FuelRunGod

New Honda City Test Drive Report

Fiesta sales are down , inspite of the excellent VFM Fiesta S. Those who cant stretch their budget till 9 lacs would go for the Fiesta Petrol/SX4 . I think Fiesta TDCI sales are also down. I would like to see City sales after 2-3 months to see if it has Linea affect.

well the effect can be seen on the tele...both City & Linea can be seen on alternate ad-breaks!!

Honda have felt the threat, its now upto Fiat to act  & give some assurances as to their a.s.s
Kinshuk2009-01-22 10:21:18

due to the launch of the new city every other car in its segment is feeling d heat....d sales of sx4,fiesta are down and hyundai have withdrawn d verna to give it a facelift...my friend who has booked d city has been told to wait for atleast 15-20 days for d delivery of new city...and only in this month that honda has launched d city e variant...so honda will be the segment leader and i dont think linea will be having any impact on d sales of city.

ps- i dont think that d fiesta tdci is a vfm car,its highly over-priced !!!!

@Mehul- I mentioned that Fiesta S a VFM. Right now its OTR price in my city is around 7.7lacs which is great for what it offers. Agree Fiesta TDCI is overpriced by atleats 30-40k and with Ikon TDCI launch it looks more expensive!!

Yes City is having a wait period of 2 weeks, but acc to my dealer its as per the color. Silver & Polished Metal seem to be having more wait period. So the City E is finally launched???? I didnt see it in the showroom when i visited 2 days back.

Any actual user experience of ANHC?????

I have heard that headlights and AC are weak.

Please post your views so all other members may decide before putting their money on the table.

I am dissapointed by city I havn't seen many on the roads its not an excuse of E varient launch I frankly speaking have seen more xylo's than the overpriced underfeatured city.

The linea's petrol engine is also a gem.

I took a TD of ANHC AT, but was not impressed. Engine did not feel like a 118 hp engine at slow speeds - perhaps tue to torque coming at a very high 4600 RPM. A car named CITY and meant mainly for city drive must have low-end grunt. Another user has reported that petrol tank mounted under the floor is made of plastic and does not have any shield. I shudder to think of petrol leakage and resultant fire after its hits some breaker or stone, or after a crash.

It has no fire prevention system, no sump guard apart from a long list of features and items desired but not provided. Not even a engine temprature meter which even a M800 has.
akj53in2009-02-23 15:04:17

akjin actually the temp gauge isnt much of a requirement atleast i think so...in place of it the anhc has many important displays like the real time fuel economy and the tank range.....and what fire prevention system ???? the car can only have a fire extinguisher and if you dont run your car on cng then the probability of your car catching fire is next to nill !!!! the anhc though a bit pricey but its the best in its segment !!!!

csnana: Thanks for posting the review. I had also read it on the other forum.

Every car has its merits and demerits. Honda is known for their Engines and their 5 speed Auto with Paddel Shift is also very tempting. But the way Honda has cutted corners on other material / features has been putting me off to buy this car.

yes sir the cost cutting measures adopted by honda are the highlights of the anhc....but on the whole great car !!!

my friends anhc is averaging close to 14 kmpl in delhi's traffic which is terrific !!!

Just Read in new ACI issue that they will provide yearly updates for NHC ,this is what it says :

"According to company insiders there is likely to be refresh every year for the NHC"

I think they won't do the change fast as such may be next January .They know that the interior quality is let down through the previous city and its kind of embarrasing of them to say it. also the base civic clash with top end city is making quiet a dilemma as dealers have to pit one honda with other honda.