Dr_SKN

Bargaining while buying a new car !

Hey friends..

Lets share your ideas/views regarding the parts/any other thing related to car for which either you have bargained or you think that can be bargained with the hope of success during buying a new car(please mention the exshowroom price of the car and the actual price of that part/parts bargained along with) hope that your ideas and experiences would help an unexperienced new car buyer...

Cheers !!!

yes actually let me share my Big Story. on March we met with an accident in Our Indica Xeta and later got it repaired and sold it at a huge loss and then called one of the maruti dealer and booked for WagonR VXi ABS passion Red color we waited for around 2 months but the car was never  ready in the pre pool. slowly by this time the Sales executive became a good friend of mine and told me to goo for the Swift diesel which i earlier planned for one then we booked for the swift diesel and got it within 2 months. the Ex showroom price of my Swift VDi is around 5.01  and the items i got from the dealer are accessories worth Rs 3500..

actually there are 2 dealers of Maruti here so you can ask both and try for the Maximum offer and black mail th either dealer telling that this dealer will give me free accessories worth 3500 rs and soo. then immediately they will raise their offer for you.

Always take quotes from other dealers and tell them you are getting so and so free along with your car. This generally forces the dealer to give you a better quote.

But when talking about other dealers quotes and freebies, keep it realistic or theyll see through you.

FRG

Always take quotes from other dealers and tell them you are getting so and so free along with your car. This generally forces the dealer to give you a better quote.

But when talking about other dealers quotes and freebies' date=' keep it realistic or theyll see through you.

FRG
[/quote']

I have heard about dealers cooperating, even though this amounts to an unfair trade practice so watch out. Another thing,  if you are willing to accepta colour in stock, as against ordering they may give a better discount.

When my mama brought his new Alto in 2000 or 2001 then the demand for silver,red and white was very high so he got 20000 discount on the pacific blue colour and i wonder i never get to see that colour.

WOW i think he is a very lucky guy well i dint receive any discount for my Swift VDi.except for the Rs 3000 accessories. and its not Mint Frappe colour that he has taken i think he taken OZONE BLUE cause the Mint Frappe colour has been stopped.

bargain ? why not/ ? its your hard earned money man. you should also check the prices in neighbouring states ,especially if there is single dealer,we had forced a dealer in hyderabad to pay back  80000 rupees on  each skoda superb for  10- 15 customers and gave written complaint to company as well,  you can bargain in cash or accessories too bye