FuelRunGod

New Honda City Test Drive Report

Looks like new City has not won many hearts in the interior dept!! I have seen many people waiting for the New City & Shifting their buy to a Fiesta/ SX4 after seeing the car . Not quite the usual Honda!! OD Nov issue says New City is marginally quicker than Sx 4 in 0-100 mark and the mileage is .3km more than SX4. If one upgrades the City tyres to higher profile i fear same mileage level of SX4smiley3.gif if OD test report is accurate!

ABOUT 2000 NEW HONDA CITY ALREADY BOOKED IN INDIA!!!

Hey friends!!Honda has earned a repute for itself in India from its ultra reliable cars and of course' date=' their sporty character (excluding the older City). The new City is no different and in spite its stiffer price tag, it has absorbed 2000 orders in just a month of its launch.

The sharp mini-civic styling and the brilliant 1.5l V-Tec has won the hearts of the people and many might look at it as a junior Civic rather than a grown-up City.

[/quote']

The claimed 2000 orders in 1 month figure is too low for the City.  Even the outgoing model used to sell 3000 units a month. (Correct me if i'm wrong)Given the fan following of the City in India , it should have been 6000-7000 bookings if not more , not withstanding the current global gloom. 

I was there in the showroom for 15-20 mins, and 6-7 other prospective buyers entered within that time frame , that too during afternoon time on a working day, but none of them booked it. Everybody felt the interiors plasticy and cheap quality (also the fabric). I know of 6 ppl in my relation alone who were waiting too buy the new city, some of them even sold their current car in anticipation seeing pics of the new city on the net and autocar, but everybody has been dissappointed with the interiors.

Its like buying 10.5 lac SAT model and getting interiors of a 4-5 lac car.

Buy it for the Reliability , Brand, Efficiency, Exteriors, Safety Features But ot for the Interiors.

As for me, I'm confused. Maybe wait 2-3 months for Honda to beef up the interiors which may not happen. Also now more inclined towards the New evo look Lancer ( which again my dad may not approve off only due to poor brand value and poor resale value)

I hope Honda is listening? smiley5.gif

Hey Vibor, can you do a vote on a new topic post for all prospective Honda City purchasers in the forum?

Poll Question:

Have you dropped purchase of the new City due to its Lacklustre / Cheap looking interiors ?

Booked it / Will book it without having looked / Test driven  the car 1st hand. ( Regardless of the interiors )

Dropped the idea of purchasing it after having a 1st hand look at the interiors.

Will Definately Buy it if the interiors and other features are beefed up.

Will Not buy the car regardless.

Hey Vibor' date=' can you do a vote on a new topic post for all prospective Honda City purchasers in the forum?

Poll Question:

Have you dropped purchase of the new City due to its Lacklustre / Cheap looking interiors ?

1. Booked it / Will book it without having looked / Test driven  the car 1st hand. ( Regardless of the interiors )

2. Dropped the idea of purchasing it after having a 1st hand look at the interiors.

3. Will Definately Buy it if the interiors and other features are beefed up.

4. Will Not buy the car regardless.
[/quote'] yeah!!sure raj!!smiley1.gif....or if you want you can only post the poll by yourself after gaining an intermidiate liscence just after your 5 more posts!!...you have reached to post count of 45 now so just after 5 more posts you willl be able to post poll in this forum!!smiley17.gif 

Had a chance to get a dekko at the New Honda City in Noida on the 15th...it looks and smells good...

I would have def. considered upgrading, but with below 20k kms on my 04 city, dont think i will get value for my existing city...so am not upgrading.

One does feel the absence of auto aircon; but paddle shift & new audio system - are way too cool; plug n play feature is excellent and usb based MP3 player users wont even need to charge their Mp3 player as it would charge when connected to the device!!!!

Overall, its a good package at the given price point!
Kinshuk2008-10-31 15:59:33

Honda doesnt have an option of alloys as told by the dealer. A car costing almost 10 Lacs should have this.

Also they are not confirming the booking as of now as not clear of the allocations.

Read in Overdrive this month issue.

Fuel Effeciency of City and SX4 on par. And verdict says SX4 still is better than City though by a margin.

City has 118 bhp and paddle shift going for it.

No one can beat the macho looks of the hybrid crossover sedan SX4 also VFM it hold in ZXi varient is too good .If one wants to go for city he could buy the SX4 and with the remaining money go for optional leather ,dual tone body paint and spoilers will be safe in this vehicle as it has enough ground clearance.

Honda doesnt have an option of alloys as told by the dealer. A car costing almost 10 Lacs should have this.

No alloys?????  Asheesh, are you sure??? If yes, then Its really a minus.. smiley6.gif...

@Rssh , Completely agreed buddy... Honda s are very good always... But the new city's price is a but unjustifiable... BTW I love the SX4's looks and High GC..

Once  It happened to park my XETA beside an SX4... When I saw both the cars from a fair distance, I was able to see that my XETA's height is only a little more than the boot of the SX4smiley18.gif.. Also, the top end Variant of SX4 comes with loads of options...

yes krace!!....new city doen't comes with alloys!..nor foglamps!...this is really a disappoitment!smiley6.gif..n its surprising tosee that a company like honda can do this with an expensive car!smiley3.gif

@Vibhor,

Oh buddy... Still I'm not able to believe...A car at about 10 lacs is not coming with alloys as option?????? That too from one of the Automobile giants????? Really pathetic...

Omission of alloys is a good thing, original alloys on Honda's never looked good, people always went in for aftermarket replacements. Though, price should also have been lower, if equipment is missing!

Omission of alloys is a good thing' date=' original alloys on Honda's never looked good, people always went in for aftermarket replacements. Though, price should also have been lower, if equipment is missing!

[/quote'] Well the vtec alloy looked not sport but bold which is what many people liked smiley4.gif .Omission of fog lamps mean that north Indian may have to put aftermarket one to sustain winter fogs. smiley5.gif

even i am also in one of those wh liked the stock alloys of Honda!..they were nice!...n as we have already disscussed in another thread that palio's stock alloys are also nice even after a decade!!:-)

The Swift earlier one and the current ones alloy with 7 &8 spokes resp. look good .

I saw the demo car of Honda yesterday and it looks good but overall it looks duller than the model it replaced.

well today i Test drove the all new Honda City and was impressed with the styling, comfort, interiors, and space and ofcourse Honda's build quality this time was even better and strong although the interior quality wasnt that good but still i have no complaints and yes the rear seat lacked good thigh support..

After seeing the car completely i went to test drive that car and was impressed as the steering position was perfect and engine was super smooth with mind blowing pick up and also the brakes were quite good..

At the rear the space was mind blowing as the front seat was slided to its fullest and still i being 6feet the space was just too good...The feeling of doors, boot lid was quite good, it was like not exactly german but close to it and was much better than previous Honda City's..

Overall the experience was good and i was impressed but still the steering was quite light to me and i felt that on highways it can be risky..

The only thing which wasnt good was lack of Climate control in 9.38lakhs car and also alloys but alloys can be fitted after market but not climate control..And also Honda have alloys for new city at Rs.45k for set of 4 i think..

But while considering my car at 14-15lacs budget, although this is much cheaper i will definately consider this car..

Thanks..

Nice BS!!.....hmm...so the steering is stll light as before!...the previous car had tooo light steering!..n as you said,its risky for highway driving but boon for city driving!....so is it same as before or there is a bit change?

..and also is ANHC really worth its price? smiley1.gif

vibhor2008-12-06 09:39:02

well the steering wasnt as light as previous one, but being light also it gave good feeling unlike old city which gave artificial steering feeling...

Regarding price, actually speaking if Climate control is given than i feel that this car feels upmarket likes of D segment cars in terms of looks, power, comfort, space, etc...Well it isnt that much expensive and yes its bit expensive but still its a good buy...As its name is CITY, people know that its C Segment car but i think once you feel this car, its looks like Dsegment car for sure ..