochure mislead prospective buyers. 

HONDA are you listening ?

ABOUT 2000 NEW HONDA CITY ALREADY BOOKED IN INDIA!!!smiley4.gif

Hey friends!!Honda has earned a repute for itself in India from its ultra reliable cars and of course, their sporty character (excluding the older City). The new City is no different and in spite its stiffer price tag, it has absorbed 2000 orders in just a month of its launch. The deliveries however are anticipated to start only by mid-November by when the order book would have swelled up by a few hundreds. As a result, expect a minimum waiting period of 2-3 months. The new City is the best sedan you can buy for under Rs. 9 lakh and you will need to get in line quick if you want this beauty in your garage anytime soon.

The sharp mini-civic styling and the brilliant 1.5l V-Tec has won the hearts of the people and many might look at it as a junior Civic rather than a grown-up City. This is just the start from Honda as this will be followed up with the Jazz, a smaller car below Jazz and new diesel motors(IAB)smiley17.gif

honda-city-01_648x440.jpg

honda-city-02_660x393.jpg

honda-city-04_660x430.jpg

honda-city-03_660x416.jpg
vibhor2008-10-25 07:04:46

Surprisingly Vibhor, the blue color shown here wil not be launched in india and i also went 2 c d new city and must say interiors r nt gr8, i find d interiors(beige) of old city better, just d dashboard is gud in new city, also d stereo has no cd, mp3 cd, cassette facility, d doors and handles luk cheap frm inside. d space under d rear windshield that is behind d rear seats where the speakers r thr is so stupid that u cannot keep anything on it, it wil jst fall, d space is tilted. also emt model is also wrth buyin seein d poor stereo and interior colors of smt but thn it wil b delivrd in march only, evn balck and bold beige metallic colors r not available now, so 1 has 2 jst agree by honda and buy else wait