sumittechnocrat

Any Idea about cess on cars !!!!

Hey friends do u have any idea about the cess on cars...............i read in news papers that Indian Govt. is going to impose 8% tax as cess on cars and 4% on bikes................but no such date is mentioned anywhere that from which month it would be applied ................even the car showrom guys calls me and ask me to buy their cars immediately as the rates are going to be revised in this month..............well cess is a truth but its imposing date is still a mystery.........sumit

Hi sumit.

Yes i also heard about educational cess on cars.. But is it 8% or 2% as the exshowroom price of getz prime gvs was about 441000 Rs in mum before this month and now its current price is about 449000 Rs. So its about 2%. If you know anything more then please do inform me and i will do the same..

Hi............. i would like to tell you that this increase in the price of  Getz is a normal increase in price by Hyundai on all te models of Getz and this was informed to me by the company itself as the head office of Hyundai is in Delhi itself .........well as far as Cess is concerned it is still to be imposed on all cars and two wheelers....to improve the urban transport system in all small and big cities...........and this hike in price would be 8% on cars and 4 % on two wheelers and 1 rupee hike in price  of petrol......sumit

Oh my god.. Are sure about this damnn cess.. ? If it is so then about 8000 /- increase for per 100000 /- Its really shocking news.. I will also enquire about this. Please do inform me if you come to know about its implement..

Hi sumit. Well i went into a discussion regarding 8% cess with my friends and my relatives who also gonna buy car this year. According to them this proposal is still in its primitive state.. They still working in it. Once it is approved then it will be implicated. 8%cess does not seem to come so soon but there is an education cess of 2% which will be imposed soon.