Dr_SKN

Query on Getz Prime 1.1?

getz prime 1.1

so friends.. If you have new getz prime 1.1 and if u have any good or bad thing to share then please do tell me as i have enquired many place and then finally i come to a conclusion that getz prime gvs is the car for me as i want to stick upto a range of 4.5 L. My priorities are-

1.sufficient space

2.smooth drive on bad roads

3.good AC

4.engine upto mark atleast like a santro xing.

I want to buy it in next month in diwali. I need your suggestion friends. Thanking you. FuelRunGod2007-09-30 10:35:25

the Getz Prime  1.1 is overall a good car with space , Decent Mileage and AC.if you like this car so much then i think you should go ahead with this but somewhat i dint feel this soo good when compared to the Swift. so you may also look at the swift petrol1.3 the pick up is too good and so i the AC and also a decent milage.

NOTE- Ground clearance of Getz is 160mm whereas Swift is 170mm.

so please test drive the swift once and then decide carefuly on which one you would buy. Kind regards, VISH.

Hi vish.

Thank you for kind information. I would try to have a test drive before fixing my decision on any car. Can you tell me as i have read some where that getz 1.1 engine has been improved but is it really efficient than santro as its weight is bit more for its power? And i would like to know what did you not like in getz.. So please tell me merits and demerits of getz prime gvs over swift.. More over i want to add that swift with most of the valuable features costs bit more than getz gvs.. my dad want to buy a car with in 4.6L. Please send me your views regarding this. Thank you. FuelRunGod2007-09-30 11:10:15

Hi frg.

I would definately look for swift but as my parents dont like its look at all it is out of our consideration. By the way what do you mean by underpower.. Is really so sluggish on indian road worse to santro..? If it is so then i did not understand why hyundai relaunched getz as getz prime gvs.. Please help me out.. Thanks.

Hi, i am having Getz but its 1.3 so i dont know about 1.1 but still the car is very good its sedan like car space,comfort,ride,build quality and all is very good so if u had a test drive of 1.1 and if u like then simply go for it and also look at U-VA 1.2 as its also very good car.

U-VA is good but expensive 1.1 is sluggish i took test drive of it n that of 1.3 ,the latter is better option coz getz is heavier than santro . i would recommand swift LXi but since u dont like it go for 1.3 getz.

Dear rssh,

well as i told earlier i hv to stick upto 4.6 on road price.. N my parents want features like space n other features available in getz gvs o in swift vxi. But as these features r not available in lower or base models i would prefer above mentioned models only.. Hey friends.. Does any of you not have getz 1.1 ??

u can install these features aftermarket if u really need it coz the Getz is heavy therefore it gets a little on ur nerve of not getting enough power, I hav no hate for the 1.1 n there is no other car in this category for the price u mentioned. Take my advice n go for 1.1 if u like n can afford but it is underpowered, as i can make out from my test drive.

Hey frns tell me 1 thing........swift LXi doesnt have rear sear head rest.........can they be installed from outside as showroom guys refused to install them........if this problem is resolved then it would be a big tension relief for me................and please give me a confirmed reply...sumit sharma

Well friends thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. Lets see whether my dad allows to extend the expenditure.. Or hope if prices of cars come down a bit in Diwali/Dashera. :-)