FuelRunGod

New Honda City Test Drive Report

Thanks Bluesapphire!..yeah!...previous model gave artificial steering feel!..

..so now its improved!thats nice!smiley17.gif

Actually, I also love this car very much!..n its far more better than previous!!....so are you planning o buy one? :-)smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-12-06 09:54:39

honda city is a very good car but the problematic things told to me some are

1. seating is very low and the front part of the car is not at all visible.

2. very thrifty on bells and whistles.sx4 is almost 1.5 lacs cheaper and it has many things which city lack.being close to 10 lacs it should have had climate control,alloy wheels and a basic cd player.

no its only have usb port and Aux-in port...no Cd player but biggest thing missing is Climate control and nowadays to me its necessary for 10lac car as i can also change my decision just because of this climate control..

Even in 1.6 Jetta petrol there is no climate control..

i dont think it makes much sense to buy jetta petrol because the car isnt good in performance taking close to 14-15 secs to get to 100 kmph and the fact that its fuel efficiency is close to 7-8 kmpl....buy only the jetta tdi or the civic/altis !!

ya mehul, i drove jetta Tdi yesterday only and though i loved that car (Looks, interiors though simple and black, features, safety, build quality, ride, comfort) but i didnt liked it driving coz the torque was so low that while taking U turn i can drive my spark in 2nd gear but when i tried the same with jetta, i failed and thus dissappointed and dealer said that its because its diesel and also the accelator was too hard but steering and gearshift and overall driving dynamics were excellent.. sorry am Offtopic..bluesapphire2008-12-07 10:59:20

but test drive vehicles are not maintained properly and basing your decision on them might not help...but rather than buying a jetta tdi i will love to buy sonata embera...the length of this car is the thing which attracts me a lot !!!!

As a part of its focus to strengthen its presence in the country, Michelin India Tyres Private limited today announced that they will supply the Energy XM1 tyre to the New Honda CITY. Michelin India is already an OE supplier to Honda Civic. Through this partnership, Honda Motors and Michelin, leaders in tyre technology expect to bring an ultimate driving experience for its customers in India.

"This initiative is part of our long term strategy for India and has also strengthened our relationship with Honda and we hope to continue with this relationship" said Mr. Jean Paul Caylar, the CEO of Michelin in India.

"Michelin Energy XM1 tyre complements this new model Honda city car and provides the best overall performance the customers expect from their vehicles like safety, low-noise level & low fuel consumption" added Mr. Caylar.

Mr. T. Natsume, Director, Sales & Marketing, Honda Siel Cars India, said "We are extremely pleased to have Michelin as the OE partner for New Honda CITY too. With this partnership, we are confident that our customers will enjoy a satisfying driving experience on our cars."

The Energy XM1 is designed for cars in the midsize segment. The Energy XM1 range of tyres have been developed using the Green "X" silica based compound, which not only reduces the rolling resistance, thereby reducing fuel consumption, but is also replacing Carbon Black, which is a fossil fuel derivativ

The new michlein tyres are too expensive and they could help reduce fuel consumption and parameters like braking and performance will also be improved but as many people have said that they don't last more than 15000km in Indian road. I think Michlein should make more India specific tyres.

Now, as i can see many New Honda City's in my city and most of them are with after market alloys and today i saw Grey City with some multispokes Aura alloys and i kept staring at that car as it was looking STUNNING....Just loved the styling especially with alloys and that grey colour..

Also saw some white city's with alloys but grey one was looking better...

Has any existing city owner swapped his/her car with the new one??

By the way, not many have bought the New City in Lucknow; the earlier variant of City was like omni present !

I think in this City v Linea war the winner will be Fiesta...as City is too expensive for its kit and Fiat is dodgy on A.S.S...the next best option is Fiesta!
Kinshuk2009-01-20 06:52:34

I dont think that winner is fiesta because not many fiesta's are selling..

I think we should wait to see more City's and the response of Linea..

If both doesnt works than Sx4 may be benefited for which the sales arent that high nowadays.

Well the car came to my house by kanpur dealer since my last car was purchased by them way back in 2007. The brand new honda city v-tech. The first impression when the car came to my house was a cool looks and regretting in heart we should have waited for this segment. The car feel is very different from the old one. The exterior & the interior is good no doubt about it. The pickup is more because of more bhp in the car from the old one.

Well the fuel effeciency is also good. over all this pacakge is good. Well still planning of swaping the car with the new one. Well there is no moods for it.