RKNG

Hyundai Santro, Indica DLS,Suzuki Alto VXI

HI all,

My family has owned these cars for the past now almost 5 years. The Santro1.1 has covered 75,000 kms and it is still feeling brand new. Everything in the car is OE except for the tyres that were changed at 55K mark (good even then but my father was afraid because rainy season was coming).

Also even till now the clutch has not been changed.!! The paint still retains its original shine, thats more to do with the care that father gives to it. We had a Santro1.0 before that had done around 55K but had to be sold because there was no power steering.All in all a very good car. Only problem is  the bumpy ride at the rear. Otherwise a perfect city car.. light controls and ease of driving...
FuelRunGod2007-08-16 21:42:29

Yes, the bumpy ride can make the Santro uncomfortable on bad roads and the awkward pedal position gives me a crick in my ankles but overall this is still the best small car today. However, the Chevy Spark comes close 325i2007-08-16 19:44:12

Thats very good and thats why the CEO of Fiat says (Autocar, Nov,2007)  that they have made an exit from the lower B Class with their Palio, which will be slotted  a bit higher.The Koreans are giving them a tough time in this class, even in Europe.

have heard Santro offers good mileage however i dont feel any comfort in the car... i am 6ft tall and when i drive it, dont feel comfortable bcoz of the legroom is too less. my old Matiz was a lot better than Santro... i would always say thats the best small car for city drive...

yeah.the all new indica is a huge step-up.

But otherwise I prefer the Spark because of its smooth engine, economy, comfort, looks, and comfortable front seats.

The only grouse is the gearbox which is mushy.

The new Indigo CS is one car that needs to be checked out. It is phenomenal value at some 4.5 lakhs for the 70 bhp diesel, almost hatchback proportions and a boot too. Must say Tata is trying to deliver best of both worlds. A sedan in hatch dimensions. And the rear looks sexy too.